June-uary

Posted by: MattJ

June-uary - 01/04/07 12:36 PM

It's friggin' 60F+ degrees. It's normally between 35-40F. It's been warm since before Christmas.

Posted by: Zombie Zero

Re: June-uary - 01/04/07 12:39 PM

Smile when you say that!
Posted by: harlan

Re: June-uary - 01/04/07 12:42 PM

I'm loving it. I recall a January not too long ago where I shoveled EVERY DAY.
Posted by: Cord

Re: June-uary - 01/04/07 01:03 PM

Bring on the global warming Only downside is those pesky Polar Bears keep stealing my sunblock
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: June-uary - 01/04/07 02:01 PM

certainly is fine weather with an open air dojo.
Posted by: clmibb

Re: June-uary - 01/04/07 02:50 PM

Quote:

It's friggin' 60F+ degrees. It's normally between 35-40F. It's been warm since before Christmas.

LOL Matt that's normal here. Right now it's about 57F and drizzling. Nasty day. It's supposed to get up to the 70's this weekend.

Casey

Re: June-uary - 01/04/07 04:30 PM

*throws snowball at Casey*
Posted by: McSensei

Re: June-uary - 01/04/07 04:44 PM

Which melts before it gets anywhere near him.

"It's supposed to get up to the 70's this weekend."

Re: June-uary - 01/04/07 05:35 PM

*throws BBQ chicken at McSensei*

Re: June-uary - 01/04/07 08:59 PM

Quote:

Hey!!! McSensei! That "him" should be a "her". Just a little FYI. My parents weren't very creative when it came to spelling my name.

Casey
Posted by: McSensei

Re: June-uary - 01/05/07 09:04 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Hey!!! McSensei! That "him" should be a "her". Just a little FYI. My parents weren't very creative when it came to spelling my name.

Casey

Posted by: RazorFoot

Re: June-uary - 01/05/07 09:10 AM

Perhaps a picture would help. Please post the bikini shot here on line at your ealriest convenience. Clearly this is strictly for educational purposes and for the benefit of forum relations.

Scottie

Re: June-uary - 01/05/07 10:15 AM

Ya know you'd figure with me living RIGHT next to the beach (the closest one is 10 minutes away) that I'd have pics like that but I don't. Sorry! Not only that but I have no idea how to add pictures to my posts or I would. Sorry guys!
Posted by: Crash

Re: June-uary - 01/05/07 10:31 AM

This weather is a bit scary. More people are finally talking about global warming and such.
Posted by: Zombie Zero

Re: June-uary - 01/05/07 10:37 AM

In the mid-Atlantic region, we get a winter like this every 10-12 years. It's just a natural weather pattern. Been like that since forever.

I for one am loving it.
Posted by: crablord

Re: June-uary - 01/05/07 10:56 AM

Over here its at a constant 40. Hot as
Posted by: celest

Re: June-uary - 01/05/07 11:08 AM

You mean 40deg Fahrenheit or 40deg Celsius? It's always 28-32 deg Celsius here, all year round.

Celest

Re: June-uary - 01/05/07 11:15 AM

i dont know.. which ever one is hotter lol
Posted by: JoelM

Re: June-uary - 01/05/07 11:44 AM

What grade are you in?

Re: June-uary - 01/05/07 08:56 PM

well I would be in 11 if I hadnt left

Re: June-uary - 01/06/07 08:11 AM

It's just after 8:00AM, and it's 60F+ already.

Re: June-uary - 01/06/07 08:35 AM

same here....and raining. I can't remember it ever raining in January. we've had NO accumulation of snow this winter yet...I can't remember that ever happening either.

usually, Massachusetts gets snow in November and lasts well into March sometimes April.

weird.
Posted by: pianoperson

Re: June-uary - 01/06/07 08:40 AM

did you guys hear that an ice shelf the size of 10,000 football fields recently fell off the canadian arctic? and here in chicago it's been way too friggin warm for many weeks now. i've never experienced such long warm spell this time of year, not even close, and that's going back to the 1970s.
Posted by: JKogas

Re: June-uary - 01/06/07 09:05 AM

We used to have snow a couple of times a year in North Carolina. Appears as if that is history. Something I can tell my grandkids about.

I remember everyone talking about this LAST year at this time. Then it was more of a surprise in a sense. Even though we had seen this coming since the late 90's, this is still an amazing thing. Now when I see folks talk about it, they have a kind-of weird look on their faces like, what's next?!

This is very strange weather and folks are waiting to see the trees blossoming during the middle of winter. We've had tornadoes here yesterday. Who knows what is going on.

-John
Posted by: pianoperson

Re: June-uary - 01/06/07 09:13 AM

yeah, i think everyone around here has that "what's next" look on their faces too. things started to get weird a few years ago when flowers tree blossoms that normally bloomed in april or may were blooming in early february. we've had one snow this winter. i keep telling my students about winter in the 1970's in chicago, when there was snow on the ground at least half of the time, and sledding and freezing finger-tips were a major part of our lives.

Re: June-uary - 01/06/07 09:18 AM

I still can't get used to saying "Hot enough for ya?" in January.

Re: June-uary - 01/06/07 01:32 PM

I draw the line at having to mow the lawn on Valentine's day....the yard lawn, that is. lol
Posted by: tkd_high_green

Re: June-uary - 01/06/07 02:13 PM

Whether its global warming or some sort of weather cycle, I don't know, but I can't say I don't mind the warmer weather. Its been nice to be able to go horseback riding without having to have all that winter clothing on. Although I wish it would stop raining so much. Its knee deep mud around here.

Laura
Posted by: Mr_Heretik

Re: June-uary - 01/06/07 02:34 PM

Its 73 degrees farenheit here.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: June-uary - 01/06/07 02:43 PM

It is sunny and beautiful out right now at -6C (21F). I dread when we get back to -25C or colder (-13F)