Transformers

Posted by: Mr_Heretik

Transformers - 07/03/07 10:35 PM

Has anyone else seen it? I thought it was pure pwnage, and might try to see it again tomorrow.
Posted by: crablord

Re: Transformers - 07/04/07 01:34 AM

i saw it twice just to see the disturbed song at the end.
awesome movie too.
Posted by: Cord

Re: Transformers - 07/04/07 08:05 AM

I will wait for DVD. now if they ever made a Thundercats movie I would go to the premiere- not to mention Battle of the Planets
Posted by: ScottO

Re: Transformers - 07/04/07 11:29 AM

Seeing it in one hour!

Sounds like I won't be disappointed!! Yes!!
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Transformers - 07/04/07 12:44 PM

Never heard of Thundercats, I don't think we ever got this though in 1983 I wasn't watching cartoons persay. I did just watch a YouTube video of this though. Now Battle of the Planets ... loved that show.

I'm looking forward to the Transformer movie and should see it soon.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Transformers - 07/04/07 12:55 PM

Quote:

Now Battle of the Planets ... loved that show.

Ditto. My favorite cartoon in the 5th grade.
Posted by: Cord

Re: Transformers - 07/04/07 06:45 PM

I also think the time is perfect to right the wrongs done to 'masters of the Universe' by Dolph lundgren in the 80's. Apparently John Woo wants to re-invent He-Man in his inimitable style- now that i would watch

Anyone remember Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors?
Posted by: ThomsonsPier

Re: Transformers - 07/05/07 07:10 AM

Strange you should mention Thundercats, Cord...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1047015/

...sorry there's no information there, but I think it's going to be live action.

I believe there is also another He-Man film in the works, this time without the copious quantities of studio interference that killed the last one.

Re: Transformers - 07/05/07 12:31 PM

Off to see Transformers in 30 minutes with my 14 year old daughter ... a daddy-daughter day.

Re: Transformers - 07/05/07 02:25 PM

It is worth the money of a movie, definitely, I'd say.

I got excited when they played the new Smashing Pumpkins song!

One thing that's on me today now is that movie preview before, the one by JJ Abrams (LOST, Mission impossible 3).

The one where they didn't give you the title or anything, I won't detail it for people who want to find out for themselves, but I'm now soaking in suspense until January
Posted by: Neko456

Re: Transformers - 07/05/07 02:53 PM

Brillant display of Computer graphics something years ago would have not been possible.

My only complaint was the Robots fights were too hard to follow (maybe bc I'm old), it almost made my head hurt trying to follow it all. Overall a brilliant work of art a fictional epic placed on the big screen.

I won't see it again, but I might buy the DVD later.
Posted by: Mr_Heretik

Re: Transformers - 07/05/07 03:31 PM

Quote:

It is worth the money of a movie, definitely, I'd say.

I got excited when they played the new Smashing Pumpkins song!

One thing that's on me today now is that movie preview before, the one by JJ Abrams (LOST, Mission impossible 3).

The one where they didn't give you the title or anything, I won't detail it for people who want to find out for themselves, but I'm now soaking in suspense until January

I dug up some info on that trailer and so far the only name for it is "Cloverfield." Looks very interesting.

I want to go watch Transformers again, just so I can feel like a little kid for another couple of hours.

Re: Transformers - 07/05/07 04:08 PM

Quote:

I dug up some info on that trailer and so far the only name for it is "Cloverfield." Looks very interesting.

I came up with the same, but then I hear that's only the codename they gave out. I also heard that the title is still in works, even.

I would FLIP if it was War of the Monsters

Re: Transformers - 07/05/07 05:22 PM

Back from the movie and all I have to say is AWESOME, FRICKIN' AWESOME. That was a great movie with tons of action and great effects. The scenes were so seamless that you don't even have to worry about it looking fake ... excellent job. This is a "Must Buy" when it comes to DVD.

As a kid there were no such things as Transformers but when I was finishing high school they started coming out and my younger brother got into them. I only wanted to see the movies from the trailers I seen last year before they hit the TV and I am sure glad I did. Dereck gives this two big thumbs up.
Posted by: RazorFoot

Re: Transformers - 07/06/07 11:26 AM

Quote:

Anyone remember Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors?

Yep, "Armed Force" and "Drill Seargant" were my favorite vehicles. Hey, did they ever find his dad? I never found out. MASK was a good cartoon to. The helmets with the different effects and the changing vehicles.

Oh and Transformers was great although they did majorly change one of the characters. It was for the better but still not in line with the original series.

Scottie
Posted by: WhiteDragon11

Re: Transformers - 07/07/07 02:19 AM

I thought the movie was awesome. I agree the fights between the robots were hard to follow. But its still fun trying to imagin what they were doing. haha
Posted by: jthurmanator12

Re: Transformers - 07/14/07 03:51 PM

I like the movie alot. Awsome cars. Hot girls. Perfect.
Posted by: Bushi_no_ki

Re: Transformers - 07/14/07 06:36 PM

I'm feeling really old right now. I remember Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors. Oy. Most of my company doesn't even know what alot of the good shows are.