''I am NO a control freak!'

Posted by: Landus

''I am NO a control freak!' - 09/10/06 03:01 PM

On the way back from holiay I was reading an article about control freaks. In the article it says that in general, control freaks check their emails for spelling mistakes, comment on how others arrange their furniture and even take over from a 5 year old building a lego castle.

I hate the fact I sometimes correct people, the need to finish their sentences, check my posts for spellings and make sure it's all nice and tidy. well screw it

from now on im gonna let myself make a few mistakes! what harm is in it

Apparently by letting yourself have a few errors you can decrease how much of a control freak you are. For some people control is essential and can lead to misery, bitterniss and other bad stuff.

Here's a basic test taken from the article, I'm curious as to what all your results are. I think i'm somewhere all over the place so lets just say i'm a balanced to moderate control freak.

1. You're in a car, being driven by someone. Do you:
a) sit back and enjoy the ride?
b) feel the urge to brake sometimes?
c) tell them to pull over and give you the wheel?

2. Your child/friend is building a house with lego bricks. Do you:
a) let him or her get on with it?
b) offer the odd constructive comment?
c) take over and teach him how to build the darn thing?

3. You're sending an email. Do you:
a) fire and forget?
b) reading it through once to check it makes sense?
c) spell-check it, grammar-check it and re-jog it several times before sending?

a) your partner offers to help with cleaning. do you:
a) say, 'fantastic' and relax with a book?
b) check they're okay halfway through and offer to help if necessary?
c) stand over them every step of the way, then grav the hoover to make sure the corners get done properly?

MOSTLY A'S: you're a laid-back creature without a hint of controlling behaviour. but make sure you don't becoem a doormat. stand up for your opinions.

MOSTLY B'S: you're pretty balanced. you like a certain amount of control but don't let it take over. keep on this track and you won't go far wrong.

MOSTLY C'S: Ouch. You make Bree look like a slob. this kind of behaviour can hurt your relationships and your health.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: ''I am NO a control freak!' - 09/10/06 03:13 PM

Inconclusive. I got all B's but I know that I am a borderline control freak. Everything has its place and should be neat and tidy. Everybody should be working and it drives me nuts when they aren't. Things are suppose to be done a certain way and it drives me flipping nuts when it isn't and sometimes I will even have to redo it. I've gotten more relaxed as I've gotten older and shrug my shoulders and figure what the hell ... but it eats me a bit still.
Posted by: TimBlack

Re: ''I am NO a control freak!' - 09/11/06 02:51 PM

*cough* shouldn't it be "*NOT* a control freak!" ... or was that a cunning trap designed to trap the closet control freak? I'm so confused!
Posted by: MattJ

Re: ''I am NO a control freak!' - 09/11/06 03:32 PM

All B's for me as well. Like Dereck though, I know I am closer to a control freak than not.
Posted by: RazorFoot

Re: ''I am NO a control freak!' - 09/11/06 03:44 PM

Some A's and some B's. Do what you want. If I dont like it, I can fix it later. No worries dude.
Posted by: Mr_Heretik

Re: ''I am NO a control freak!' - 09/11/06 10:53 PM

1: A)
2: A)
3: C)
4: B)

I don't really consider myself a control freak....
Posted by: BrianS

Re: ''I am NO a control freak!' - 09/12/06 08:06 AM

I'm not a control freak. I just freak out when I don't have control. _
Posted by: QuietGal

Re: ''I am NO a control freak!' - 09/12/06 04:28 PM

Not very conclusive/accurate. I came up with Bs. I know I'm a massive control freak and have to fight it everyday...complete with mild OCD characteristics. My poor husband (but he's one too so we have a clean house and my sock drawer is always straight).
Posted by: Landus

Re: ''I am NO a control freak!' - 09/13/06 01:23 PM

Lol, some interesting responces. I guess I have mild OCD habbits as well, I wash my hands a lot. I wouldn't call it a trap Tim but it wad intentional, you super-dooper control freak