Awkward Situation

Posted by: ScottO

Awkward Situation - 07/06/07 01:56 AM

What's the significance of your significant other having depressing/antagonizing dreams of/against you? Do they have significance? [Eh,I like the word]

She has just told me her third one innnn I think 5 months, and they're not that positive on my side. I don't beat her or anything! I rather think I'm quite a gentleman. Chivalry is not dead.

They are about me being insensitive to slight pain I cause her. One instance, I backed up in car and slightly banged on either her arm or her hip and she asked later on why I didn't look or make sure she was alright, and I apparently just went in the car and drove off. I then came back later with a different face, she hugged me and started crying.

How about that for depressing a boyfriend.

Any input? I'm cloudy right now so forgive me if this post is just too weird or something to comment on.

Thank you!
Posted by: Mr_Heretik

Re: Awkward Situation - 07/06/07 01:59 AM

The part about you backing up into her, was that part of her dream or real?

Re: Awkward Situation - 07/06/07 02:01 AM

Quote:

The part about you backing up into her, was that part of her dream or real?

She just ran her mouth off and I was sick of it...

A dream, of course!
Posted by: clmibb

Re: Awkward Situation - 07/06/07 10:27 AM

Scott, dreams are just that, dreams. I have dreams that my husband dies at work all the time (he works offshore). Sometimes in my dream I'm happy he died and sometimes I'm devistated. Would I be happy if my husband died? NO WAY! I do tell him about the dreams and we laugh about some of them. It doesn't mean you're a bad boyfriend. Heck the dream could actually be an ex-boyfriend but because you are the current one in her life, you show up in her dreams. I don't know I'm not any kind of dream interpreter.

Casey
Posted by: RazorFoot

Re: Awkward Situation - 07/06/07 10:28 AM

I am not a therapist by any strecth of the imagination, but could it be that she may feel that you are a bit insensitive to things that cause her stress, pain, or problems? Could this be her way of internalizing those thoughts and having them come out in a different way? Might be worth asking. Then again, I could be completely off the mark but hey, its a start to a conversation that may help if nothing else. It shows your concern for the things that may trouble her and a willingness to help.

Just a thought.

Scottie
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Awkward Situation - 07/06/07 10:44 AM

I wouldn't necessarily worry about it. Her dreams may or may not have any significance. It's possible she may be projecting something from her past, and simply associating it with you since you're here now.
Posted by: ButterflyPalm

Re: Awkward Situation - 07/06/07 10:59 AM

The general opinion (from all self-confessed non-dream interpreters) seems to be -- do not loose any sleep over it.

Re: Awkward Situation - 07/06/07 11:31 AM

Thank you all for your responses!

It probably swamped in my head as much as it did because I usually have really nice dreams when she's in them, and I think back and all I remember her telling me hers, they were pretty negative on me in the same way.

I'll try not to let it get to me more than it should. In the same breath, I'll be more receptive to her pain and my reaction when it comes.

I hope it wasn't a literal negative dream, but then again I just had a dream where I was taking election advice from George Clooney.
Posted by: Saisho

Re: Awkward Situation - 07/06/07 06:16 PM

Quote:

Chivalry is not dead.

Maybe it will be soon
Posted by: Cord

Re: Awkward Situation - 07/06/07 06:33 PM

Dude, seriously, dont worry about it. women are crazy. Wonderful, but crazy.
A while ago i was sat playing on my 360 in the morning and Deni came down stairs (I always get up a couple of hours before her- she is not a morning person), I put the game on pause, looked up and said 'good morning ' , she fixed me with an icy stare, and said 'You got a f*cking nerve talkin' to me after last night '. I was dumbfounded- all was well the previous night- I had no idea what she was on about . I managed to get from her the details of this massive row we had had- everything i had said and done. it was only after gently reminding her that we had fallen asleep snuggled up together that it dawned on her that it had been a dream.

its nothing to worry about