The Poor family is expecting!

Posted by: jpoor

The Poor family is expecting! - 06/12/07 11:14 AM

Not like you think though We'll be adopting our fourth four footed member of the family. Haley is (as best we can tell) a Rotty/Doberman/Australian Shepard/something mix that is about three years old. She'll join Igloo; American Eskimo (15yo), Sam; Pembroke Corgi (14yo) and Rusty; Setter mix (3-ish yo).

We have quite the circus. Igloo is deaf and has the energy of a puppy, Sam is partially paralyzed, and Rusty was born missing his back left foot just above the ankle. As best we can tell, Haley is whole and has no physical issues.

We'll pick her up tomorrow evening.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: The Poor family is expecting! - 06/12/07 11:24 AM

Enjoy! The wife and I are stil getting used to our latest furry addition, a weimeranier/boxer mix named Daisy. She is a holy terror, but she keeps us laughing all the time.

picture here -

http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/s...page=0&vc=1
Posted by: Cord

Re: The Poor family is expecting! - 06/13/07 04:23 AM

Awesome news jpoor!! The wife and I have chosen a life with canine children instead of human- infinitely more fun, and 'carbon friendly' too!

Our daughter has just turned 3- Alice is a french bulldog, and shows no signs whatsoever of maturing out of her puppy stage
Posted by: grumbleweed

Re: The Poor family is expecting! - 06/13/07 04:48 AM

i'm a dog lover, however our new neighbours have two dogs who dont stop fecking barking and dog turds are now appearing on the shortcut behind our houses
Posted by: crablord

Re: The Poor family is expecting! - 06/13/07 04:55 AM

Quote:

i'm a dog lover,

Quick and painless then?
Posted by: grumbleweed

Re: The Poor family is expecting! - 06/13/07 04:58 AM

um, yes badly chosen words!

Haley's first night - 06/14/07 02:22 PM

She settled in just fine. We did the introductions on neutral turf (the garage, since we had ugly weather) and there wasn't a scuffle at all.

She spent a while exploring the house and figuring things out. She slept the entire night curled up next to my wife in the bed, so she fits right in.

So far, the only behavior issue is that she likes t jump on the bathroom counter to look at herself in the mirror. A quick "NO" when she's getting ready to jump stops here so I don't think we'll have to work too hard or long to correct that one.

Re: Haley's first night - 06/27/07 03:43 PM

http://www.pbase.com/jimpoor/image/81270357

Just a shot of the gang
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Haley's first night - 06/27/07 03:45 PM

Full house.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Haley's first night - 06/27/07 04:25 PM

I see what species wears the pants in your household, Jim.

Re: Haley's first night - 06/27/07 04:32 PM

Yeah, when I come home at night from training, I have to kick one or two of them out of my spot in the bed too.