"the cosmic sword" - split from Sword Art Links

Posted by: DonaldJ

"the cosmic sword" - split from Sword Art Links - 04/27/07 04:12 PM

Are there any sword links which detail formulas for incorporating the metal-sword with the mental-sword..? better known as "the cosmic sword"...

Because.. without the mental cosmic-sword, in communion with the blade, all you've got is a kitchen knife and "hard turnips to fight, whilst laying on their backs asleep"...

Has anyone else ever seen the bright flashes of a cosmic-sword attack..?

[moderator note] I've split this from the Sword Arts Links thread as it doesn't really seem to fit that thread. That thread is meant to be a collection of links to sites. This is an odd question which should probably be addressed seperately. [/moderator note]
Posted by: Charles Mahan

Re: "the cosmic sword" - split from Sword Art Links - 04/30/07 10:28 AM

Quote:

Are there any sword links which detail formulas for incorporating the metal-sword with the mental-sword..? better known as "the cosmic sword"...

Better known by who precisely? What are you talking about? Could you be a little more specific and a lot less vague?
Posted by: Richard_Norris

Re: "the cosmic sword" - split from Sword Art Link - 04/30/07 01:46 PM

Quote:

better known as "the cosmic sword"...

[moderator note] I've split this from the Sword Arts Links thread as it doesn't really seem to fit that thread. That thread is meant to be a collection of links to sites. This is an odd question which should probably be addressed seperately. [/moderator note]

"Odd" is pretty polite. I'm guessing the original author is confusing Pokemon or something for Japanese sword arts.

RN

Re: "the cosmic sword" - split from Sword Art Link - 04/30/07 02:07 PM

Quote:

"Odd" is pretty polite.

I was trying.
Posted by: Aeges

Re: "the cosmic sword" - split from Sword Art Link - 04/30/07 11:56 PM

A search for “Cosmic Sword” yielded various video game results, a production company, and this very post. Little as the way to other people who use the phrase.

Far be it from me to be rude though.

Scrubbing away a little of the “New-age” tone. I believe you are trying to hit on the communion between the mental aspect of a physical activity, and the actual physical activity. Everyone can punch if you have arms.(Sorry if any of you don’t, I don’t mean to be offensive). If everyone can punch and kick though, why aren’t we all instant black belts?

This really is more of a more general philosophy talk then something “sword specific”. In fact, I think the more you specify it, the less credibility it gets.

If you want to call it “The Cosmic Sword”, then by all means do so. It is however highly illogically that your personal metaphysical representation will equal mine or anyone else. Its just the nature of the beast that is the mind.
Posted by: northstar

Re: "the cosmic sword" - split from Sword Art Link - 05/01/07 09:21 AM

Seriously ... I think you'll find the answers here;

http://www.jedi-academy.com/

Re: "the cosmic sword" - split from Sword Art Link - 07/15/07 02:46 AM

Those items just aren't even close to it...

I'll try to explain "the cosmic sword" a little clearer...

I hope you'all don't freak all over me for it... It's just what I know about this silly sword...

...I'll give you a few of the patches of history that I know about the sword...

...About 25 years ago, I'm at my musician friend's pardy...
Some goony is sittin' in his muscle car, and really bully diggin' in my head from the street... I battle gently, because I don't want to envelope my friend's party atmosphere with a full powered attack... So I hold everything back, and remain docile and quiet...

Then the attacker telepaths, "Why didn't you use the sword?.. I thought you had the sword..?"

"I replied, "I didn't want to use it."...

_________

I found this here little swordie while in an ultra-deep trance state...
I found my focus of me walking in a thick gray fog.. so thick I cut out a chunk of it.. to examine...

It was just fog.. nothing interesting, so I went for a long walk in it.. I noticed a faint gold glint far off in the distance.. and approached it like a bug to a light at night... It was an ornate handle sticking out of the fog... I reached and seized it, and lifted it... There was a sword on the end of it... I hefted it, tested the balance, and waved it around, testing its motions and emotions... then aimed it to a scabbard, which just happened to be at my hip, and was about to put my new sword to sleep.. just as I was about to push the sword into its case I notices a herd of ghostly ancient philosophers and witches, all running toward me in mass confusion.. the looks on their faces like shock, jealousy, and anger... I slams the sword into its home, and gives 'em all "The Finger!"... which sure "took the wind out of their sails", and changed the ugly looks on their faces...

The first time I got the chance to use the dern thing, was after an young female Bigfoot paralyzed me at my solo deep-woods campsite... She added something wickedly mentally powerful, to her touching of my neck with the point of a fingernail, or claw... is when all my muscles went totally numb... I couldn't even blink...

