'I'm P.O'ed...and I'm not gonna take it anymore!'

Posted by: harlan

'I'm P.O'ed...and I'm not gonna take it anymore!' - 08/08/06 09:16 AM

Famous line. These days, it seems like there is little that one can control...except how one spends one's money. The power of 'the boycott'. If I can make a small difference, in some way, by NOT doing something, I will.

Today's boycott for me:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/08/busine...;pagewanted=all
Posted by: BuDoc

Re: 'I'm P.O'ed...and I'm not gonna take it anymore!' - 08/08/06 11:06 AM

Help me out here.

Are you boycotting China? or dead bodies? or museums?

Me, I'll just stick to never going into Walmart!

Page

Re: 'I'm P.O'ed...and I'm not gonna take it anymore!' - 08/08/06 11:08 AM

But, Doc, if you boycott Walmart...you'll never meet me?

Thanks for the clarification. Boycotting the traveling exhibit(s), which will undercut the growing industry. After all...what is next...decorative lampshades from human skin? Don't want to waste parts...do we?
Posted by: BuDoc

Re: 'I'm P.O'ed...and I'm not gonna take it anymore!' - 08/08/06 11:20 AM

I have a buddy that is a Urologist. He keeps all of the foreskins from the infants that he circumsises.

He then takes thes foreskins and makes them into various crafts.

Last year he made me a foreskin wallet. It is very handy. When I rub it really fast it turns into a briefcase!

Page
Posted by: JoelM

Re: 'I'm P.O'ed...and I'm not gonna take it anymore!' - 08/08/06 12:01 PM

He should sell that technology to NASA.

Re: 'I'm P.O'ed...and I'm not gonna take it anymore!' - 08/08/06 12:07 PM

I'm actually very interested in the exhibits. There is/was one in Atlanta I wanted to see but probably won't make it.

Do we boycott all MA because there are so many McDojos out there?

Re: 'I'm P.O'ed...and I'm not gonna take it anymore!' - 08/08/06 12:14 PM

Tell you what...the idea is about boycotting. Feel free to view human cadavers, or shop at Walmart, or whatever. The suggestion is to think of something you won't support...kinda like a passive resistance. If you don't like McDojo's....don't be in one.

Re: 'I'm P.O'ed...and I'm not gonna take it anymore!' - 08/08/06 12:30 PM

sorry...

I'd love to boycott stupid people. But then I'd have to stay locked up in my house and not look at any mirrors.

Re: 'I'm P.O'ed...and I'm not gonna take it anymore!' - 08/08/06 12:33 PM

Posted by: oldman

Re: 'I'm P.O'ed...and I'm not gonna take it anymore!' - 08/08/06 01:16 PM

I prefer "Passive aggressive resistance". You take no action and are full of contempt for people that choose not to too.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: 'I'm P.O'ed...and I'm not gonna take it anymor - 08/08/06 01:42 PM

Quote:

I have a buddy that is a Urologist. He keeps all of the foreskins from the infants that he circumsises.

He then takes thes foreskins and makes them into various crafts.

Last year he made me a foreskin wallet. It is very handy. When I rub it really fast it turns into a briefcase!

Page

Oh that is just sick ... sick I say. And Wal-Mart, I couldn't boycott them as I find I am always purchasing something from them. I'm from a very small city and this just makes life easier.
Posted by: Cord

Re: 'I'm P.O'ed...and I'm not gonna take it anymor - 08/09/06 03:27 AM

I am going to continue to boycot Jessica Simpson- it should be illegal for her to exist.

Re: 'I'm P.O'ed...and I'm not gonna take it anymor - 08/09/06 09:09 AM

Me too.

Quote:

I am going to continue to boycot Jessica Simpson- it should be illegal for her to exist.

Posted by: MattJ

Re: 'I'm P.O'ed...and I'm not gonna take it anymor - 08/09/06 11:04 AM

Quote:

I am boycotting Cord now.
Posted by: tkd_high_green

Re: 'I'm P.O'ed...and I'm not gonna take it anymor - 08/09/06 12:35 PM

I'm boycotting Gravity.

Darn thing isn't consistant anymore. Flickered off in the middle of a turning kick last night causing my other leg to follow the kicking leg off the ground, then abruptly restarted once both legs were several feet off the ground, causing me to come crashing down onto the floor at 32 feet per second, landing in a full horizontal position on my right side.

Someone clearly isn't paying the bill these days.

oww
Laura

Re: 'I'm P.O'ed...and I'm not gonna take it anymor - 08/09/06 01:13 PM

As a female, I feel obliged to boycott this as well.

Quote:

I'm boycotting Gravity.

