Black sheep, Fear the movie and gta 4

Posted by: crablord

Black sheep, Fear the movie and gta 4 - 07/06/07 08:22 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMp8mSRiHow
ok first, the most hilariously stupid horror movie trailer ive ever seen.
I actually dropped my drink in the cinema when this trailer played I was laughing so hard.

I also heard they were making a fear movie, which should be out mid 2008 apparently, if its anything like the game then that should be really awesome/scary, however Im not sure whether this is all true.

and lastly gta 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7lScdzAFeo
looks awesome, but unoriginal?

Thoughts?
Posted by: Mr_Heretik

Re: Black sheep, Fear the movie and gta 4 - 07/06/07 11:26 AM

I get nervous whenever a new game-based movie is released, especially if Uwe Boll's name is attached. If there is a FEAR movie, it probably won't be very similiar to the game, like Doom and Resident Evil. The Silent Hill movie ended up "feeling" a lot like the game, but the game just doesn't make a good movie.

I thought Black Sheep was already released? When I check out Movie on Demand, I can see that it is available for rental.

As for GTA 4, Rockstar knows what they're doing. Most of the time I don't even read news about the GTA games(unless it has something to do with Jack Thompson) because I'm confident Rockstar will produce a good game.
Posted by: Cord

Re: Black sheep, Fear the movie and gta 4 - 07/06/07 06:38 PM

Black sheep is a rip off of a cult british horror from the late 80's called 'Revenge of billy the Kid' about a mutant weregoat born of unnatural relations between a farmer and one of his flock
Posted by: Mr_Heretik

Re: Black sheep, Fear the movie and gta 4 - 07/06/07 09:54 PM

That movie sounds so terrible I have to watch it.
Posted by: crablord

Re: Black sheep, Fear the movie and gta 4 - 07/07/07 02:41 AM

Quote:

about a mutant weregoat born of unnatural relations between a farmer and one of his flock

its also made in new zealand funnily enough.
(haha im just kidding guys)

Quote:

it probably won't be very similiar to the game, like Doom and Resident Evil.

Its a hard plot to change, dooms was pretty light so that was easily done, but i think this could genuinely work and work well.
the action sequences should be something to behold too.

Lets just hope its not like doom.

as for gta it looks like gta 3 with better graphics, rockstar needs to add something new to their games to keep the series alive. saints row had some fresh ideas, rockstar needs to do the same. its about time we got online play too.
Posted by: rideonlythelabel

Re: Black sheep, Fear the movie and gta 4 - 07/07/07 12:14 PM

I thought Doom was a fun movie that didn't take itself seriously.

Fear has got an actual plot, however. It's nothing too great, but I think it could work in a Silent Hill kind of way. I thought Silent Hill, as a movie from a video game, was pretty well done, with just the right balance between seriousness and playfulness, not like that horrible Resident Evil series.
Posted by: Cord

Re: Black sheep, Fear the movie and gta 4 - 07/07/07 03:45 PM

I enjoyed Doom. Unpretentious fun. Very derivative of Aliens, and knew it. the twist with the Rock ending up as the bad guy i found genuinely suprising. The section that was filmed in first person was well done, and evoked the game Doom 3 very well.

My problem with a film of F.E.A.R. is that the game itself relies on 'ringu/Ju-On' imagery and atmosphere for its jumps. in that respect it was innovative, and added a new dimension to 1st person shooting.
Now the transfer to the screen is just going to result in yet another raven haired ghostly girl-child acting out her trauma by leaping out of household utilities. In film, this has been done to death, and its just not scary anymore. we have Japanese Rings, western rings, Korean rings, japanese dark water, western dark water, anything with sarah michelle gellar made in the last 6 years, and their japanese equivalents. Dull. Dull. Dull.

In the game world, the only franchise more overrated than GTA is the Final Fantasy series. GTA4 holds as much interest for me as a paper bag.

i have invested in a copy of Tenchu-Z, and that is a 50 level ninjathon of sneaking and stealthing and slashing
Give me a post Kill Bill, Chambara revival, big budget Tenchu movie. i demand it immediately.
Posted by: MattyChi

Re: Black sheep, Fear the movie and gta 4 - 07/09/07 06:10 PM

I just saw Black Sheep last night because of this thread haha. I found the movie pretty hilarious. It's really gory too haha
Posted by: MarkW

Re: Black sheep, Fear the movie and gta 4 - 07/17/07 01:53 AM

Killer Sheep? KILLER SHEEP?!

And I thought Snakes on a Plane was as bad as it got.
Posted by: budobrubbie

Re: Black sheep, Fear the movie and gta 4 - 07/22/07 07:05 PM

How about...KILLER BUNNIES!!! Rent "Night of the Lepus" for some classic, comedic horror:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrMcMHzGoBo&mode=related&search=