After she exited, and giggled.. I struggled to get out of the paralysis, for three solid unsuccessful hours... fell asleep trying... I woke about seven hours later, still paralyzed... I tried everything I thought of to get out of the freeze... then I thought of my sword, and pulled it from its case, and waved it up and back.. It cut through something above me when I raised it over my head in pulling it back... creating a long rip in the roof, of what looked like a soft skin colored tube about ten feet diameter... I climbed out through the rip in the roof... Just then my fingers and arms twitched.. and in about 5-minutes I was moving again...
Somehow the "mental sword", or "cosmic sword" got me out of what ever that paralysis thing was, that the Bigfoot did to me... I had to crawl around on fours till I got my legs fully functional again...
Now I know why the ancients who got paralyzed by a Bigfoot or Yeti, flatly refused to talk about it... They probably messed in their togas while they were stuck in the freeze... It was sure close for me, but I managed quite well as soon as I got to my knees...

The time I saw the "cosmic sword used against me, was after I angered the school principle chief honcho nun, after asking the traveling bishop to tell us how he knows that all he just taught us is actual fact and truth, without him answering with the word "faith" in the answer... Is when I noticed flashing blades spinning around me, where I stood by my desk...
I glanced back at the nun, hiding in the dark at the back of the room... I saw a green skinned pimply faced old witch... a demonic creature, showing its true self...

I use this cutie little "cosmic sword" to hack heads off of approaching remote viewer attackers... It stops them in a flash...

I am trying to figure how this cutie little mind sword can be combined with primary matter, to learn how to use it to actually slice a metal lamp post in two in a flash swing..? or take an attacker's head...

Seems this sword doesn't come with a user's manual...
Everyone has one.. it's just that most can't process thought on the realms the sword is in.. and it seems that no one wants to learn it..?

You could call it: "magic sword", "sorcerer's sword", "cosmic sword", "mind sword", "outer-realm sword".. Call it what ever you want to call it... Does anybody out there, "in your great hell on earth", know how to make the cosmic sword cut steel?..
Is there any way to add lightning to it..?

Maybe this sword is the business end point of the mind..?

I wonder if it could cut an attacker right in two..?
Posted by: cxt

Re: "the cosmic sword" - split from Sword Art Link - 07/15/07 06:19 AM

You know my first reaction was "dude its puff-puff-PASS."
Ya got to pass it now and then or you get too much and it jacks up your melon.

But on second look its IMO, way to heavy handed "weird" to be the result of anything other than careful calculated action.

Reads like someone is trying a wee bit too hard.

Re: "the cosmic sword" - split from Sword Art Link - 07/15/07 11:22 AM

While I can't ban stupid, I think we can all agree this has nothing to do with sword arts. I'm going to transfer it out.
Posted by: Cord

Re: "the cosmic sword" - split from Sword Art Link - 07/16/07 08:09 AM

Donald, here is my guess: You are early to mid teens, you have had a keen interest in Kung-fu movies for most of your young life- especially the more mystical of the wacky 70's shaw brothers movies. Recently, you have also discovered the writing of the 'Beat generation' and been pouring over the stream of conscious works of Ginsberg, Kerouac, Burroughs et al. you have taken these influences and started to try and meld them in your own attempts as creative prose.

My Verdict: Its too derivative, and the way you have chosen to misrepresent it as some sort of fact, on an innapropriate website will not make anyone like it better.

sort your head out and try again if you want to talk about Martial arts. If you just want an audience for the detritus of your brain, look elswhere.

Re: "the cosmic sword" - split from Sword Art Link - 07/16/07 12:14 PM

I never expected that course-level of response from this quality blog... You are Cruel...

I am 59.. 60 September 14th... I sustained seven near death accidents in my life.. seven times over the line into death, and back...

35 years of deep introspective study of those NDE's woke me to a lot more reality than this whole human race combined will ever know... And on top of it, humanity is devolving into apes... Cell phones are slowly baking brains, alcohol is desiccating brains, meth and coke and other such substances are melting brains, lack of nutrients and vitamins are responsible for people progressively dying on their feet, religion and democracy are stifling intellect on a massive scale, dirty small-pox vaccinations are literally severing brain connections, and people are too lazy to switch on their minds, and too fearful to process new thought... It's a wonder that humans don't all still have prehensile tails, and full body fur covering... Hell it's truly a wonder that hot water and sharp knives are still legal in your cultured "synthetic realities"...

I'm sorry that none of you have a clue about any more reality than you've been conditioned to believe... I was hoping I would find intelligent people here...

Thing is, you must seek out the knowledge and wisdom yourself, or get none... They have you in the mindless slavery-box... Most humes are incapable of processing thought out of the box... It's just the way things are... I see most humes as chimpanzees... Most of their emotional sounds really sound like the sounds that come from the chimp's cage at the zoo... When I see humes frolicking around, I'm looking to see their tails...

This cosmic sword inquiry is a valid illegitimate concern... I posted it here for discovery, but all I got is grumpy kids spitting and hissing at me... I'm sorry to have disturbed you... Put your sharp swords in a safe place, so you won't hurt yourselves, take two pablums, a bottle of warm milk, change your diapers, go back to sleep, and don't call me in the morning...

