The NEW Ranting and raving thread

Posted by: Stormdragon

The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 09/02/06 03:51 PM

Ok guys, let's not get htis one closed. That means no religious or political debate. Ok, I'm sick of not getting my way. Ok that was very sophmoric but oh well.
Posted by: harlan

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 09/02/06 05:16 PM

I read somewhere that 'to be human is to be political'.

Ever notice that every time you wash your car, or hang up laundry outside...that it rains? I want a dryer.
Posted by: Karateka13

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 09/02/06 06:57 PM

I hate that whenever I promise myself to sleep early, I end up getting carried away looking at stuff on the 'Net and end up sleeping at four in the morning.
Posted by: Mr_Heretik

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 09/02/06 09:10 PM

It never fails. On the bright side, I normally sleep for about 3 hours at a time anyway.
Posted by: Christie

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 09/03/06 03:03 AM

Ignorance is bliss. Sometimes I wish I could be less cognizant and more ignorant.
Posted by: RazorFoot

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 09/06/06 07:13 AM

It never fails. Find a job that pays you a little more money and new and unexpected things will happen to take that little bit of money from you.

And why is it that when you finally find a little bit of happiness, people want to mess with you like they don't want to see anyone else be happy while they are miserable?

Thanks, Im done.
Posted by: BrianS

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 09/06/06 12:12 PM

That's about right Scottie! People refuse to look in the mirror sometimes and live with the mistakes they have made. It's much easier to make everyone around them miserable instead.

We should refuse to let them have any control over our happiness and the ones we love.

Another thing you are right about.When we get extra money,we soon find out it's not extra afterall.

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 09/06/06 12:16 PM

Why does everyhting go wrong when things start going right?
Posted by: UofM Shorin Ryu

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 09/06/06 01:08 PM

Quote:

Ignorance is bliss. Sometimes I wish I could be less cognizant and more ignorant.

This line should have a disclaimer. Because everytime I try to be ignorant on a subject, it turns out that "bliss" on the matter is the result of intelligence. And vice-versa.

For ex:

I don't know NOTHIN about no Martial arts, but I've got Roman history down like you wouldn't believe.....

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 09/06/06 05:14 PM

!!!!!d@@ #$#!@ #! @#^$%@!%$@!^!#@!%$@!%^ $@ !%@!!!!!!!!!@$ #%^#$@^ $#%&^@#$@ !# ^#!^@ !$@ !$#!% @!^! %@%$!^@*%(%^&*& #@$@ !$%!#& $@ ^@!$% !#@$&$#%^@!%! @&#$^@$@ ^*%^*)^&^#@$!^$@^*# %#@! $##@$^$#^*( )(%^^ #@^#%$* ^

WHY DO TEXTBOOKS HAVE TO COST SO DAMN MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$400, 3 courses. 3 courses left to buy for ... I should make it to the end of the semester if I each, oh I don't know, once every 3 days.

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 09/06/06 05:16 PM

That emoticon was not supposed to happen ... but I'm not editing it out.

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 09/08/06 02:51 PM

HAHA! Man, I was wondering why Flower Dude was there when it seemed very obvious you were cursing...it's okay about not editing him out though, he adds a certain je ne sais quoi...

My Rant of The Day: My cat just puked, like, three times in a row in three different places and I'm *really* NOT in the mood to clean it all up...
Posted by: Dereck

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 09/08/06 03:01 PM

Soak the cat down and rub out the stains with the cat ... that'll teach it and you will get some satisfaction.

Disclaimer: This is a joke

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 09/08/06 03:36 PM

Hahaha! Man, I'd love to do that...but he's got this really pitiful face...you just can't hurt him. Besides, if I were to do it (cruelty and jokes aside) he'd probably rip my hands to shreds with those razor blades most people refer to as claws.

Posted by: Landus

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 09/10/06 03:13 PM

RAAAAAAAAAR! GAAHAHHRRERHjkg[pawjkobw[OHIB! ioughpwuabhy[whu!

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 09/12/06 12:21 PM

Why are people who are clearly morons allowed to reproduce and why do they all, at one point in time or another, have to try to pi$$ me off?
Posted by: JoelM

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 09/12/06 12:25 PM

Why do people ask for tomorrow off when the work schedule has been up for 5-6 days and they were suppose to put schedule requests in a week ago?

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 09/12/06 12:28 PM

see question above yours!
Posted by: clmibb

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 09/12/06 09:26 PM

Why is it that as soon as you get one room of your house cleaned and you move on to the next, your toddler is in the room you just cleaned dragging everything out? Before you know it you have just spent all day cleaning and straightening two rooms and you really were hoping to get all the rooms done in the house. Your husband comes home and doesn't understand how you could be so tired and wants to know what you did all day because it looks like you didn't lift a finger.
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 09/12/06 09:37 PM

my complaint could probably be one of murphy's martial laws:

I can practice something at home flawlessly, yet when doing it in class, the technique turns to tofu.

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 09/15/06 10:17 PM

Why do my relationships always turn to tofu? Love sucks... being an emotional, hypersensitive teen sucks to for that matter!
Posted by: wristtwister

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 09/15/06 10:47 PM

Why can't people with cell phones shut up long enough to drive where they're going before jacking their jaws with drivel? Nothing they have to say can't wait until they get where they're going...

They drive all over the road trying to dial, search for numbers stored in them, and open them up to answer a call from some other muttonhead that's just as stupid and can't wait until they get where THEY're going to blather on...

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 09/16/06 12:52 PM

Why do the people in the apartment below me feel it necessary to play their music consistantley at levels high enough that I can distinctively tell word for word what is being sung, that it vibrates the entire house and drives me from my home when I need to do such things as sleep and study. It's absolutely ridiculous, they're in the apartment BELOW me, our floors are carpeted and the ceilings are like 10ft high.

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 09/17/06 04:30 AM

Christie, it is time to do some break falling techniques.

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 09/17/06 10:41 AM

Quote:

Christie, it is time to do some break falling techniques.

Sounds like fun!

