A Boring Thread...

Posted by: Ed_Morris

A Boring Thread... - 06/14/06 04:51 PM

anyone care to share the nicknames of their plants?

want to argue the logic of window vs. isle seats?

how long DOES latex paint take to dry on a concrete floor?

other boring ideas:
- Reminiscing with strangers.
- Favorite belt colors and headbands.
- hypothetical things that could go wrong while fishing.
- download hours of .mpegs showing my bottle cap collection.
- what product do YOU use to clean the dojo mirrors?
- I lost my godan certificate, but I still have the receipt - please advise.

...this boring thread is the place to talk about such things! I'll kick it off:

How often do you clip your toenails? (should I have done this question with a poll?)
Posted by: Cord

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/14/06 04:58 PM

I dont clip for safety reasons. My little toenails are very thick, once when clipping one of them shot up into my eye! It really hurt. Ever since then i have waited for the nails to get to a decent length, then, after softening them with a good soak in a warm bath, I tear em off. I do this about once every 6 weeks.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/14/06 05:39 PM

Oh my god Ed, you were not kidding about boring. Clipping toe nails? I only do them when they become a problem and that is when I notice them either scratching my other toes or getting caught in my socks. I like to always keep my self trimed for toe and finger nails, plus hair ... and more then on my head.
Posted by: Ayub

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/14/06 06:14 PM

One time, I was cutting up an onion. Not something I do very often really. I really tried hard to not get my eyes irritated so I carefully peeeled it, taking my time. Then I washed it thoroughly under a tap and opened a window. I got a sharp knife and stuck it in the onion.... as soon as that happened a stream of onion juice came out of the onion and went directly into my open eye!!!!!! WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF THAT!! My eye was red and I cried (because of the onion ).
Posted by: MattJ

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/14/06 06:18 PM

Count the folds in your pants.
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/14/06 06:29 PM

It's "aisle seat" not "isle"-assuming you meant sitting next to the open area designated for walking and not a small land mass surrounded by water.

To many variables involved in latex paint drying on concrete-is the concrete in an outdoor area or outside? Are fans in use? What season is it and what part of the world?

Toenails are suppose to be cut?
I grow them out and sharpen them with a file.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/14/06 06:47 PM

How many toe-nail clippings would it take to make a brush good for applying latex paint to a concrete structure on an island?

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/14/06 07:18 PM

I thought this was a 'boring thread' not a gross out, nastiness thread .

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/14/06 09:41 PM

That reminds me of an non-interesting technique I'd like to share. When wrapping a sub sandwich, I like to take the paper one full turn around the sub, then fold in the sides, THEN, and only then, continue to wrap the sandwich. here's the key: tape shut with a short length of suitably adhesive strip - OR - fasten with an appropriate size rubber band....depending on your preference.

asleep yet?
c'mon people the goal here is to put others to sleep - I know you've got it in you. think boring.
Posted by: oldman

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/14/06 10:42 PM

There was this time I went to Walmart with my son. He set down his wallet in the toy isle and inadvertantly walked off. When we came back couldn't find it. We asked the guy that stocked the toys if he saw it. He didn't so we went home.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/14/06 11:01 PM

When you left it on the toy isle, was high tide imminent?
Perhaps the tide came in on the isle, washing it out to sea.
Posted by: rideonlythelabel

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/14/06 11:23 PM

Quote:

There was this time I went to Walmart with my son. He set down his wallet in the toy isle and inadvertantly walked off. When we came back couldn't find it. We asked the guy that stocked the toys if he saw it. He didn't so we went home.

Reminds me of that time when I went to walmart to buy some batteries. Nothing special happened.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/14/06 11:39 PM

thats the spirit Neko! constantly pointing out spelling errors is VERY boring! keep doing that and you may even bore everyone on your aisle.

boring imagery:
-Waiting a really long time for a connecting flight.
-shopping online for socks.
-listening to a person's descriptive list of trivial physical ailments over the phone.
-rethreading that string in gi pants.
-watching a mid-season baseball game on tv with strangers having teams you don't care about, that winds up being 13 innings and ends 1-0.
- This icon:
Posted by: Stormdragon

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/15/06 01:48 AM

I ate eggs and toast for breakfast this morning. I split wood today. I sat on chat rooms for 4-5 hours. I read books. Barny. Tela Tubbies. Mr. Rogers is on tv for an hour or so. Mr. Rogers was in the Army Special Forces. A green Beret. That last sentence was a sentence fragment, not a complete sentence.
How the heck DO you rethread a pair of gi pants?
Posted by: ThomsonsPier

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/15/06 05:22 AM

I feel strongly that toilet paper should be fed over the top of the roll.
Posted by: BrianS

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/15/06 07:17 AM

Toilet paper makes no difference to me,but there are 47 ceiling tiles and 11 computers in this Q.A. Lab. I'm going to clock out and go home to sleep in about an hour.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/15/06 07:54 AM

Quote:

How the heck DO you rethread a pair of gi pants?

