How to ruin a good weekend...

Posted by: wristtwister

How to ruin a good weekend... - 07/15/07 09:47 PM

Sitting in a restaurant, minding my own business... having supper, when the manager came up and said..." Do you drive a Ford Explorer?"

Somebody plowed my brand new car that I just bought Wednesday (today's Sunday, for the record).

Why is it always my toys that get broke?

Oh, well

Posted by: JKogas

Re: How to ruin a good weekend... - 07/15/07 09:51 PM

This happened TODAY?

Re: How to ruin a good weekend... - 07/15/07 10:01 PM

About 2 hours ago.

WT
Posted by: eyrie

Re: How to ruin a good weekend... - 07/15/07 10:19 PM

I hope it's insured...

Re: How to ruin a good weekend... - 07/15/07 10:25 PM

It is... just not against pi$$in' me off...

I didn't even have the license plates for it yet... arrrgh.

Posted by: MattJ

Re: How to ruin a good weekend... - 07/15/07 11:17 PM

Grady -

I will be mailing you a years supply of four leaf clovers, rabbit's feet, and horse-shoes. I will also be whupping up most heinous on the guy that has the voodoo doll in your image.

At least you wern't hurt!

Re: How to ruin a good weekend... - 07/15/07 11:29 PM

mumble mumble, cuss cuss...
Posted by: Taison

Re: How to ruin a good weekend... - 07/16/07 12:34 AM

WT,

Although I'm catholic, I think I'll revisit some Buddha temples and work on your luck.

Give me your date of birth and your chinese star sign. I'll whip up some good luck and top it with some saucy wealth.

-Taison out
Posted by: Dereck

Re: How to ruin a good weekend... - 07/16/07 01:27 AM

Dang it all Grady, I feel for you. I usually have bad luck like that too ... knock on wood. I owned a 2000 Ford Explorer 4x4 previously and own a 2004 Ford Explorer Sportrac 4x4 currently. I hope all gets sort out with your insurance quickly so that you can start enjoying your new vehicle.
Posted by: harlan

Re: How to ruin a good weekend... - 07/16/07 07:31 AM

Look on the bright side, Grady. You weren't sitting in it when it was hit.
Posted by: Midnightcrawler

Re: How to ruin a good weekend... - 07/16/07 07:35 AM

WW,

Damn tough luck, you have my sympathy. I had something similar happen years ago. Did you get the other guys registration plate? After all they should be the one paying for the repairs to your vehicle. Best of luck.

MC.

Re: How to ruin a good weekend... - 07/16/07 10:54 PM

This was irritating, but I once had a week where my dishwasher, water heater, and furnace all went out in the same week (of course during mid-winter) and had to be replaced. At the time, I was unemployed, and it took every dime I had saved at the time to simply survive that week.

This will be a "walk in the park" compared to that.

I also spent 6 days last winter without power, with the temperatures in the 20's. My wife, who died of cancer last October, had to have "wet pack" dressings applied during that time, and that's when I learned what "tough" means. I've been doing martial arts almost 45 years, and compared to what she went through, I'm a "candy a$$".

Posted by: clmibb

Re: How to ruin a good weekend... - 07/17/07 10:37 AM

GEEZ WT Sorry to hear about your car. Did the other guy leave insurance info?

Casey

Re: How to ruin a good weekend... - 07/17/07 04:58 PM

Oh yeah, he had insurance. He didn't have a chance to run off because the cops took him into custody almost immediately after he hit the cars. It's just a pain in the arse to have to deal with the insurance companies and take time out of your life to do their legwork for them.

You'd think you worked for them when they start telling you what you need to do after an accident. My take was... I was sitting there having my supper and my car jumped out in front of your client?... No, maybe you need to do the legwork and get this fixed. ASAP would be less expensive for you.

It took them almost two days just to arrange for a rental car, so my patience is already short with them. I told the agent "You can get this taken care of, or I can call my lawyer and he can add a couple of thousand to the claim and handle it for you... you get to choose..."

Re: How to ruin a good weekend... - 07/17/07 05:44 PM

Dealing with insurance companies is no fun, I know from experience. The thing is you have to keep on top of them to make sure they are handling your needs immediately and you don't get lost on their list. Funny eh? If you don't pay them they would be on you like a fat kid on a smartie to get it but when they have to dole out some cash then you are not as important. And if you are the victim then it seems even worse. Hate them though my wife's accident just before Christmas went fairly smoothly but I handled everything and when I'm involved ... things get done or I get ruthless ... and you don't want to be on my ruthless side.
Posted by: clmibb

Re: How to ruin a good weekend... - 07/17/07 06:08 PM

Oh he hit more than just yours? I thought this was just a "hey sorry I backed up too far" type of thing. Guess not.

Casey
Posted by: Reiki

Re: How to ruin a good weekend... - 07/17/07 09:05 PM

That sux.

Hope your week improves~

Re: How to ruin a good weekend... - 07/17/07 10:48 PM

Well, things are looking up. I just got back from a Josh Groban concert, so I've had some good music to cheer me up. That guy can sing! (Found out tonight that he grew up at the Metropolitan Opera... where you might get some good voice training)

I raised enough hell with the insurance companies that they're moving now... but they requested that I not call their office again... ... like that would stop me...

Re: How to ruin a good weekend... - 07/18/07 02:05 AM

Keep at the insurance company Grady. Sorry to hear you went to the Josh Groban concert though.