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 09/17/06 08:23 PM

Quote:

Why do the people in the apartment below me feel it necessary to play their music consistantley at levels high enough that I can distinctively tell word for word what is being sung, that it vibrates the entire house and drives me from my home when I need to do such things as sleep and study. It's absolutely ridiculous, they're in the apartment BELOW me, our floors are carpeted and the ceilings are like 10ft high.

That's alright. Last year in the dorms the person next to me set their alarm to 5:00 am, but wasn't home to turn it off....

Seriously, who sets their alarm for 5 am and then ISN'T home when it goes off?!?! You could hear the damned thing through the WHOLE HALL, including the bathroom a god 50 ft away.....

So HIS alarm got me up at 5 in the morning (since dorm walls are paper-thin I could hear it QUITE well), and I had the pleasure of listening to that lovely alarm a few times a week.

Needless to say I taped a nasty letter to his door..... .

Eventually the problem was settled, and I didn't get up that early for the remainder of the year....

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 09/17/06 09:01 PM

Quote:

That's alright. Last year in the dorms the person next to me set their alarm to 5:00 am, but wasn't home to turn it off....

In first year when I was living in residence my friend had this alarm clock that sounded like the fire alarm. This alarm was so loud you could hear it throughout the entire house (three floors) and it wouldn't wake him up! His roommate would have to get out of bed to shut off the alarm and wake him up.

.. I've also left notes on the apartment door of the people downstairs only to have them returned with a "stop threatening us" written on it. Last I checked politely asking them to adjust the volume of their music as not to disturb the whole neighbourhood or face fines for nosie pollution wasn't a threat ... more like a promise. I want to have them fined just out of retaliation. It's getting ridiculous and I've put up with it for over a year.

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 11/03/06 10:52 AM

I bought two bags of Farely's mixed candy for Halloween (along with other candy bars). On the packaging outside it lists (top to bottom, right to left)
Smarties
Lolli pops
Now and later
Jaw breakers
SweeTarts
Superbubble

Now each bag contains 260 pieces and is a weight of 1.47kg.

You'd think there would be at least a partially good mix in there, wouldn't you?

WRONG!!!!

I bought the freaking bags becaues I like Smarties and SweeTarts, I figured I could save some for myself.

In two bags/520 pieces/2.94kg there were 8 packages of smarties and 5 packages of SweeTarts.

WHAT THE [censored]???!!!

I was/am so [censored] off. That's false advertising. I actually submitted a comment to the company's website complaining about it (yes, I'm bored).

But think about it, that's only 2.5% of the pieces in there, or 6.19% of the net weight.

What is this world coming to when a man can't even get a few sweet and tart pieces of candy like the packaging promises??

I ended my note to the company by saying "This candy has left a sour taste in my mouth."

Ok, I'm done now, I feel better.

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 11/03/06 11:15 AM

How can you candy you lazy fat bumb! lol jk Joel

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 11/03/06 11:24 AM

I'm not fat, I'm preparing for winter.

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 11/03/06 11:32 AM

Whatever oyu say Joel, if it makes oyu feel better...

Anyway I'm sick of my procrastination, I know get to have a low grade on a huge project for sports med. Gee this is neat!

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 11/03/06 12:37 PM

Good for you Joel and that is what their customer service department is for. My wife had a chocolate bar that did not taste well so she sent a nice note to them and they asked for her to send the wrapper and she did. She got back a gift certificate for $20.00 towards their products. I was never one for doing this myself but started to do this too. When we went to Cancun we upgraded to 1st class as our regular seats were not by each other. Sure enough in 1st class they weren't either so I complained to the Airline and low and behold I got a refund on the flight. I had purchased a Glider and after a few months it squeaked so I contacted them and instead of asking to send the one back they sent me another so now I have two. One of my weight benches I received had an indent on the rubber pads so I contacted them and low and behold they sent me "2" replacements pads.

You never know unless you try.

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 11/03/06 12:58 PM

My fiance did the same thing. She bought chapstick that was suppose to be vanilla flavored, it wasn't flavored. She emailed the company and they sent her coupons for 5 free sticks.

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 11/03/06 02:37 PM

that reminds me...ladies: stop leaving lipstick rings on coffee cups and travel mugs....it's gross. when I see it, I envision that same feeling I used to get as a kid when I was forced to accept a kiss from grandma or a big fat aunt. ...you know, the aunt which had a mole with a hair growing thru it near her top lip.

blech.

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 11/03/06 02:41 PM

Free Image Hosting

Come kiss your aunty, Eddie?

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 11/03/06 02:43 PM

I never wear lipstick. Does that mean I'm not a lady?

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 11/03/06 02:49 PM

Lipstick is fine and can show off a beautiful pair of lips however some women think they need 10 coats which is ridiculous.
Posted by: stormbringer

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 11/03/06 03:39 PM

Didn't lipstick used to be made of fish scales? Back to the sweetarts, why not just buy a bag of sweet tarts? that's what I do. There's only 1 calorie per pack.
I'm cranky because I only had one trick or treater show up at 9:30. I dressed up for it and everything (it was a week night and I had to be responsible for work and stuff). I had a whole bag of candy I didn't like (so I wouldn't eat it) so I took it to appease the geeks at the gaming store I play Warhammer at. And I couln't either.

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 11/03/06 09:36 PM

Harlan I'm not a big lipstick gal either more lipgloss on occation. I don't take long to get ready for dates with my hubby either. In fact he takes longer than me. I've statred calling him princess because of it. Oh and Joel, why didn't you just buy a bag of sweettarts and a bag of smarties if that's what you wanted? If you want more I can send you some of my kids' candy! I'm keeping all forms of chocolate though.

Casey
Posted by: Spade

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 11/03/06 11:27 PM

So this Halloween a guy I grew up with participated in a Halloween thing with his church where they went around and yelled nasty things at a fake Jesus and pretended crucify him. Their excuse was "Well, you know Halloween is about Satan and we wanted to remind people about what Jesus did for us!"