I've used a chopstick or wire hanger.
Posted by: harlan

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/15/06 08:03 AM

You know you are boring when passionfruit tea and a book on kundalini doesn't wake you up.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/15/06 09:13 AM

I own a drill, which I use for boring.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/15/06 10:07 AM

Quote:

a book on kundalini doesn't wake you up.

I didnt know they had published his biography?

my dog is black, but you can see brindle flecks in her coat in sunlight. i have no hair, and look very different to her, not just on account of that, but because i am a human, not a dog. The key differences to the untrained observer are that humans have oposeable thumbs, the ability to speak, are bipeds, and dont have tails, though we do have tail bones. Thats interesting isnt it, and I suppose a dogs dew claws could be seen as thumb like, but dont help them draw, or shoot, or press a button to detonate a nuclear bomb.
Thats a myth actually. Nuclear weapons need numerous authorisation codes and the agreement and cooperation of many relevant people to deploy, so dogs needn't feel short changed on the ability to start armageddon, they have as little chance as any one individual human being. Thats just as well too, because dogs fight over silly things, like territory and food. Come to think of it, there isnt much difference at all, apart from fur, and cars, and candyfloss, though dogs like candy floss, they cant eat it, but humans like fur and cant grow it. Both seem to like riding round in cars. See? our differences are actually similarities, apart from poo. Dogs like to eat poo, humans dont- except for my pal Timothy, but then he has never wanted to be kissed so I guess its ok.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/15/06 10:16 AM

There seems to be no discernible pattern to whether or not I tuck my shirt in when I'm not working.
Posted by: RazorFoot

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/15/06 10:31 AM

Toilet paper roll, top feed or bottom feed? Top feed just seems easier to use.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/15/06 10:40 AM

cord, that was stuningly boring. The sad part is, recognizing the framework of that post to match some of the drivel I've come up with in other threads, without even trying to be boring.
lol

on topic, here is what a circle class looks like in C++ programming:
Quote:

/* Class Circle */

class Circle : public Shape
{
public:
Circle (int initx, int inity, int initr);
virtual void Draw ();
virtual void MoveTo (int newx, int newy);
virtual void RMoveTo (int dx, int dy);
virtual void SetRadius (int newRadius);

private:
int x, y;
int radius;
};

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/15/06 11:35 AM

Try counting nose hairs.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/15/06 07:52 PM

It's easier to count once you've pulled them out.
Posted by: Mr_Heretik

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/15/06 09:37 PM

Quote:

It's easier to count once you've pulled them out.

That is such a painful process...

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/15/06 09:38 PM

There are lots of different ways to count to 50. You could start successively at 1 (1,2,3,4, etc). You could count backwards from 100. (99,98,97,96, etc). You could start at 50, alternating high and lower numbers for 12.5 increments each way, then come back (50,51,49,52,48....62.5,37.5,61,38,60,39, etc), in various ways of addition (1+0=1, 1+1=2, 1+3=4, etc), by multiples of 5 (5,10,15,20, etc)

BTW Ed, this thread seems to be failing miserably at it's intended purpose.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/15/06 09:38 PM

The things we do for beauty...
Posted by: wristtwister

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/15/06 10:30 PM

I'm going outside to listen to my car rust...

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/15/06 11:23 PM

in the US, we dial "911" for emergency - but in Japan, they dial "119".

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/16/06 01:24 AM

Boring thread eh?

and

and

and

and

and

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/16/06 02:45 AM

I'm having spaghetti for lunch tonight. Yes,lunch at night.I work graveyard and I drive 45 minutes to work,yeehaw.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/16/06 07:19 AM

7:16 am Weather

Currently: 56° Dewpoint: 52°
Barometer: 30.08 in and rising Wind: calm
Humidity: 87% Sunrise: 5:13 am
Visibility: 10 mi Sunset: 8:29 pm

Today: Sunshine to start, then a few afternoon clouds. High around 85F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/16/06 08:50 AM

Daily, I am measuring the build up of dust on my furniture. I plan on building a chart with the information to let me know what point of the year is maximum dust accumulation time. It factors in humidity, air flow, room activity, and overall outdoor air quality.

