random fight situation!

Posted by: alphawolf

random fight situation! - 09/22/06 08:43 PM

you vs world's strongest man ( dont know who it is right now, jesse marunde is #2). Since we have established that it would take a substanstial amount of strength to overcome perfect technique, what would happen in this situation.
Posted by: Steel91

Re: random fight situation! - 09/22/06 09:24 PM

Plain and simple, kick him in his balls, when he either bends over or goes to his knees, wear out his head with punches.
Posted by: Cord

Re: random fight situation! - 09/22/06 11:05 PM

Quote:

you vs world's strongest man ( dont know who it is right now, jesse marunde is #2). Since we have established that it would take a substanstial amount of strength to overcome perfect technique, what would happen in this situation.

Marius Pudzianowski is world strongest man at the moment. Polish, ex convict, and national level boxing champ. Runs the 100m in under 11 seconds and can lift a house. Also a black belt in shotokan karate.

Analysis: Chances are with that much speed and power; and with fighting skills on top, you are on to a painful loss on this one. Trouble is you couldnt outrun him either. I would say crawl under a parked car to get away from him, but he would just pick it up and drag you out.

Verdict: do not upset him in the first place, and you will be fine- he always comes across as a very nice guy when interviewed.

Re: random fight situation! - 09/22/06 11:11 PM

Quote:

Plain and simple, kick him in his balls, when he either bends over or goes to his knees, wear out his head with punches.

Ah yes the 100% effective 'kick to the nuts' strategy. That reminds me, I havent posted on the 'annoying MA myths' thread yet
Posted by: Stormdragon

Re: random fight situation! - 09/23/06 02:59 PM

I'd climb a tree...and laugh at him
Posted by: wristtwister

Re: random fight situation! - 09/23/06 03:47 PM

Steel,
if that's the only technique you have for defeating strength, you're in a heap of trouble. Without any thought, almost any martial artist can protect their family jewels by just using a good sanchin stance, so you better have more than that in your bag of tricks.

In rape prevention seminars, I teach multiple different ways to eliminate strength and "soft points" to hit that work like a charm to disabling somebody, regardless of their size and strength.

Sounds like you need "lots" of training...

Posted by: Steel91

Re: random fight situation! - 09/24/06 12:23 PM

Dude, I was trying to be funny man c'mon. I know to use pressure points, Tai Sabaki (side stepping), stuff like that. You can knock anyone out if you hit in the right place with the right anount of pressure, like the throat, adams apple, pressure point behind the ear, jaw, temple, whatever. And I checked out his home page and it doesn't say anything about martial arts practice in his training sessions so he must have dicontinued it after he earned his blackbelt. And you know the old saying, martial arts is like hot water, if not kept hot, it wil go cold. But yea he could probly still kick our asses.
Posted by: crablord

Re: random fight situation! - 09/25/06 11:34 AM

why did the chicken cross the road?

Re: random fight situation! - 09/25/06 11:45 AM

Quote:

And I checked out his home page and it doesn't say anything about martial arts practice in his training sessions so he must have dicontinued it after he earned his blackbelt.

2005 televised interview during IFSA strongman tournament asked his training regime. He detailed it as an AM/PM 5 day split. AM was always weight training, PM was strongman event drills or Karate, alternating throughout the week.
Probably not mentioned on the site because it is a hobby, and not what the majority of his fans are interested in him for, either that, or he has recently dropped the training in favour of extra focus on his primary sport.
Posted by: RazorFoot

Re: random fight situation! - 09/25/06 11:45 AM

Quote:

why did the chicken cross the road?

To get away from Marius Pudzianowski! And the chicken would be right behind me. Unless I had a crowbar or something similar, retreating to safer ground has to be the option here.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know when you are outmatched so barring a completely unavoidable situation, I think I would decline the confrontation.

Scottie
Posted by: crablord

Re: random fight situation! - 09/25/06 11:58 AM

lol... i was gonna say to get to the other side...but thats just me
Posted by: aikiuke

Re: random fight situation! - 10/01/06 07:07 PM

jab thumbs in eye sockets, pull out eyeballs... slap them together...

hehe... j/k
Posted by: Spade

Re: random fight situation! - 10/06/06 01:26 AM

Try to take out a knee
Posted by: Chen Zen

Re: random fight situation! - 10/06/06 03:22 AM

Marius. Ive watched him work. Very powerful.
In a situation like this, sometimes there is no proper "technique" but there are ways to win. First I would attack his mobility. Primarily his knees.He has to hold up a lot of weight. And if he is faster than me then I must secure a chance to escape. But it isnt limited to just his knees. Im going to attack every joint that I have an opportunity to. I want structural damage and I want to take away his will to fight.

Secondly I watch my enviroment.Work my angles and try to get him tripped up, or perhaps catch him off balance. Establish distance and maintain it while constantly reigning jabs. Lots of them. Look for weapons/escape routes. Maybe throw something at him or dirt in his eyes. Get him frustrated. Maybe encite a roid rage. I dont know if he does them, but Im sure alot of those type of guys do. Regardless, if he is frustrated he can be outsmarted.

Attack the soft tissues. There are a few nerve strikes that could work, but the guy is a walking mountain and so penetration might not be possible in all situations. However, no matter how much he trains he has soft areas, such as the eyes or throat. Base of the skull. And yes in the groin also. Maybe.

Things you should not do. Do not find yourself trading blows. In a power versus power situation, you lose. Do not find yourself grabbed. Why would you grapple the strongest guy in the world? To say its risky would be the understatement of the year. Dont run in a straight line. If you have to run, which I hate, but if you have to run make him work for it. Hit the fences, or alleys. Run like a deer. Back and forth always changing direction.