They also scared people and children who were trying to enjoy Halloween due to the fact they were acting so violent towards the fake Jesus.

I'm ashamed of the fact I breath the same air as the people.

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 11/04/06 03:32 AM

I am staying over night at the home of the most bautiful girl (inside and out) i have ever known. she is actually used as a model for a book cover pic. she graduates early and will study abroad. i will never be with her. This, is the epitome of misery...

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 11/05/06 09:09 AM

Christie...
if ignorance is bliss, you have to avoid being a "blisster"...

Posted by: Cord

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 11/05/06 11:19 AM

Quote:

So this Halloween a guy I grew up with participated in a Halloween thing with his church where they went around and yelled nasty things at a fake Jesus and pretended crucify him. Their excuse was "Well, you know Halloween is about Satan and we wanted to remind people about what Jesus did for us!"

They also scared people and children who were trying to enjoy Halloween due to the fact they were acting so violent towards the fake Jesus.

I'm ashamed of the fact I breath the same air as the people.

Samhain predates Christianity, and ergo, has sweet FA to do with Satan, satanism, or any other aspect of that 'young' religion.

Ignorant as well as unpleasant- yep, thats organised religion for ya.

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 11/06/06 10:05 AM

Company reply
Quote:

Thank you for contacting Farley's & Sathers Candy Co., Inc. regarding the Farley's® Kiddie Mix. Hearing from our consumers better enables us to continue to provide quality products and services.
Consumer feedback is very important to us, and we appreciate the opportunity to respond.
This product is mixed by dumping boxes of individual items into a large bin. As the items shake into our scales, they are mixed. However, we cannot guarantee there will be an equal amount of each item in every package.

Farley's & Sathers Candy Company, Inc.’s facilities maintain strict regulations to ensure the quality of our products. Your experience concerns us, since we work hard to produce top quality confections. We carefully monitor the production of our products throughout the entire process. Our goal is to ensure that each and every batch of confections meets our high standards for quality and consistency.

The information you provided will be helpful in our efforts to continually improve our products. I sincerely apologize for any concern or inconvenience this incident may have caused. I assure you, your comments will be brought to the attention of our Quality Assurance Management.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your comments. We hope our products will be completely satisfactory in the future.

Please visit our website at www.farleysandsathers.com for more information about our company's products and services.

Best regards,

Consumer Affairs

blah blah blah

To those who asked why I didn't buy strictly smarties or sweetarts, I only wanted to pull a few out for myself. If I bought only smarties and sweetarts I would have consumed far too many for my own good. The candy was for the kids (who never showed up), I just wanted to pull a few out for myself. But by a few I meant more than 10

Oh well. I'm over it now. It's just a little silly to look back on.

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 11/06/06 10:31 AM

Perhaps we should take up a Smarties and Sweeties collection fund for Joel? I have a whole cauldron of candy every year...and these are always the items that are left unwanted at the bottom. Being frugal, I don't want to toss them away...so they kick around the house for a year.

I have several years accumulated...and will be sending them to you.

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 11/06/06 11:14 AM

Several year old candy....hmmm, I might have to pass on that one, harlan.

A fun thing to do would be dropping a package of smarties into a 2 liter of pepsi. (just don't do it inside)

Re: The NEW Ranting and raving thread - 11/06/06 11:21 AM

What do you mean? The ONLY way to eat Easter Marshmallow Peeps is...aged.

Quote:

Several year old candy....hmmm, I might have to pass on that one, harlan.

Rant Thread - 11/29/06 11:05 AM

I hate cold winters. It is currently -31 degrees Celsius with a wind chill of -43 degrees Celcius (-24F / -46F) ... too darn cold. Not to mention for the last 2+ weeks we've had snow and wind so bad that "all" of the roads are glare ice. I have not taken my truck out of 4x4 yet. My wife spun out on the highway last Friday and when she was 180 degrees around a 1 ton welding truck hit her spinning her back 180 and into a guardrail. Thankfully she is only bumped and bruised with some minor cuts to her hand but emotionally she does not want to drive again. Car it totalled and looks like we'll have to purchase another vehicle as soon as the insurance company gets all of their paperwork in order. Winter sucks.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Rant Thread - 11/29/06 11:27 AM

Guess I can't complain about +60F degrees in November here. It does look weird with people in T-shirts and Christmas lights everywhere. Supposed to be near 70F today.

Re: Rant Thread - 11/29/06 11:31 AM

We've gotten only like 4 or 5 inches of snow and it's like 0-7 degrees F. Ha ha. I wish school would close.

Re: Rant Thread - 11/29/06 11:45 AM

Quote:

Guess I can't complain about +60F degrees in November here. It does look weird with people in T-shirts and Christmas lights everywhere. Supposed to be near 70F today.

Here too oddly enough. Although Michigan weather is sooo messed up we will probably have a heat wave in January and a snowstorm in July.....

Re: Rant Thread - 11/29/06 11:47 AM

In Arkansas we have a saying,"if you don't like the weather,just wait 15 minutes."

Re: Rant Thread - 11/29/06 11:49 AM

If you said that in Alberta ... in 15 minutes you would get so frost biten that things would turn black and fall off.

Re: Rant Thread - 11/29/06 11:58 AM

"I hate Winter' probably deserves its' own thread.

I concur..I've come to hate Winter. Bought another car last year, and driving home from the dealership I braked to slow down...and the anti-lock brakes promptly locked...as the car continued through a stop sign and across an intersection. Thought I was going to die.

I hate ice, too.

(PS. Dereck...glad your wife is okay! )

Re: Rant Thread - 11/29/06 12:02 PM

When I was stationed in Ft.Sill Oklahoma we were out on the rifle range all friggin' day in -4 degree weather,the wind chill was much lower and the wind was blowing very hard.

Later that day I went to the hospital with frost bitten hands and fingers,and so did several others.
That hurts. Now when it gets that cold my hands really start to hurt,I think they are just shy now.
Posted by: crablord

Re: Rant Thread - 11/30/06 04:15 AM

yeah it could be a lot worse Dereck, good thing your wife is ok. Stay safe

Re: Rant Thread - 11/30/06 09:42 AM

Thanks all.

