Stupid questions

Posted by: Zombie Zero

Stupid questions - 11/06/06 09:45 AM

It's November, and I work in a government building, so naturally, the air conditioning is still running at full capacity.

At my desk, I have a space heater running full blast, I'm wearing a sweatshirt, a leather jacket, and I have a fleece blanket wrapped around me.

Everyone who comes through my office asks the same question:

"Are you cold?"

No, actually, I'm not. I was cold, but then I turned a space heater on full blast, put on a sweatshirt and leather jacket, and wrapped a fleece blanket around myself. Nice and toasty, now. You dolt.

I'm cognizant of the fact that I'm a touch cranky this morning, (thanks to the sudden realization that I'm the latest victim of a cold that has been passed around the office lately) so I'm doing my best not to return any smart-ass answers.

Then someone sees me take some medicine, and asks...

wait for it....

"Are you sick?"

I'm going home.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Stupid questions - 11/06/06 01:19 PM

Welcome to my world. The air conditioning unit is going as we speak and underneath my desk has been so cold that my feet are frozen. Outside is is -7 degrees Celcius (19F) which isn't too bad but why do you think we need the air conditioning on ... how about some heat. Last week it was -16C (3F) and I had to wear my coat to keep warm. Everybody in my area is cold so "shut" the stupid thing off already.
Posted by: UofM Shorin Ryu

Re: Stupid questions - 11/06/06 04:54 PM

Quote:

I'm going home.

..........Why are you goin home?
Posted by: clmibb

Re: Stupid questions - 11/06/06 11:15 PM

Derek if it makes you feel any better I had my AC running today also only because the high today was 83F. Are little space heaters allowed where you work? If so get one for your office and shut the door. Start drinking Bahama Mamas and play beach sounds. It'll atleast remind you of warmer days.

Casey
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Stupid questions - 11/07/06 01:08 AM

I work in a cubicle and I'm not sure if they'd allow a space heater or not. As soon as the air condition is turned off it should be okay. It is like they were waiting for -30C (-22F) or something ... which will be soon enough unfortunately.

83F or 28C ... I'm envious. That is beautiful outside, your are so lucky. I'd for sure be playing beach sounds and drinking some fancy drink with an umbrella if I had that kind of weather.
Posted by: clmibb

Re: Stupid questions - 11/07/06 09:15 AM

Sorry Derek today won't be as nice. We had a "cold front" blow through last night so the high is only going to be 75F (I can't convert F to C sorry). But on the flip side I'm sure y'alls summers aren't near as bad as ours (it typically gets to 105F in August with the humidity at 95%).

Casey