The Unsolicited Opinion thread

Posted by: MattJ

The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/14/06 12:25 PM

Because you meant to ask.......

Lean Pockets chicken parmigian. 280 calories per serving. God they're awful. Bleh.
Posted by: crablord

Re: The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/14/06 12:28 PM

Wheatgrass shots. @#$%^!!!!
Posted by: Zombie Zero

Re: The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/14/06 12:52 PM

Chicken Salad on toasted rye,
Salt 'n Vinegar Kettle Chips,
Sprite Zero.
Posted by: TimBlack

Re: The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/14/06 02:42 PM

SHUT UP AND SQUAT!!!

(works for all occasions)

Re: The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/14/06 02:53 PM

I hate "lite" jazz, too.
Posted by: Cord

Re: The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/14/06 03:42 PM

Pizza Hut only do stuffed crusts in large. Why are those who wish to eat a smaller pizza deprived the joy of stuffed crust? Ridiculous.
Posted by: Zombie Zero

Re: The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/14/06 03:47 PM

Don't get me started on Pizza Hut. For the last million years, they've had a special where you could get a three-topping large for $10. Same pizza now runs $22.
Posted by: harlan

Re: The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/14/06 03:47 PM

Cragganmore is better than Oban.
Posted by: Saisho

Re: The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/14/06 04:12 PM

If a registered nurse gets a doctorate degree, what do you call him/her in the hospital, Dr. Nurse?
Posted by: Dereck

Re: The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/14/06 04:18 PM

My sister works for one of the City Library Departments and they are considered Engineers. When Engineers get raises for the City so do the Librarians. Starting wage was $38,000 CAD and the head Librarian for the City makes over $100,000 CAD.

Starting wage for Tim Horton's, MacDonalds, A&W, etc. in booming Northern Alberta starts at $10.00 CAD per hour and as high as $15/hour in Fort McMurray.

Re: The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/14/06 06:41 PM

I always find the concept of medical professionals 'practicing' medicine a bit worrying. Why do none of them do it for real?
Posted by: Reiki

Re: The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/14/06 10:50 PM

Quote:

I always find the concept of medical professionals 'practicing' medicine a bit worrying. Why do none of them do it for real?

LOL I wonder about that too.

I'd rather use my vet, mine make housecalls to the horses and you don't get doctors doing that for their patients these days!

***I just got my vet bill this afternoon!***

$460 for 9 lots of pregnancy scans for my mare that was carrying twins, numerous drugs and an AI.

Doesn't sound as bad or as expensive if you say it quickly.

Thankfully she is only carrying one now and we didnt have to get rid of the other one.
Posted by: Saisho

Re: The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/14/06 11:19 PM

Quote:

Thankfully she is only carrying one now and we didnt have to get rid of the other one

I may not know a lot about horses, but where did the other one go? She isn't carrying it, but you didn't get rid of it.
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/15/06 12:02 AM

Unsolicited opinions are an excellent opportunity to be ignored.
Posted by: ThomsonsPier

Re: The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/15/06 06:13 AM

Does the existence of this thread count as solicitation?
Posted by: harlan

Re: The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/15/06 08:33 AM

I think this is funny.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061214/ap_on_re_eu/belgium_independence_hoax

(Pssstt...been done before...Orson Welles 'War of the Worlds' broadcast 10/30/1938 )
Posted by: Taison

Re: The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/15/06 10:11 AM

Kids, all of them. Annoying annoying.

Healthy diet. Bleh.

-Taison out
Posted by: RazorFoot

Re: The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/15/06 10:15 AM

Loading screens for game systems suck! I don't want to know you are loading, I want to f-ing play my game!

For a truly repressive society, the Japanese make some truly explicit anime.

Scottie

Re: The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/15/06 10:30 AM

The new ProQuest electronics parts catalogue they installed at my work truly blows. Much worse than the previous version.
Posted by: RazorFoot

Re: The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/15/06 06:01 PM

High speed dial up.....isn't!
Posted by: clmibb

Re: The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/15/06 10:18 PM

I hate it when people find out I'm from Texas and they automatically assume I ride a horse around town and am a rancher or that I know something about cattle. Some people were actually amazed when I told them I drive a car and a pretty new one at that. Oh and while I'm at it, I don't wear a cowboy hat either and I don't wear cowboy boots.