Re: Rant Thread - 11/30/06 01:35 PM

Matt, got one up on ya. When I woke up this morning it was a nice 74 degrees. By 10 am it was 45 degrees. Really here if you don't like the weather wait 15 minutes. the wind is blowing at around 45 to 50 mph. Good thing houses here are built for hurricanes! HAHAHA Derek glad to hear you wife is ok and snow and ice are good reasons I don't live farther north. I had to shovel snow in 2004 at my grandmother's house and it sucked. We don't have snow shovels, snow plows, tire chains, and most people here have never seen a windshield ice scraper. Three days before it snowed here (which only happens about once every 30 years or so) it was in the 60's and they had heated ice scrapers for sale at Wal-Mart. My mom and I looked at those and laughed. Three days later it was the joke that we should have picked up the ice scrapers. My husband laughed at me the first time he took me to Illinios to meet his family. It was Christmas of '97 and we went for a drive in his mom's car. I kept kicking something around on the floorboard. I picked it up and kept trying to figure out what it did. Of course my husband kept laughing at me and couldn't believe I had never seen an ice scraper before. I asked him how many times he saw it freeze where we live and he said never. "Then we have no use for stuff like this do we?" "No guess not." I got to pass my wisdom on when my mom asked, "What's that?" when we were at Wal-Mart.

Re: Rant Thread - 11/30/06 03:21 PM

Improper use of homonyms...drives me crazy.

('Bare it' means something entirely different from 'bear it'. )

Re: Rant Thread - 01/31/07 02:09 AM

I just got rejected again. That [censored] bitc-err.....still love you. Someday she'll accept me. Someday...

*eats lemons that life gave to him*

Re: Rant Thread *DELETED* - 01/31/07 03:04 AM

Post deleted by UofM Shorin Ryu

Re: Rant Thread - 01/31/07 12:36 PM

Cattleman's BBQ sauce. I love the taste, but what a stupid cap design. It gets all over the cap, and makes it really messy the nexst time you use it. I don't want to have to wipe down the friggin bottle every time I want some BBQ.
Posted by: Zombie Zero

Re: Rant Thread - 01/31/07 01:09 PM

I've come to hate dinner-time.

Cooking for one sucks out loud, because you wind up doing one of the following:

1: Making the choice between throwing out leftovers, or eating the same thing every night for a week.

2: Microwaving some frozen gastric nightmare that tastes exactly the same as the packaging.

3: Going out to eat, alone, while happy couples look on with pity in their eyes.

4: Saying "**** it" and having a PB & Jelly with a side of Triscuits.

That's it. I'm not eating anymore.

Re: Rant Thread - 01/31/07 01:47 PM

Heh. Before I met the wife, I LIVED on leftovers. Now I live on "frozen gastric nightmares that taste exactly the same as the packaging".

And leftovers.

Re: Rant Thread - 01/31/07 03:27 PM

Leftovers are awesome! Except hwen it's a nice steak. Especially London Broil.

Re: Rant Thread - 01/31/07 04:05 PM

Left overs ... don't mind them sometimes but not today.

Last night we have a roast, whipped potatoes and cauliflower with cheese. My wife was going to take the roast out but thought she'd wait a little longer. Well a little longer meant a bit tough and dry. I say things are good but I like it a little pink in the middle and then all hell breaks loose and she gets mad and tells me that is how it is!!!!! Okay ... I eat it and thankfully the whipped potatoes and cauliflower and cheese is good and I can soak it in those. Guess what winds up in my lunch today ... yup ... you guessed it. And on top of that, she forgot my juice box. You know for sure she did that on purpose.

Re: Rant Thread - 01/31/07 04:09 PM

Ha ha!!!! Yeah I like my meat (especially London broil, my favorite steak) at least medium rare if not rare. Mm mm good.

Re: Rant Thread - 01/31/07 04:28 PM

you know what I really hate...when you discover a new restaurant, and go frequent enough to find you have a 'favorite' dish....then they discontinue the dish.

it's almost as if there is some marketing guy sitting in a corner office somewhere...and if he doesn't change something on the menu, his job becomes expendable - so, he changes the menu for the sake of changing the menu.

how many times has Chilli's changed their rib sauce? why? the older one tasted just fine. of course, when they go full circle and run out of ideas, they go back to advertising the 'original' sauce. lol

rant part deux:

a bakery joint used to have these unbelievably unhealthy danish: drip fried dough, crunchy on the outside, topped with salted butter, little cream cheeze and lots of sugar frosting. the whole thing swirled in cinimon.

nah...thats too good to keep...must be bad for ya. now that same bakery has fiber and organic 'treats'....apparently they have developed a conscience and feel responsible for making people larger.

I want responsibility put back on the customers...make the awesome danish available again, and let the responsible eaters get to choose if they are too big to eat one or not.

...or even better: like the signs at amusment parks that say 'you must be 50 inches tall to ride this ride...' at the bakery, they could have a sign that says: 'You must by less than 30 bmi to buy this danish.' haha

thats it. thats all.

Re: Rant Thread - 01/31/07 04:47 PM

Ed -

There IS a conspiracy.......I just can't prove it yet.

http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/s...=3#Post15851995

Re: Rant Thread - 01/31/07 05:46 PM

See Matt?! I KNEW there was something going on after all!

Re: Rant Thread - 01/31/07 05:46 PM

Quote:

you know what I really hate...when you discover a new restaurant, and go frequent enough to find you have a 'favorite' dish....then they discontinue the dish.

I hear you Ed. At Boston Pizza they had an appetizer called Onion Devils. These were chunks of onions cut up and battered and you would dip them in this sauce. The sauce was amazing ... unbelievable ... orgasimic. When I finished this I would actually clean out the little plastic dipping container by using my finger and even as far as using my tongue. Then a few years ago they took it off the menu and it has never come back.

