Great Training Weekend

Posted by: wristtwister

Great Training Weekend - 07/15/07 02:04 PM

I just got back from a weekend of training with the Okinawan Karate Union Summer Seminar, and had a blast. A lot of interesting stuff was taught, and there were some top notch instructors there to get the job done.

We did some karate kumite, and my partner in it said "I thought you were a jujutsu guy..." I told him, "I am... I'll explain the difference as you go down".

Seriously, we did have a lot of fun training, and I got to meet a lot of people from all over the country (mostly Isshin Ryu), and see a lot of old friends that have been doing karate for almost as many years as I have... (that makes them "old").

Wish I could go to the East Coast gathering, but I'm teaching a seminar that day in Tennessee. Maybe next year.
Anyway, it was a good seminar and everybody seemed to have a lot of fun. That's the best thing about "organizations".

Posted by: Dereck

Re: Great Training Weekend - 07/15/07 04:47 PM

Glad you had a good time and shared it with us. Getting together with others who you don't see often to train with them is always good to refresh your skills and reacquaint friendships.
Posted by: harlan

Re: Great Training Weekend - 07/15/07 04:50 PM

Ditto. Will we get to see some more pics of the handsome guy on the left????

http://www.oku.com/images/2005seminarphotos/grady/grady_scott.jpg
Posted by: wristtwister

Re: Great Training Weekend - 07/15/07 05:12 PM

I don't know, Harlan... I don't take many pictures of myself I'm sure I'll end up showing up in some from the seminar, but probably just as a "background character".

If so, it'll be good to replace the one at the post office with the "reward" under it...

Posted by: brocksampson

Re: Great Training Weekend - 07/26/07 06:38 PM

Wrist, I should have met up with you there! Sorry I didn't know who to look for. As you said it was a great time. I'm already looking forward to next year.
Do you know when and where the pictures of the event will be posted?