I will post the entire 200 page report here on the forum once I have it completed.

Scottie

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/16/06 10:31 AM

I am thinking about changing the blade height on my lawn mower. Perhaps I could just weed-whack my entire lawn without needing to use the mower. My weed-whacker doesn't have a strap, though. Gets kind of heavy after a while.

I leave the grass clippings on the lawn for mulch. I just sprayed some weed killer, and next week I will fertilize.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/16/06 10:52 AM

Come and do mine Matt. If you leave now then you should be here by the middle of next week. Thanks a bunch.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/16/06 11:10 AM

you KNOW this will be a waste of 1 minute in your life...but yet, you'll watch the whole thing anyway:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8489750390573258230&q=boring

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/16/06 11:33 AM

WHAT ... that wasn't boring. A gold fish swimming around a fish tank with its mouth moving ... man that rocked.

http://images.google.ca/images?q=tbn:sbV...ddle_finger.jpg

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/16/06 11:49 AM

Sheesh, that was boring, I mean that poor fish had nothing to do. At least put some plants in there, man, and some background. And the light was so dim, he needs to get a flourescent light. Not to mention that-if it lives long enough-that fish will get too big for the tank.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/16/06 01:58 PM

I know this is too exciting for this thread but I am making anagrams out of the chemical symbols for inert gases on the periodic table in my cubicle. Helium (He) and Argon (Ar) work for hear & hare.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/16/06 02:53 PM

Scottie, you are stuck in a cubicle too, so what do you do that you have periodic tables?

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/16/06 03:11 PM

Safety for a government contractor. The table is for chemicals I may have to deal with.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/16/06 04:23 PM

"May" have to deal with ... I got your chemicals baby ... work for a chemical company.

Case anybody complains about derailing the thread, can you honestly say this is exiting?

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/16/06 04:36 PM

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/16/06 09:30 PM

I keep the air pressure in my car's tires pretty steady at around 35 psi. (front and back)

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/17/06 02:09 AM

2 hours of my work day is spent watching 40+ people sleep.
Posted by: adaca

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/17/06 02:46 AM

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6839543456203292758&q=salsa

Just in case your getting bored

Well he is wearing a gi?
She isnt?
Posted by: adaca

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/17/06 04:58 AM

Hypothetical martial arts orientated boring mental maths.

Or how to be a referee.

A Hypothetical Maths question

A female karate-ka agrees to have a full contact bare knuckle sparring session with a famous male street fighter.

The sparring session takes place in a posh dojo with mirrors and mats.

It will be under the close scrutiny of a referee from a Ju Jitsu/J.K.D/ wrestling background.

The karate girl uses cod liver oil as a supplement.
She trains very hard in trad karate taking the technique from kata and practicing them.

Because the female karate ka is dubious(means she doesn’t trust the way the clicker system works) about the clicker system the referee want’s to use she thinks

“Aw what the hell” I will knock him out.

The two get the signal from the ref to start the sparring session.

The two combatants(fighters) throw a total of ten punches before the street fighter is indeed knocked out by the karate ka (female)with an accumulation of punches.

(Accumilation means a lot of punches)

During the sparring session the karate- ka female had thrown four more punches than the famous legend of a street fighter.

The question’s are

How many punches did he throw if she threw 4 more than him?

How many punches did she throw?

Does cod liver oil as a supplement make you faster at punching?

Ous!!!!

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/17/06 07:23 AM

hypothetical solution:

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/17/06 08:40 AM

Boring imagery -

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/17/06 10:43 AM

I am at work.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/18/06 05:26 AM

She threw 7, he threw 3. Can be worked out algabraically....

10 = x + (x-4)
14 = 2x
x = 7

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/18/06 05:33 AM

'Boxer shorts' look nothing like a boxers shorts.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/18/06 09:37 AM

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=18062

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/18/06 11:35 AM

Great game!! Completed on my first attempt with no energy to spare... Dont know if that's to be proud of but can anyone match that??

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/20/06 11:29 AM

Currently in the process of making home made snow flakes to see if I can make two exactly alike.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/22/06 03:30 PM

People are apparently bored with this thread. Now that IS ironic, lol.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/22/06 06:52 PM

How do you make snowflakes?

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/22/06 07:01 PM

My wife and I just got back from going out to dinner. We went to a place we have been before. We got meals that we have had before. There was no problem with the bill. The drive home was uneventful.