There was a restaurant called Maxwell Taylors that we loved to go to that gave you unbelievable portion sizes. For dessert we would always order their Mud Pie. The first time we ordered two pieced and they came in a brick that the two of us would have had problems finishing the one. All of their locations disappeared for years and then a couple of years ago one reopened. I went to it and ordered the Mud Pie and it was different, it was smaller and it was not even good. Even the portion sizes were tailored down. The thing disappeared again within the year ... I wonder why.

So if somebody has some Onion Devils with that satanic sauce and some messy mud pie ... I'm yours baby.

Re: Rant Thread - 02/01/07 02:12 AM

Quote:

it's almost as if there is some marketing guy sitting in a corner office somewhere...and if he doesn't change something on the menu, his job becomes expendable - so, he changes the menu for the sake of changing the menu.

A bakery joint used to have these unbelievably unhealthy danish: drip fried dough, crunchy on the outside, topped with salted butter, little cream cheeze and lots of sugar frosting. the whole thing swirled in cinimon.

nah...thats too good to keep...must be bad for ya. now that same bakery has fiber and organic 'treats'....apparently they have developed a conscience and feel responsible for making people larger.

I want responsibility put back on the customers...make the awesome danish available again, and let the responsible eaters get to choose if they are too big to eat one or not.

...or even better: like the signs at amusment parks that say 'you must be 50 inches tall to ride this ride...' at the bakery, they could have a sign that says: 'You must by less than 30 bmi to buy this danish.' haha

thats it. thats all.

OMG I hear ya! I was at the grocery store this morning and wanted something chocolate so I made a detour to the snack isle and I could only find "fat free" this and "nonfat" that. I looked at my daughter and asked her where the skinny people snacks were. I'm 5'6" and about 135 lbs. I'm not a big person at all and could afford to put on a pound or two. Sugar free and all that other crap has gone too far! I want my full of fat, cholesterol, artery clogging, hyperactivity causing food back.

My second rant:
I went to the college book store to sell back my books from last semester. Since I only took one class I figured I'd been in and out in 5 minutes. It was a nasty day today, drizzling, wind blowing and it might have gotten to 51 F today. I had to get my daughter out of the car, carry her and the books in to the store. I realize she doesn't have her shoes on (she takes them off when we get in the car) so I can't set her down and there is only one girl working at the store. I wait for her to get done ringing one guy up and of course he takes his sweet time getting out his credit card after everything is rung up (if you know you are going to pay with a credit card why not have it out and ready?) and of course eveything isn't going fast enough for me. Finally the guy leaves and she turns to me and asked if I wanted to sell the books back. I bite my tounge (at this point I wanted to tell her no I just wanted to get my books out of the rain) and tell her yes where do I need to go? She informs me that they are no longer taking those books because they have moved on to the next edition. Well of course they have. If I was actually able to get help right away and been able to sell my books back to the store that would have gone too smoothly and almost to my liking.

Casey
Posted by: ButterflyPalm

Re: Rant Thread - 02/01/07 04:16 AM

Quote:

And on top of that, she forgot my juice box. You know for sure she did that on purpose.

A rant poem by Ogden Nash.

I NEVER EVEN SUGGESTED IT

I know lots of men who are in love and lots of men who are married and lots of men who are both.
And to fall out with their loved ones is what all of them are most loth.
They are conciliatory at every opportunity,
Because all they want is serenity and a certain amount of impunity.
Yes, many the swain who has finally admitted that the earth is flat
Simply to avert a tiff,
Many the two-fisted executive whose domestic conversation is limited to a
tactfully interpolated Yes,
And then he is amazed to find that he is being raked backwards over a bed of
coals nevertheless.
These misguided fellows are under the impression that it takes two to make a
quarrel, that you can sidestep a crisis by nonaggression and
nonresistance,
Instead of removing yourself to a discreet distance.
Passivity can be a provoking modus operandi:
Consider the Empire and Gandhi.
Silence is golden, but sometimes invisibility is golder,
Beacuse loved ones may not be able to make bricks without straw but often
they don't need any straw to manufacture a bone to pick or blood in
their eye or a chip for their soft white shoulder.
It is my duty, gentlemen, to inform you that women are dictators all, and I
recommend to you this moral:
In real life it takes only one to make a quarrel.

Re: Rant Thread - 02/01/07 07:37 AM

ATTENTION IDIOT DRIVERS:

STOP TAIL-GATING AND RUBBER-NECKING. I'M NOT KIDDING. THIS IS REALLY GETTING ANNOYING. DON'T MAKE ME CALL JKOGAS OR CHEN ZEN OR TAISON. I CAN MAKE THINGS HAPPEN.

Final warning.

Re: Rant Thread - 02/01/07 08:40 AM

Matt,
if you really want to get P-o'ed... I have people who try to pass me on the entrance ramp to the interstate in bumper to bumper traffic. There are concrete barriers separating the lanes until the "merge" area, and these jacka$$es try to skirt around everybody else, which gives the rest of the traffic no place to go.

Being from the South and used to driving race cars, I have no problem "putting them into the wall"... and I have good insurance... so if any of the readers are "so inclined"... you've had your warning...

Re: Rant Thread - 02/01/07 09:22 AM

Quote:

ATTENTION IDIOT DRIVERS:

STOP TAIL-GATING AND RUBBER-NECKING. I'M NOT KIDDING. THIS IS REALLY GETTING ANNOYING. DON'T MAKE ME CALL JKOGAS OR CHEN ZEN OR TAISON. I CAN MAKE THINGS HAPPEN.

Final warning.

Add not signalling and not driving the speed limit then I'm with you. Please pass on those numbers, thanks.

Re: Rant Thread - 02/01/07 09:29 AM

And turn off your fricken high beams when there is somebody else on the road. We'd like to be able to see, too.
Posted by: oldman

Re: Rant Thread - 02/01/07 09:47 AM

The common cold.