I went to Pennsylvania last summer to visit a friend of mine and to go to a national tournament and test. We went ot the grocery store and I was talking to my friend about how expensive everything was there compared to Texas. One woman asked where I was from and I told her south Texas. She looked me over and said, "Are you a cowgirl?" "No." "Oh I'm sorry, I thought everyone from Texas was a cowboy." "Hmmm funny, I thought everyone from Pennsylvania was Amish." She just walked away and didn't say another word.

Casey
Posted by: ButterflyPalm

Re: The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/15/06 10:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

LOL I wonder about that too

When in medical school they studied the theories of medicine; after graduation, they 'practice' those theories.

Why do dogs wag their tails when 'happy?'

Re: The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/17/06 05:46 AM

Quote:

I hate it when people find out I'm from Texas and they automatically assume I ride a horse around town and am a rancher or that I know something about cattle.

Yee Haw

Re: The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/17/06 11:32 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I hate it when people find out I'm from Texas and they automatically assume I ride a horse around town and am a rancher or that I know something about cattle.

Yee Haw

And no Crablord I don't say "howdy" or "yee haw" but I do say "over yonder" and "y'all" makes my husband's family laugh everytime (they're from Illinios). There's something else I say that makes them laugh but I can't think of it right now.

Casey
Posted by: ButterflyPalm

Re: The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/17/06 10:07 PM

Quote:

There's something else I say that makes them laugh but I can't think of it right now. Casey

Could it be -- 'How's the pot roast?'
Posted by: Taison

Re: The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/17/06 10:51 PM

When people see my dark brown/crimson hair, they think I dyed it. WTF?? Never heard of recessive genes in Asians before? You should be happy I don't have blue eyes that would be weird.

TKD. As soon as people know I got a black belt in Jujutsu they ask me "why don't you compete in the olympics?" "My daughter got 1st place Poomse in the All-Thailand." "How come you can't do high kicks or flying spin kicks?" OMFG! Since when was Jujutsu = TKD ????

-Taison out

Re: The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/18/06 11:36 AM

Quote:

Quote:

There's something else I say that makes them laugh but I can't think of it right now. Casey

Could it be -- 'How's the pot roast?'

No no no I don't eat that crap.

Re: The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/21/06 02:37 PM

I just ate a cookie that was so sweet, it made my ears hurt, and my eyes vibrate. No joke. I think the main ingredients were sugar and jet fuel.

Re: The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/22/06 12:18 PM

Microwave-able grilled sandwiches ROCK!

Re: The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/22/06 12:40 PM

Domino's 'Meltdown' level 3 (max hot) with extra spicy meatballs and chilli-cheese on a double-decadence base is simply the greatest pizza ever invented.

Re: The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/22/06 12:47 PM

Quote:

Domino's 'Meltdown' level 3 (max hot) with extra spicy meatballs and chilli-cheese on a double-decadence base is simply the greatest pizza ever invented.

OH. MY. GOD. That sounds SOOOO good!

Re: The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/22/06 01:06 PM

Its tomatoe sauce, Chilli-monterey jack cheese, green chilli's, red chillis, spicey meatballs, dried chilli sprinkles and hot american mustard sauce on top.
The base is essentialy 2 thin and crispy bases with a garlic, herb and cheese sauce sandwiched between them and then they are fused around the edge to make one base.

Words are really inadequate for such a creation

Re: The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/24/06 02:04 AM

Quote:

Cord - Security guard, film and food critic
Posted by: Ted_Karate

Re: The Unsolicited Opinion thread - 12/28/06 04:36 PM

I love how over many thousands of years of being the dominant species on the earth, and progressing enormously technologically man still laughs at someone getting hit in the balls. Ultimate proof that the simple pleasures are the best!