She is watching TV now.
Posted by: Mr_Heretik

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/22/06 07:04 PM

I had a nice dream today, but then I forgot it.
Posted by: Leo_E_49

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/22/06 08:49 PM

*yawn*

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/23/06 08:01 AM

*yawn* Hey, cut that out! You will have us all doing that.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/23/06 08:13 AM

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/23/06 10:51 AM

For the record, I yawned and then sipped my English Tea. Its in a red cup and has one sugar.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/23/06 04:29 PM

I am sitting here measuring the dB level of the hum from the lights above my cube.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/23/06 04:56 PM

I came went to lunch with a co-worker, had a few drinks and came back to work late. Sitting here bored and feels like something is brewing in my stomach and wants to work its way out. Have to train somebody now to cover for me when I'm on holidays. Fun fun.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/27/06 01:39 PM

There are 104 keys and 3 lights on my keyboard.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/27/06 04:27 PM

Damn dude! That really is boring!

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/27/06 06:03 PM

This thread is just too boring to read so I scroll down to the bottom and just exit out.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/27/06 09:27 PM

the time right now is 9:26pm EST.

[edit] oops 9:27pm
Posted by: still wadowoman

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/28/06 03:43 AM

I have spilt tea down my blue tee shirt so replaced it with a black one - but now I am wondering whether I should have gone for a green one. I may change it once I've taken my daughter to school or I may not. I'll keep you posted.
Sharon

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/28/06 04:48 AM

Quote:

There are 104 keys and 3 lights on my keyboard.

MIne also has three lights but 105 keys. Two possible explainations: either you can't count or mine is a superior English model

Tee shirt update: I have decided to stay with the black one. I might wear the green one tomorrow.
Sharon
Posted by: Mike_L

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/28/06 04:55 AM

I have to read a book on science and communications circuits and projects:

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/28/06 09:18 AM

Quote:

MIne also has three lights but 105 keys. Two possible explainations: either you can't count or mine is a superior English model

Actually, your extra button is the "English Translation" button. When you cant figure out how to do simple things like figure out the time difference between the US and England or get a marquee to scroll, you press it and it calls you a "Bloody Moron". We dont need it here because we have no problem with simple tasks.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/28/06 09:23 AM

Two words FP, "Bath" and "Towels" - you have been warned

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/28/06 09:25 AM

You guys are going to drive me to a nunnery!

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/28/06 09:33 AM

Quote:

Two words FP, "Bath" and "Towels" - you have been warned

Scottie, if this is the old bath towel holder trick, don't worry, we've all done it.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/28/06 09:36 AM

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/29/06 01:00 AM

Now show her the propellor.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/29/06 01:16 AM

My sunburn is starting to peel. I wonder how big of a piece I get get off.
Posted by: Mike_L

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/29/06 01:22 AM

Gross dude!

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/30/06 01:28 PM

Including the "post icon" section, there are 93 icons/graemlins on the reply screen.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/30/06 01:56 PM

Which is almost as boring as having to find them, and then add them to the system.

Trust me on this.

BTW -

I currently have a pen and a set of keys in my LF pocket.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/30/06 02:03 PM

The local milk company delivers pool water. The price (US) is $250/6000 gallons. Nonrefundable if your pool blows out during delivery.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/30/06 02:17 PM

clip of a stranger showing ultrasound pictures of a woman we don't know:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpXMN_hv_pU&search=ultrasound

...there are 186 similar clips on youtube. watching them all would take about 3 hours, which would be waaay over and above the minimum requirements of 'boring'.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/30/06 03:00 PM

I am right handed but wear my watch on my right wrist and the finger print on my pointing finger of my left hand swirls in the opposite direction of the finger print on all the other fingers on that hand.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/30/06 03:12 PM

When washing my hair I only ever find it necessary to shampoo once, despite instructions to lather, rinse and repaeat as needed.
Sharon

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/30/06 03:13 PM

It is dangerous to shave chest hair, even if you only have two of them. You should simply pluck them out.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/30/06 03:46 PM

Does this have something to do with Sharon?

Sharon, let's hear you purr.
Posted by: Tom02143

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/30/06 04:23 PM

i have a blue chair in my home office. my desk is brown.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 06/30/06 04:37 PM

I was trying to decide the worst 70's song:

* "Disco Duck" - Rick Dees
* "Midnight At The Oasis" Maria Muldar
* "Sing A Song" - Carpenters
* "Feelings" - Morris Albert
* "Muskrat Love" Captain and Tennille
* "Afternoon Delight" - Starland Vocal Band
* "Up, Up and Away in My Beautiful Balloon" - The 5th Dimension

...and I couldn't decide.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 07/01/06 01:23 AM

Ed, I grew up on a lot of those songs and own most of these in 45's. Dam you Ed, dam you to hell.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 07/01/06 05:23 AM

Quote:

Does this have something to do with Sharon?