Re: Rant Thread - 02/01/07 09:56 AM

My grandma's alarm woke me up at 3:45 this morning, I got up at 4 and decided to go to schopol early so I could make up work i missed yestarday when i was gone, I thought it would take over an hour to get there on foot so i left at 5:00. It took me 28 minutes. I waited in the cold outside from 5:28 to 6:30 in the friggin morning in below freezing temp for a teacher to get there. I am tired. Annoyed. Streesed about work that needs done NOW. I hate school. And yestarday I slept in an hour late or a little over an hour by accident as i forgot to set my alarm so instead of taking saturday school for being late i skipped. I hate school. And I have no common sense.

Re: Rant Thread - 02/01/07 10:05 AM

My cat is dying. Food is pretty tasteless right now, and I don't get a lot of sleep...but I find I don't really have anything worth ranting about right now.

Re: Rant Thread - 02/01/07 10:07 AM

Awwwww. Poor cat. That's rough.
My favorite cat died last year and I wasn't even around to say good bye. I miss you Gizmo! RIP

Re: Rant Thread - 02/01/07 10:41 AM

I hate it when you are typing a post and you are almost done, and the whole thing deletes!

My son came home from school yeaterday saying he was hungry. I asked him if he had snack at school (yesterday was his day to bring snack so I know he had it). He told me he didn't have snack today. I asked him if the parent forget to bring snack and he nodded (friggin' little liar!) He got real quiet when I told him that I knew he was lying because I brought snack for the class when he was in music class. I can't stand liars!

Casey

Re: Rant Thread - 02/01/07 10:47 AM

Hmmm...maybe you mean you 'hate lying'?

I've been dissappointed by my kids lying. Sometimes, I've laughed at the outright boldness and creativity of some the whoppers. But, I've never hated my kids. Trust me...you've got years of other challenges ahead...just give him the extra snack.

Re: Rant Thread - 02/01/07 10:57 AM

Quote:

Hmmm...maybe you mean you 'hate lying'?

I've been dissappointed by my kids lying. Sometimes, I've laughed at the outright boldness and creativity of some the whoppers. But, I've never hated my kids. Trust me...you've got years of other challenges ahead...just give him the extra snack.

Oh no I don't hate my son by any stretch of the imagination! I love him dearly! lol I'm just WAY behind on sleep and am not thinking as clearly as I should. But yes I stand corrected, I don't like lying. Yes he was given an extra snack. I think he's going to go through a growth spurt soon because he's always hungry. He eats me out of house and home and can't imagine how he's going to be in 10 years when he's 15! My grocery bill is going to at least double with him alone! LOL No I don't hate my son! He's way too cute to not like!

Casey

Re: Rant Thread - 02/01/07 11:05 AM

A circuit board with a handful of LED's and four batteries does NOT constitute a 'Bomb Hoax'.

Lighten up, Boston! You panicked, and made yourselves look stupid. That's not worth putting people in jail over!

Re: Rant Thread - 02/01/07 11:13 AM

My left knee is really pi$$ing me off today. Almost making me limp, but not quite. What did I do to it, you ask? Got out of bed today.

Re: Rant Thread - 02/01/07 11:18 AM

I need around 12 or 13 more people to fill out my survey by tommorrow before 7:55 or I'm screwed for a grade. Oh well I'm a procrastinator.

Re: Rant Thread - 02/01/07 11:21 AM

check your PM

Quote:

I need around 12 or 13 more people to fill out my survey by tommorrow before 7:55 or I'm screwed for a grade. Oh well I'm a procrastinator.

Re: Rant Thread - 02/01/07 11:53 AM

Quote:

A circuit board with a handful of LED's and four batteries does NOT constitute a 'Bomb Hoax'.

Lighten up, Boston! You panicked, and made yourselves look stupid. That's not worth putting people in jail over!

lol...putting those things under bridges and subway stations? how is that different from yelling fire in a crowded movie theatre? or a prank call to 911? grow up. some things are funny...this prank was just dumb.

some good pranks in Boston in the past were pulled off by MIT. one that I remember well is the Engineering seniors placed a MIT Campus Police cruiser on top of the MIT dome. nobody saw them put it there or how. lol

Re: Rant Thread - 02/01/07 12:06 PM

Quote:

lol...putting those things under bridges and subway stations? how is that different from yelling fire in a crowded movie theatre? or a prank call to 911? grow up. some things are funny...this prank was just dumb.

I don't want to start a flamewar about this, but it was an ad campaign, not a prank.

They were placed in plain view, with a lit-up cartoon character flipping the bird. Same thing was done in 9 other cities, and no one said peep.

Anyone who thought what was basically a Lite Brite was a bomb, well, they're the ones who should grow up.

It was nothing more than a circuit board with batteries. Nothing that looked even remotely like an explosive.

It that's a 'terroristic threat', then so are all those "Andre the Giant has a posse" signs you see everywhere.

The whole thing was taken way out of proportion.

Re: Rant Thread - 02/01/07 06:31 PM

People are really paranoid now I mean, a kid in elementery school makes his hand into a gun and goes boom boom at a friend when they play cops and robbers gets expelled I mean come on I made guns out of everything at that age.

Re: Rant Thread - 02/02/07 02:39 AM

Quote:

Quote:

ATTENTION IDIOT DRIVERS:

Final warning.

Add not signalling and not driving the speed limit then I'm with you. Please pass on those numbers, thanks.

What the hell is this person doing? Backing up with a left turn signal, blocking both lanes....

Oh, they're on the phone....

GET OFF THE F*@*&$@ PHONE!!!!
Posted by: ButterflyPalm

Re: Rant Thread - 02/02/07 04:12 AM

Quote:

The whole thing was taken way out of proportion.

I just cannot undersand why they ban those harmless looking ( a dollar each ) box-cutters on airplanes.
Posted by: Taison

Re: Rant Thread - 02/02/07 06:21 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

ATTENTION IDIOT DRIVERS:

Final warning.

What the hell is this person doing? Backing up with a left turn signal, blocking both lanes....

Oh, they're on the phone....

GET OFF THE F*@*&$@ PHONE!!!!