Posted by: StillWater

Re: 'I'm P.O'ed...and I'm not gonna take it anymor - 08/09/06 07:37 PM

I dont shop at wal-mart. Not really much else that I boycott i guess.
I WOULD boycot genetically altered foods but theyre everywhere (if the ingredients say "corn oil" of any type, good chance it contains GMO's) and in USA no laws have been passed that require food products to tell people that they contain GMO's
which is very sad since there havent been any tests done to determine what the health effects are.
Posted by: Mr_Heretik

Re: 'I'm P.O'ed...and I'm not gonna take it anymore!' - 08/09/06 11:08 PM

I've been boycotting EA games for a long time now.
Posted by: ButterflyPalm

Re: 'I'm P.O'ed...and I'm not gonna take it anymor - 08/09/06 11:33 PM

Quote:

As a female, I feel obliged to boycott this as well.

Quote:

I'm boycotting Gravity.

Being an elderly male....well...you know my stand.

Re: 'I'm P.O'ed...and I'm not gonna take it anymor - 08/09/06 11:45 PM

or lack thereof...
Posted by: ButterflyPalm

Re: 'I'm P.O'ed...and I'm not gonna take it anymor - 08/09/06 11:59 PM

Posted by: Dereck

Re: 'I'm P.O'ed...and I'm not gonna take it anymor - 08/10/06 12:44 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I am boycotting Cord now.

Jessica Simpson, for all that people dislike about her, but did you not see her in the video about "Boots were made for walking"? Turn down the sound and enjoy. You don't have to like her ... but it doesn't hurt to look ... right Matt.
Posted by: Karateka13

Re: 'I'm P.O'ed...and I'm not gonna take it anymor - 08/14/06 12:15 PM

I'd love to boycott stupidity too...but, like Joel said, I'd have to lock myself in the house and never go out becaus I seem to be surrounded by them.

I am actually engaging in a boycott now...all American products. (Nothing against Americans, just the government.)

I'm Lebanese...you figure it out.

Re: 'I'm P.O'ed...and I'm not gonna take it anymor - 08/14/06 12:19 PM

That shouldn't be too much of a problem...considering how few 'American' products are in the stores. I do recall that the 'lint roller' was invented in Flint, Michigan by unemployed automotive workers. Probably an urban legand.

Other than that, and food (which I'm sure you won't boycott entirely)...what is still manufactured in the USA?

Re: 'I'm P.O'ed...and I'm not gonna take it anymor - 08/14/06 12:35 PM

Actually, it is mostly food...I don't want to get too into it because I don't want to discuss politics or whatever on this forum...I just want to feel like I'm doing something while my country's being blown to pieces instead of wringing my hands and watching the god-awful news.

Aaanyways...moving on...

Re: 'I'm P.O'ed...and I'm not gonna take it anymor - 08/14/06 07:22 PM

Hala, if you have any friends or family in Lebanon I hope they are all safe.
Posted by: rideonlythelabel

Re: 'I'm P.O'ed...and I'm not gonna take it anymor - 08/15/06 05:00 PM

Quote:

Hala, if you have any friends or family in Lebanon I hope they are all safe.

So do I.

Re: 'I'm P.O'ed...and I'm not gonna take it anymor - 08/19/06 01:14 PM

Joel and Ride -- Thanks, I appreciate your concern.

I actually spoke with one of my cousins today, they're doing all right, especially since the ceasefire came into effect a couple of days ago. Hopefully things will get better. I'm planning to go back for a visit in December, hopefully things would be looking up by then. *Crosses fingers*

Posted by: MattJ

Re: 'I'm P.O'ed...and I'm not gonna take it anymor - 08/19/06 03:02 PM

Quote by Karateka13 -

Quote:

I am actually engaging in a boycott now...all American products. (Nothing against Americans, just the government.)

Hala -

While I sympathize with the plight of innocent Lebanese caught between the Israeli Army and Hezbollah, to boycott American products is pretty silly. We are not directly involved in that conflict. I mean, are you boycotting Iranian or Syrian goods and government as well? Let's be fair.

Re: 'I'm P.O'ed...and I'm not gonna take it anymor - 08/25/06 10:22 AM

Quote:

Hala -

While I sympathize with the plight of innocent Lebanese caught between the Israeli Army and Hezbollah, to boycott American products is pretty silly. We are not directly involved in that conflict. I mean, are you boycotting Iranian or Syrian goods and government as well? Let's be fair.

Heh, this is why I didn't really want to talk about this here--I like to go here because of everyone's love and abudnant knowledge of MA, which I happen to be just as passionate about. Not politics. I'd explain what I'm doing further...but I'm really not in the mood right now, and I don't want to do it on this forum. I'm on here so much I feel like I know some of you almost personally, and I enjoy all of your posts a lot. I don't want to mix talking MA and other lighter subjects with Middle Eastern politics--especially because it's a sensitive subject for me and one that is *very* complicated.

So, let's just leave this at that, and move on, okay?

And thanks for your sympathy, it's appreciated.