Links deleted. All they did was show that another forum thought you were as pointless as we do, and due to the relaxed rules on swearing, showed you have a real potty mouth. tsk tsk.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: "the cosmic sword" - split from Sword Art Link - 07/16/07 12:19 PM

Quote:

I am trying to figure how this cutie little mind sword can be combined with primary matter, to learn how to use it to actually slice a metal lamp post in two in a flash swing..? or take an attacker's head...

Quote:

This cosmic sword inquiry is a valid illegitimate concern

You got that right. Or not. Bye bye now!
Posted by: Cord

Re: "the cosmic sword" - split from Sword Art Link - 07/16/07 08:01 PM

Take a creative writing course and up your dosage of lithium, you will feel better in a week or so.
Posted by: crablord

Re: "the cosmic sword" - split from Sword Art Link - 07/17/07 02:08 AM

that was funny.
I like funny.
Posted by: Benjamin1986

Re: "the cosmic sword" - split from Sword Art Link - 07/18/07 09:55 PM

Quote:

I am 59.. 60 September 14th... I sustained seven near death accidents in my life.. seven times over the line into death, and back...

Doubtful. I know many people of the age you claim to be, and none would write something so meandering. One thing about growing up in an age of pens and typewriters, you think before you write. No elder that I know would write even a simple reply without carefully thinking it out and editing it for clarity and accuracy. You obviously did neither.
Quote:

And on top of it, humanity is devolving into apes... Cell phones are slowly baking brains,

Openly disproven, if the media would simply accept the fact. Cell phone radiation is dwarfed by our omnipresent neighbor, El Sol, as well as by the countless radio and television towers brodcasting music and talk across our fair planet. It was all a scam to get a large settlement of money from cell phone companies.
Quote:

alcohol is desiccating brains, meth and coke and other such substances are melting brains, lack of nutrients and vitamins are responsible for people progressively dying on their feet,

I agree on the drugs, but this last century has produced the best fed generations in history. This is the first century where being overweight was even heard of, much less commonplace.
Quote:

dirty small-pox vaccinations are literally severing brain connections,

Smallpox vaccinations haven't been used in thirty years. If you mean the thimerosal in vaccinations causing autism, that too was disproven and mostly a way of getting money. Autism is on the rise due to more physicians diagnosing it. Before, they were simply labeled crazy.
Quote:

Hell it's truly a wonder that hot water and sharp knives are still legal in your cultured "synthetic realities"...

Have you heard about Britain lately?
Quote:

I'm sorry that none of you have a clue about any more reality than you've been conditioned to believe... I was hoping I would find intelligent people here...

So speaks the man who talks about killing a bigfoot with a psychic sword. Intelligence involves looking at what is presented to you and weighing its legitimacy. The very presence of Bigfoot and psychic powers has been dismissed by the learned for the past century due to simple lack of evidence. If you have solid proof of either, please apply for the JREF paranormal challenge (www.randi.org) for a million dollars after a simple display of such powers.
Quote:

Thing is, you must seek out the knowledge and wisdom yourself, or get none... They have you in the mindless slavery-box... Most humes are incapable of processing thought out of the box...

I call my box reality. It is a good thing to escape now and then, but in the end, staying within this box is more productive. If I stray too far from this box, I start losing my ability of critical thinking and simply accept what people tell me on online forums.
Quote:

This cosmic sword inquiry is a valid illegitimate concern... I posted it here for discovery, but all I got is grumpy kids spitting and hissing at me...

Here's a simple child's idiom. Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer. You gave a large amount a barely intelligible nonsense, and we responded to what we had, barely intelligible nonsense that spoke much but said nothing. If you wish to speak seriously about psychic powers, there are locations in which you will find this sort of discussion acceptable and even welcome. This, however, is a rational forum about the martial arts, and if you are looking for acceptance, you will need serious evidence of your claims, not poorly written stories.
Posted by: crablord

Re: "the cosmic sword" - split from Sword Art Link - 07/19/07 11:37 PM

well said.

KAMEHAMEHA SPIRIT SWORD ATTACK!
Posted by: cxt

Re: "the cosmic sword" - split from Sword Art Link - 07/20/07 10:56 AM

Donald

Its not the "meth" and drugs and alchohal and what not etc that is causeing the problems with people--its the lack of saber-toothed tigers.

See back in the the day, when there were plenty of saber-toothed tigers running around, humans that didn't have their melon stright usually got eaten up before they could pass on their genes.

So we, as a group, got smarter.

And we started to kill off the saber-toothed tigers.

So now, being without saber-toothed tigers there is no fear OF saber-tooth tigers to keep a person on their toes--thinking hard and thinking stright--a lot of folks choose NOT to think.
So there is nothing to keep the droolers, mouth breathers and knuckle draggers in check, they have overbred and are overrunning the world--or at least the net.

(hat-tip to the Diplomads "saber-tooth tiger" theory--sorry for what I just did to it. )
Posted by: Taison

Re: "the cosmic sword" - split from Sword Art Link - 07/20/07 12:01 PM

That theory, CTX, is a big fallacy.

It wasn't sabre-toothed tigers. It was killer bunnies.

-Taison out