Ventrilo and Teamspeak

Posted by: aikiuke

Ventrilo and Teamspeak - 04/22/07 03:17 PM

Does anyone here uses Ventrilo or Teamspeak?
I've been using Vent a lot lately and it's pretty fun.

For those of you who dont know, Vent and TS are voice communication programs used mostly by gamers where a group of people can get on and talk to eachother at once. Different channels and subchannels can be made just like different sections and topics of the forum. There can be admins of the whole server as well as admins who only control different channels and/or subchannels.

I thought it might be cool if some of you guys had it, or would get it so then we could have live conversation. I'd make a server but it wont work with my campus firewall, so that'd have to be up to someone else. If this is too spammy or something then go ahead and deleate it but both programs are free [I prefer ventrilo] you can get ventrilo at www.ventrilo.com
Posted by: Cord

Re: Ventrilo and Teamspeak - 04/22/07 03:28 PM

i dont have this, but i have often thought of the possibility of having a FA forum online xbox360 competition- if we all signed on to the same game we would be able to talk over the headset as we kicked each others a$$es on DOA4
Posted by: aikiuke

Re: Ventrilo and Teamspeak - 04/22/07 07:19 PM

That would also be cool... Too bad I dont have an xbox of any kind though
Posted by: Mr_Heretik

Re: Ventrilo and Teamspeak - 04/22/07 08:27 PM

Meh for now I'll just use AIM. SN: Pwnz0rz911

It sounds ridiculous I know, but its more sarcastic than anything.
Posted by: Chen Zen

Re: Ventrilo and Teamspeak - 04/24/07 12:57 PM

I actually just heard of ventrillo this weekend from a friend of mine i hadnt seen in a few years. m going to be checking into it eal soon. Sounds great.
Posted by: Taison

Re: Ventrilo and Teamspeak - 04/25/07 06:12 AM

I've been using ventrilo a lot due to World Of Warcraft.

I haven't used it since November, but if FA.com decides to use it, well, expect me to be online late at night.

-Taison out
Posted by: monkey_style

Re: Ventrilo and Teamspeak - 05/04/07 03:42 PM

my friends and I used to use vent when we were too lazy to get cell phones.
Posted by: Emsanon

Re: Ventrilo and Teamspeak - 05/04/07 03:46 PM

I was using Teamspeak for a while when I was playing EQ2 then when I stopped EQ2 I got rid of Teamspeak. It was pretty handy though and easy to use.
Great for:
Posted by: Alaska

Re: Ventrilo and Teamspeak - 05/05/07 06:27 AM

i use teamspeak every day. few years ago i was using ventrilo.