Deepest possible doo-doo

Posted by: MattJ

Deepest possible doo-doo - 11/05/06 11:04 PM

I lost my wedding ring somehow.

I already told the wife, and she is taking it surprisingly well. We have torn the house apart looking for it. I have no friggin idea where it might be. Pray for me that I find it.
Posted by: BrianS

Re: Deepest possible doo-doo - 11/05/06 11:53 PM

You must commit seppuku at once!!!

Don't worry,it'll pop up. Until then have fun sleeping on the couch.
Posted by: eyrie

Re: Deepest possible doo-doo - 11/06/06 12:00 AM

It's normally where you last left it... and the last place you'll think of looking in...
Posted by: crablord

Re: Deepest possible doo-doo - 11/06/06 06:12 AM

dude...that must suck - hope it turns up
Posted by: Cord

Re: Deepest possible doo-doo - 11/06/06 06:28 AM

As long as the love it represents is not lost, the jewelry that represents it is of little consequence or value in comparison.

(this is both the truth, and a great thing to throw into a conversation with the wife when explaining that you lost your wedding ring )

Whatever happens, do not joke that 'you must have given it to the dancer at SpearmintRhino as a tip'
Posted by: harlan

Re: Deepest possible doo-doo - 11/06/06 07:59 AM

Well...maybe it's just my luck...but after I lost my (first) fiance's $4000 diamond engagement ring (it was his mother's ring, no less)...the relationship crashed and burned.

If you survived the Valentine's Day Massacre ...you've got nothing to worry about. Must be 'true love'.
Posted by: gojuwarrior1

Re: Deepest possible doo-doo - 11/06/06 08:09 AM

That reminds me of a story.

About 3 years ago i "lost" my ring then went down to the jewelry store to get a identical one. Thought i got an exact copy ,my wife saw diffrent. I had a wide wedding ring the one i bought was a little thinner and she noticed!
Women are not human! Good luck matty
Posted by: Ronin1966

Re: Deepest possible doo-doo - 11/06/06 08:18 AM

Hello Matt:

I would be on a plane this morning, to help search with you were I able my friend... ugggh. Any who are married understand this necessity... you think they search hard for missing children.... loosing THE ring Heck ~mortal enemies~ and abject strangers would join the search teams!

Tolkein's "Lord of the Ring" was only a glimpse of your ring's "true power" 1) I propose one of the rock climbing TWISTING clip thingys to prevent this potential misery in the future?! 2) Interrogate the cat, until it breaks down and tells where it hid ~the precious~? Lastly consider getting a back-up but do NOT tell her your life (and parts) may well depend upon it...

Never ever take it off e-v-e-r! Good luck brother, hope your couch is comfortable... Profound sadness (FOR your situation)...

Wishing you all possible sunshine to reveal your "precious",
Jeff
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Deepest possible doo-doo - 11/06/06 09:14 AM

Best of luck in finding your ring Matt.

After we were married I lost my ring taking the mail to the post office for work. It slipped off of my finger into the snow somehwere and I couldn't find it. As it was getting dark I headed home and my brother and I grabbed shovels and a flood light and went and looked for hours and no luck. That was late October and I figured it for lost. Then in the Spring around I believe April when taking the mail to the post office again for work, was my duty every weekday, I happened to look down in gutter by the curb where I parked and low and behold there it was, 6 months later. I could not believe my eyes. I don't wear it and haven't worn it since that day but we still have it thankfully.

Again I wish you the best in finding it.

Re: Deepest possible doo-doo - 11/06/06 10:30 AM

SUCCESS!!!!!!!! I found it!

It was in my jujitsu bag, of all places. I never wear my ring to class, and I must have realized I had it with me and taken it off there, putting in my pants pocket. Probably fell out of my pocket onto the bottom of the bag, and I didn't realize it. I am not a big wearer of jewelry in any case.

I think I aged 10 years in one day.

*krazy glues ring to finger*
Posted by: harlan

Re: Deepest possible doo-doo - 11/06/06 10:35 AM

Yeah!

I think this happens a lot to folks who take their rings off for work or class. There is no 'safe' place to put it. Personally, I'd lost my wedding ring several times, and finally started putting it on my key ring while I worked. I thought this was fail safe...then a customer stole my keys.
Posted by: clmibb

Re: Deepest possible doo-doo - 11/06/06 11:30 AM

I lost both my engagement ring and wedding ring to the bottomless abyss of my TKD bag. I dumped everything out, shook the bag, unzipped all the pockets and looked all over the floor where my bag was. No luck. Had to go home and tell my hubby He took it pretty good and told me that he lost his ring too. His was a little different though. He works off shore on the rigs and took his ring off for work. They had to evacuate when Katrina blew through and she wiped that rig away with the ring still on it. So now his ring is on the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico somewhere. Someday we'll replace them. Glad to hear that you found your ring!

Casey
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Deepest possible doo-doo - 11/06/06 01:24 PM

I knew it would show up.

Re: Deepest possible doo-doo - 11/06/06 05:01 PM

And I was right, no? LOL!

Glad you found it bro...
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: Deepest possible doo-doo - 11/06/06 06:35 PM

bah...you found it too quick. if you had lost it for a week, then you really would have learned something.
Posted by: JKogas

Re: Deepest possible doo-doo - 11/06/06 06:39 PM

I lost mine years ago during my FIRST marriage. It was a nice one too that we had custom made. I honestly believe that it was stolen.

So I considered what to do about the situation and did the best thing possible given the circumstances -- I got a divorce.

-John

Re: Deepest possible doo-doo - 11/06/06 08:31 PM

John, that was mildly humorous, and yet somehow melancholy at the same time.

But I guess you gotta look back and laugh at the irony don't cha?

Re: Deepest possible doo-doo - 11/06/06 08:39 PM

Quote:

bah...you found it too quick. if you had lost it for a week, then you really would have learned something.

Married since 2002. First time I have EVER lost my ring. I don't want to learn what the couch feels like to sleep on, LOL.
Posted by: JKogas

Re: Deepest possible doo-doo - 11/06/06 09:04 PM

Quote:

John, that was mildly humorous, and yet somehow melancholy at the same time.

And THAT my friend, is the story of my life.

Quote:

But I guess you gotta look back and laugh at the irony don't cha?

Laughing sure beats crying is all I can say.

I'm moving onto my second marriage in about 6 months. I've spaced them apart (10 years) and I'm ready to do it again. This time's for keeps.

It's all good.

"There is nothing either bad nor good, but thinking makes it so"...

-John

Re: Deepest possible doo-doo - 11/06/06 10:41 PM

Quote:

This time's for keeps.

It's all good.

"There is nothing either bad nor good, but thinking makes it so"...

Well, there are few certainties in life (death and taxes - one you may be reduce your liability for, and the other you can't avoid altogether).

The rest are impermanant, temporal and fleeting. With that, enjoy the Now, while it lasts....