STOP DOUBLE PARKING BEHIND MY BIKE!!! I HAVE OTHER PLACES TO GO! AND NO! I DON'T HAVE "5" MINUTES YOU PIECE OF [censored]!!

-Taison out

Re: Rant Thread - 02/02/07 08:34 AM

Quote:

I just cannot undersand why they ban those harmless looking ( a dollar each ) box-cutters on airplanes.

Sorry, BP, but I'm not taking the bait. Try again.
Posted by: ThomsonsPier

Re: Rant Thread - 02/05/07 11:12 AM

Why can't *£$%ing cyclists stick to the highway code? I (foolishly) crossed a one-way street this morning whilst looking in the direction from which the traffic should have been coming and some $(£^ing )"*$^^£ on a push bike slammed into me at high speed and cracked me in the back of the head! When I looked at him, he seemed to be under the impression that it was my fault!

And don't get me started on cyclists who ride straight through red lights.

Re: Rant Thread - 02/05/07 11:39 AM

Man I hate censorship, at my school YOUTUBE is now blocked along with myspace, formerly wikepedia, and similar sights. Everything is blocked practically! Blog sights, many forums, chat rooms, etc. GRRRRRRRR!

Can we sticky this it's always gonna be here anyway.

Re: Rant Thread - 02/09/07 10:54 AM

Bureaucrats and apparatchiks...hate 'em.

Anybody ever see the British series 'House of Cards'? I absolutely HATED the lead character/bad guy.

"You may very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6346301.stm

Re: Rant Thread - 02/12/07 11:51 AM

I am sick of living in constant fear and anxiety.

Re: Rant Thread - 02/12/07 01:11 PM

What are you afraid of that gives you anxiety?

Re: Rant Thread - 02/12/07 02:17 PM

I CAN'T (Censored) SIDE KICK WITH MY LEFT LEG!

Why oh why is it taking so long to develop fine motor skill with that darn leg. All I can do is roundhouse and front kick. No sidekick, spinning roundhouses, chopkicks or any of those. It's still my right leg doing everything!!!! ARHHHH!!!

-Taison out

Re: Rant Thread - 02/12/07 06:42 PM

Well, when things go really well for me, as they are, I then get irrational fears and anxieties of losing those things (in this case my gf and also of not gettign into the colleges I want and NROTC) and even the slightest happenings that can be in anyway interpreted negatively is how I interpret them and believe me I analyze EVERYTHING many times over.
I'm afraid of losing what I love in life. As everyone does but for me it's extreme.

Taison- Why not just make the other leg good at what it is able to to do and only master whatyou can with the other?

Re: Rant Thread - 02/12/07 08:53 PM

Ok thankfully my mood swung back the other way ha ha.

Re: Rant Thread - 02/13/07 02:09 AM

HAHAHAHA Storm I was in NJROTC as well. After 3 years I made it to CO. Ok well I didn't have much competition, I was one of two seniors that had gone to leadership academy adn the other guy didn't like doing paper work so that left me. Just breathe relax and come what may....

Casey

Re: Rant Thread - 02/13/07 02:11 AM

Quote:

Why not just make the other leg good at what it is able to to do and only master whatyou can with the other?

To be honest, I've only been able to kick with my left leg efficiently for about 3 days. Yup, I've been in the MA for years, and only recently started kicking with it. Dereck gave me some good leg exercises, and the power in my left leg has increased a lot.

Well, seems I'm going to stick with roundhouse and front kick with the left leg. Maybe chop kick.

-Taison out

Re: Rant Thread - 02/13/07 02:25 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I just noticed I have a "title" now. Geez I'm slow today! LOL same one I had in high school too.

Casey

Re: Rant Thread - 02/13/07 11:35 AM

Well I"m doing NROTC in college and gonna be a 2nd Lieutenant!
Anyway, good luck with that Taison. Hope you get as far as you would like with it.
Well, my mood swung back again a little but not as far i nthe negative direction as yestarday. So kind of balanced now.
I say one or 2 things that don't sound quite perfect and she doesn't even notice or care yet I get all critical of myself. Yikes I'm crazy...
Posted by: rideonlythelabel

Re: Rant Thread - 02/15/07 11:39 AM

Last night, the meteo predicted over forty centimeters of fresh snow for the night. We didn’t get much snow this year, so I decided I would ditch all my obligations and go snowboarding. I set my alarm at 6 o’clock to be the first one on the slopes. The early bird gets the snow, I was fond of saying.

So today this early bird wakes up to Nancy Sinatra’s These Boots are Made for Walking. The early bird is ashamed of his musical preferences. He checks the road conditions. He learns that the roads to his favourite mountain are rated as; “critical”, and that he very well may crash and burn if he does not heed to these warnings.

So, the early bird decides that he is going to the mountain closest to his home, which is fifteen minutes away. It takes him two hours to get there in bumper to bumper traffic. He is annoyed, but not that much, as he believes that the snowboarding will be worth it.

The early bird finally gets to the hill, dreaming of complicated aerials manoeuvers and of a thick pillow-like layer of snow to protect his fragile body in case of failure.

There, he discovers that the chairlift to the snowboard park is closed, and that the snow is hard as rocks, which is impossible and defies logic and is impossible, but is probably due to the gale-force winds sweeping the area.

Severely disappointed, the early bird decides that he should have stayed in bed, but that since he is already here he will skate it off and hike up the hill.

While hiking, the early bird finds out that the only jump worth hitting is closed because – get this – there are rocks in the landing. After forty centimeters of fresh. This is clear proof that God hates the early bird.

The early bird is [censored]. He came here for jumps, but it looks like he will have to slide rails instead.

He chooses a suitable rail for warming up, a flat rail that is well within his abilities. On his first attempt, the early bird literally falls flat on his face on the hard snow. He scrapes –not split— scrapes the skin off his upper lip. The early bird is incensed. As he helplessly slides down the landing slope, he finds out his face connected the ground half a meter away from a spot protected from the wind, where fresh snow has accumulated.

The early bird renounces God.

