Highlander

Posted by: Stormdragon

Highlander - 11/01/06 12:30 PM

Any fans of the show/movies Highlander?
Also, does anyone know where one can get the series really cheap?
Posted by: jamesjj

Re: Highlander - 11/01/06 12:37 PM

Yes i'm a fan but i don't know where you could get it cheap...
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Highlander - 11/01/06 01:44 PM

Big fan. I preferred the TV series with Adrian Paul more then I did the movies with Christopher Lambert. The movies got too weird with magic and future and all of that stuff. The original was good but after that I think it went all downhill. Thankfully the TV series came along and continued more from where the 1st movie was and gave a better idea of living over time and adapting to each age. I can't get into the Raven Highlander series so don't watch it.
Posted by: RazorFoot

Re: Highlander - 11/01/06 02:21 PM

I really enjoyed the TV show and unlike Dereck, I did like the Raven series. She wasn't trying to be the only one, just survive. I thought that was a cool twist.

Most of the series and other DVD's I get cheap, I get from Amazon.com. I check their price and then they have a "used/new" option you can click on that lists other distributors of the same DVD's but some have much better prices, especially if you get used/like new stuff. Dont forget to check the distributors rating that they list. I go with ones that have ratings of 95% or better for delivery satisfaction.

Good luck,

Scottie

Re: Highlander - 11/01/06 03:26 PM

Yeah the first movie was great, and the second was horrible, for the most part, the series with Adriene paul, was great and I love it, and endgame was pretty excellent in my opinion. I heard they're making another, is that true? Raven never interested me much.
Posted by: Prizewriter

Re: Highlander - 11/01/06 03:53 PM

Quote:

I heard they're making another, is that true? Raven never interested me much.

Allegedly. The producer of Endgame stated that he had lined up finance for another movie, and that the Adiran Paul has agreed to be in it. It is called "Highlander: The Source"

Not to dampen anyone's enthusiasm, but there is talk of it going straight to video/DVD.

Here's a little more about it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0299981/
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: Highlander - 11/01/06 07:45 PM

Torrent site mininova has links to several seasons, if you don't mind downloading material you have not paid for

Only good thing about Raven was Amanda(Elizabeth Gracen)-she is hot. It's not enough to sustain a show, but there it is.

Re: Highlander - 11/02/06 11:48 AM

Oh well I just may do that. Can oyu download it and put it on a disc?
Posted by: Cord

Re: Highlander - 11/02/06 02:32 PM

Quote:

I can't get into the Raven Highlander series so don't watch it.

Never had this over in the UK. only 'Raven' we have is like an MA 'Magnum' with the hero being helped by a rather portly looking, old Lee Majors. It is strangely good as it keeps the traditions set by Knight Rider, the A-Team and all those other 80's greats alive and (high)kicking

As for Highlander- The first movie is a genuine grade A classic. Number 2 I do not even consider part of the series- it is to film what a backstreet abortion is to surgery. 3rd one was a largely redundant re-hash of 1, and also exposed a terrible error- how could connor of got the prize with a bunch of immortals safely alive but trapped in cave? 'There can be only one- apart from the ones in the ruin- they dont count' is not as catchy a tag line for the poster is it?
4 was OK- the best since 1, but suffered from now ageing immortals (Lambert and Paul are both pushing on a bit), and a less than Blockbuster budget.

I quite liked the TV show, but it did annoy me a bit- Duncan was always giving Ritchie a hard time for fighting immortals, then promptly turning around and killing a few himself. hypocrite.

IMDB lists 'Highlander: The Source' as a completed project ready for a 2007 release. Set in an apocalyptic future, Duncan teams up with a band of immortals to find 'the grail of their world' and the source of their immortality.

Like the latest JCVD and Segal movies it has been filmed entirely in eastern europe on a budget only slightly smaller than what I spent on beer for halloween.

i am not convinced, but I will probably watch it

Re: Highlander - 11/02/06 03:46 PM

Raven is about Duncan MacLeod's friend Amanda and following her around. While I did not mind her as a part-time re-accuring character in the Highlander TV Series, I just did not find her a strong enough character to pull off her own TV show. This show ran from 1998-1999 so obviously others did not think as well. A smaller budget taped mainly in Canada and France that did not have as good as plot lines like Duncan MacLeod had ... or at least in my opinion. To be honest this show did not even air in Canada so never seen it till the last 3 months when I got digital cable and was able to see reruns. Thought I might be able to get into it but not.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0144714/
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: Highlander - 11/02/06 09:34 PM

Yes, if you have any clue about computers you can burn it to a disc.
You could even make it a viewable dvd(as in regular dvd player).

Re: Highlander - 11/03/06 09:35 PM

What's you guys and gals' favorite seasons/episodes and why?
And didn't y'all hate it when Richie got his head taken by accident? that guy was cool. In a far figth how do oyu think richie would have done against macleod at the end when he was finally tough and experienced?

Re: Highlander - 11/04/06 02:31 AM

My favorite episodes were with the 4 Horsemen. A neat concept that these were immortals with one of them being MacLeod's friend Methos. I also enjoyed the one where he wakes up on a beach in Japan (or some Asian country) and they show where he got one of his swords and how he learned to better use the sword. There are too many to list but these stand out.

As for Ritchie, I liked the kid but he would have been no match for Duncan. Duncan is "the one" and has survived them all. Wicked concept of killing Ritchie off and it worked and this is when Duncan cut his hair short giving himself a new look. Wish the show was still on the air ... heck I'd even watch some reruns but have yet to see any.

Re: Highlander - 11/04/06 03:35 AM

reruns are off to, hence why you need to by the seasons. all the episodes with the four horsemen and methos were my favorites, also they also serve, and the samurai, that you mentioned. great episodes. after macleod tried to kill richie the first time rich went off and started hunting and got real tough asnddskileld and maybe would have given macleod a figth but still not much of one.
Posted by: jc4199

Re: Highlander - 11/05/06 12:13 AM

Loved the shows and moives.

I have the (fake) swords in my den

Re: Highlander - 11/06/06 10:54 AM

What are your favorite characters?