Firewall??

Posted by: Taison

Firewall?? - 06/27/07 09:52 AM

Ok, I've just reformatted my computer after some guy sneaked a key-logger into my computer system.

Basically, my World of Warcraft account got hacked, and my email and bank account may have been compromised. Anyway, my stuff is safe enough now, since my computer is cleaned.

Now the big question is... I have no idea how the msn firewall system works. I can't get my windows live messenger to get access to the internet and thus, unable to use the program.

Someone solve this asap.

I'm still working on stone and chisel, so work on this for me. I'll notify you guys when I've graduated to pen and paper.

-Taison out
Posted by: jpoor

Re: Firewall?? - 06/27/07 10:07 AM

Just checking; did you notify your bank?

Sorry, can't help with MSN firewall

Re: Firewall?? - 06/27/07 10:29 AM

Notify my bank?

Yup, changed password/pin and stuff.

Even if he did want to transfer, I only got like $3 on that one bank account. I don't like Thai banks that much. I tend to stick to HSBC or UOB. Chinese ones tend to be a bit more. . secure. .

Microsoft Firewall is doing a great job to be honest, but it won't let me use msn.

-Taison out
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Firewall?? - 06/27/07 10:53 AM

Taison - you might want to PM ZombieZero, MrMoyer or Ed Morris. I believe they have the tech geekery level you need.

Re: Firewall?? - 06/27/07 11:13 AM

Wow, but but..

They're weird.. They scare me.. They're like nocturnal and stuff. . And do weird stuff as well..

-Taison out
Posted by: shadowkahn

Re: Firewall?? - 06/27/07 12:10 PM

ok first off if it has Microsoft in front of it it probably sucks. I don't trust windows firewall, and it's probably the same guys that are working on the MSN firewall

Go get ZoneAlarm. It's free and easy to configure. www.zonelabs.com .

An alternative is Outpost - it's more secure and works a bit better, but it's a good deal harder to configure.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Firewall?? - 06/27/07 01:51 PM

Scrap that Microsoft stuff and come over to the Apple world, it is fresh, crisp, clean and much safer.
Posted by: Debsk

Re: Firewall?? - 06/28/07 01:39 PM

Taison... you dont mention which version of Windows or MSN you are using but Here is something that might help.

Also I agree with the others, change the firewall, no wonder you got hacked. Sygate Personal Firewall is another good none to use, just do a google search for it. Any other problems PM me I am not scary...promise.

Re: Firewall?? - 06/28/07 10:47 PM

Windows XP. Windows firewall.

Well before it I didn't use any type of firewall, and I accidentally clicked on a website that had a keylogger.

Thinking about zonealarm.

-Taison out
Posted by: Debsk

Re: Firewall?? - 06/29/07 01:13 AM

Zone Alarm is good. Let me know if you have any problems

Re: Firewall?? - 06/29/07 06:58 AM

I will.

You don't happen to walk around on your rooftop at night wearing aluminium foil, in fear of being mind-read by aliens, do you? *mumbles about Ed_Morris*

Anyway, I'll keep you informed.

-Taison out