Sharon, let's hear you purr.

Derek, I can assure you that I have absolutely no chest hair - Scott is referring to another forum member who had a vey nasty accident shaving their chest which involved the accidental partial removal of a nipple.

This story is far too funny for the boring thread so I cannot elaborate any further.
Sharon

Re: A Boring Thread... - 07/01/06 07:23 PM

Quote:

Derek, I can assure you that I have absolutely no chest hair - Scott is referring to another forum member who had a vey nasty accident shaving their chest which involved the accidental partial removal of a nipple.

This story is far too funny for the boring thread so I cannot elaborate any further.
Sharon

Sharon, I wasn't referring to you having chest hair, I was refering maybe you shaved Scottie. And the purr thing was reference to a cat and using their claws to settle in to make themselves comfortable ... such as making yourself cozy on Scottie's chest.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 07/01/06 07:53 PM

Re: A Boring Thread... - 07/01/06 10:03 PM

Speaking of razors,

last year Procter & Gamble Co. purchased Gillette for $57-billion. Since then, P&G shares have risen 6.6 per cent in the past 12 months.

P&G originally made their fortune with products made from animal fat.

maybe next year will be the invention of a fat reducing razor.
Posted by: iaibear

Re: A Boring Thread... - 07/02/06 11:26 AM

Now that the cat is gone, there are a wood chuck, a rabbit, and eleven squirrels in the back yard. Six of the squirrels are black and the other five are gray.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 07/03/06 09:21 AM

Quote:

Speaking of razors,

last year Procter & Gamble Co. purchased Gillette for $57-billion. Since then, P&G shares have risen 6.6 per cent in the past 12 months.

P&G originally made their fortune with products made from animal fat.

maybe next year will be the invention of a fat reducing razor.

Even more amazing, this Razor used to work for P&G for 15 years.

FREAKY MAN!

"The truth is out there"

*Erie Sci-Fi Music in Background*

I have 72 paper clips in my magnetic paper clip holder.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 07/03/06 09:39 AM

Quote:

I have 72 paper clips in my magnetic paper clip holder.

and obviously way too much time on your hands
Sharon
Posted by: Leo_E_49

Re: A Boring Thread... - 07/03/06 10:28 AM

Quote:

i have a blue chair in my home office. my desk is brown.

What a coincidence... my desk is brown too.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 07/03/06 10:30 AM

I have a stainless steel countertop as a desk, and a really uncomfortable stool to sit on at work.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 07/03/06 11:28 AM

Try sitting on it with the legs pointed DOWN.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 02/24/07 01:44 PM

Just checked in to see if anything was going on here.

*sigh*

Nope. Oh well.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 02/24/07 05:26 PM

the dull life of a city stockbroker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdEVWlnWc7s

Re: A Boring Thread... - 07/21/07 09:30 AM

Hey guys!! I.......I.......Damn. Sorry, can't think of anything good to add.

Never mind.
Posted by: Taison

Re: A Boring Thread... - 07/21/07 10:38 AM

Tried playing wow but my internet provider kept disconnecting me because their services are crap.

So I'm sitting here listening to music waiting for my internet to start working properly.

-Taison out
Posted by: crablord

Re: A Boring Thread... - 07/21/07 01:14 PM

was playing fear but then I shat myself and had to turn it off, so I went on this instead.

The Nutritional information on my pack of chips reads:

3.7 g protein
16.7 g fat total
24.7 g carbohydrate
372 mg sodium
1100 kj energy.
Posted by: clmibb

Re: A Boring Thread... - 07/21/07 02:01 PM

Quote:

anyone care to share the nicknames of their plants?

Don't have nicknames for my plants eventhough this has sparked me to think about doing so. I'll name my Confederate Jasmine - Rebel Blue.

Quote:

want to argue the logic of window vs. isle seats?

I personally prefer window seats. I like to watch the clouds go by. Not only that but if I don't give myself something to do then I wind up talking to people who may not like to talk

Quote:

how long DOES latex paint take to dry on a concrete floor?

Depends on the humidity.

Quote:

- Reminiscing with strangers.

Have you been to Texas? That's all we do!
Quote:

- Favorite belt colors and headbands.