He goes home. All that traveling emptied his gas tank, so he stops to fill it. The cute girl running the cash register looks at the early bird’s mangled upper lip with fear and disgust. The early bird renounces God again, just for good measure.

When he gets home, the early bird vents his anger by posting a rant on an internet message board, which, he is told, is a lot healthier than getting savagely drunk sitting alone at the kitchen table.

Re: Rant Thread - 02/16/07 11:51 AM

My girlfriend had to go to Boston for the weekened and gets back monday. she wasn't allowed to take her phone. I leave for Israel tuesday and cant use the phone over there probably so I have to wait almost 2 weeks to hear her voice and only contact her over there through email a little bit. No fun. However as soon as I get back I'm going up and spending part of the weekened of the 3rd with her so that will be very nice.

2 weeks off school (just for me)and then 2 weeks of school and another 2 weeks off for spring break when I may be able to spend a few days near her!
Woo hoo!

Re: Rant Thread - 02/20/07 09:15 AM

Woke up at 3:45 am. ate a cliff bar and had a big ass mug of black coffee. Went to the airport too too early by far. Couple hours till my flight. Stomach is a bit gurgly. I'm bored. Coffee does weird thigns to me early in the morning.

Re: Rant Thread - 03/16/07 09:29 PM

Why doesn't my husband listen to me? We were weeding the flowerbeds this past weekend and I pulled some stinging nettle. Now I've been stung plenty of times so it doesn't really bother me now but don't let my reaction to the plant phase your thought on it. It does hurt (that's why it's called STINGING nettle and not TICKLING nettle) Well I'll get back to the weeding story. I had a pile of weeds with a stinging nettle down close to the bottom. My husband comes by with a trash bag and asked if it was ok to take the pile.
ME: "Sure Hon just be careful. There's stinging nettle somewhere on the bottom. I recommend you get on a pair of gloves before you pick it up."

HUSBAND: "What's stinging nettle?"

He's from up north and has never had the pleasure of coming in contact with this wonderful plant.

ME: "It's a kind of plant that stings when you touch the stem. Ya know Honey maybe I should throw it away."

HUSBAND: "NA! How bad can a plant hurt?"

I think "Ha! famous last words!" He scoops up the pile and screams and drops the pile. I start to giggle knowing what just happened.

HUSBAND: "What the hell was that?"

ME: "THAT my dear was stinging nettle."

HUSBAND: "Sorry Sweetheart but you're going to have the pick up that pile my arms hurt. How do you get this to stop stinging?"

After I was done laughing and drying my eyes I took him inside and doctored him up. I don't think he'll be second guessing me for a long time.

Casey

Re: Rant Thread - 03/16/07 09:53 PM

B-o-o-h-o-o. What a man. lol just kidding.

Re: Rant Thread - 08/16/07 12:02 AM

FOR THE LOVE OF PETE! I'm so moving away from this hell hole of a city! For the second time in as many weeks we're under a water boil notice because e.coli has been found in the water system. The first time we had to boil our water for 10 days before the notice was lifted and now they are saying that this notice won't be lifted until the state comes out and checks everything out and that can take a few MONTHS! WTF! Is the water district manager sleeping on the job? Then on top of everything else there's a tropical storm bearing down on us. Now normally I'd just clean the tubs real well and fill the tubs with water to use until the city's water was back on line but hell I have to boil all that water! I've only been able to boil 3 pots of water to use for drinking and cooking today and plan to boil water all day tomorrow and fill every container I have. Oh and then the city blames the citizens for the e.coli in the water (yeah like we wanted it there) because we aren't using enough water. Well let's see...WE'RE 30 INCHES ABOVE NORMAL FOR OUR RAINFALL FOR THE YEAR! OF COURSE WE AREN'T GOING TO USE AS MUCH WATER! WE DON'T NEED TO WATER OUR YARDS! Good thing to come out of this is I've just learned the water manager has resigned from his position. I was starting to think we had chimps working for the city. Hell I think at this point a chimp could do a better job. I'm not upset at the fact there's a tropical storm heading straight for us, I'm more upset that it's going to take me 3 times longer to get the water ready. You can't even buy water at the stores because it's all sold out. UGH! I hate this blasted city! People are starting to joke that the water is safer in Mexico than here to drink. I don't think I ask for much and my standards aren't even all that high. All I really want is electricity and clean water. We also have to run bleach in our dishwasher to make sure the bacteria is killed. Sorry this is kinda scatter brained but I'm tired from bringing in all the ourdoor toys/funiture/grills all day and boiling water when I come inside. Just thought about it, I can't even use the ice in my ice maker. UGH! Good thing Mr. Sleeps-at-work has left so now maybe things will get better.

Casey

Re: Rant Thread - 08/16/07 08:11 AM

Sorry to hear that Casey. Watching the news this morning, I see parts of Texas could be in for another 10 inches or so of rain. That is unbelievable!

We have a near-drought in PA where I am.

Re: Rant Thread - 08/16/07 09:54 AM

Only a little rain last night and a couple gusts of wind so right now there's no excitement yet. I can tell it's the calm before the storm. Looks like Erin is going to make landfall just to the north of me. I'd rather have the eye hit there simply because the northwest quadrant carries the heaviest rain. Seeing how the river is still high from the rain that we had back in July, if we get much more rain, the people living along it will be displaced again. Being in the southern half of the storm I don't expect much rain. Ya know even after thinking about it last night, I don't think I would even be upset about having to boil water if we had been told right as it was found in the water suply. Myself, my husband and my daughter were all sick this past weekend. We figured it was from something we ate. Come to find out we were sick from e.coli. Supposedly the contamination was discovered on Monday morning, a DAY AND A HALF later they inform the public! I didn't hear about it until my son's school called and said something. Yeah that's right. I didn't learn about the water boil notice from the city but from the school. Come next election, no one in office today will get my vote.

Casey
Posted by: student_of_life

Re: Rant Thread - 08/17/07 10:33 PM

......women......damn.......

not much of a rant, more like a sigh. and not directed at any one on the forum, just a few i know.