It really makes no difference to me as long as they match.
Quote:

- hypothetical things that could go wrong while fishing.[

My cousin had a hook (the three pronged kind) hook his hand and my sister had one get her in the back.
Quote:

- download hours of .mpegs showing my bottle cap collection.

Bring it on. I'll show wedding videos and HOURS of videos of my kiddos.
Quote:

- what product do YOU use to clean the dojo mirrors?

I use a vinegar and water mixture (about a 1:1 ratio) and a hankercheif. The vinegar also acts as a odor neutralizer (for the air not the mirrors). Works well on anything that you don't want to have streaks (stainless steel, windows, mirrors)
Quote:

- I lost my godan certificate, but I still have the receipt - please advise.

Contact the head of your organization. S/He should have record of it also and be able to ship you a new one.

Quote:

How often do you clip your toenails? (should I have done this question with a poll?)

As often as they need to be clipped. Usually once I can feel an egde on them.

Casey

Re: A Boring Thread... - 07/21/07 08:55 PM

My new favorite flavor of ice cream is apple pie made by Creamy Creations. It was 1905 vanilla also by Creamy Creations.
Posted by: Bushi_no_ki

Re: A Boring Thread... - 07/22/07 02:47 AM

Window vs. Aisle- After flying over the Grand Canyon, I would have to prefer window seats these days.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 07/22/07 02:52 AM

I've been starving for a day because I'm too lazy to get up, put on a t-shirt, walk downstairs and order food from the restaurant. I wish I had a girl-friend who could do that instead of me, but sigh, I guess I'll have to starve until I stop being lazy.

-Taison out
Posted by: crablord

Re: A Boring Thread... - 07/22/07 02:59 AM

I live with my mates.

They cook

Re: A Boring Thread... - 07/22/07 01:52 PM

Quote:

I live with my mates.

They cook

Of course they cook for your crab, they like your sexy shaved legs.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 07/22/07 01:59 PM

With black socks.

-Taison out
Posted by: ScottO

Re: A Boring Thread... - 07/22/07 08:04 PM

Wanna hear something funny? Today's been a slow day, so I just thought, "Hey, why not check out what productive things are being talked about down at the FA forums."

Then I came across this thread. Man, I love you all.

I actually just got these cool blue socks. Yes, blue. I feel like a different person in them. I'm sitting on the couch going, "Why am I watching Sabrina The Teenage Witch? I have blue socks on. I should go do blue-sock stuff."

Though I have yet to find out what that is.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 07/22/07 11:25 PM

I think tomorrow I'll go out for breakfast. There's a wonderful Mexican food restaurant down the road from me and they have the BEST huevos con nopales taquitos. Think I'll wash it down with horchata. MMMMM can't wait for tomorrow!

Casey

Re: A Boring Thread... - 07/22/07 11:27 PM

Mexican food...

I need to try that someday.

-Taison out
Posted by: grumbleweed

Re: A Boring Thread... - 07/23/07 05:12 AM

I'll be staying with my mate in southern california (south central los angeles to be precise ) for seven days in november, be hard to avoid it

Re: A Boring Thread... - 10/26/07 10:15 AM

If you're real quiet, you can hear the lights hum.

Both my pinky fingers bend away from the rest of my fingers at the tip.

My kitchen and bathroom are roughly the same size.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 10/26/07 01:17 PM

I can hear my fridge humming at night and hate it.

Our alarm clock has to be on my wife's side of the bed as I can hear the hum of the electricity which drives me nuts. I wake up before she does so she has to shut it off.

I will only allow our ceiling fan on maximum due to on the two lower speeds I can hear the hum of the electricity.

I hate listening to people eat. If we are all eating it is fine but if somebody is eating by themselves I want to strangle them; especially crunchy stuff. I want to choke that kid in the McCain Fries commercial. I want to choke the people in the cubicals beside me.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 10/26/07 01:26 PM

I don't keep any money in my wallet. Or in my pockets. I don't have much money.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 10/26/07 01:33 PM

I know ... I took your wallet and all I found was an unused condom from the late 80's. By the way it crumbled when I opened it. Now at least you won't have the circle in the back of your pants pocket.

Don't carry much money myself as I am a debit freak.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 10/26/07 01:56 PM

Hey, that wasn't Matt's wallet, that was mine! I was gonna have that bronzed.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 10/26/07 02:08 PM

I don't carry cash either. I saved up $300 to go see a friend of mine in Alabama and put it all on a Visa gift card. I was going to be driving with two kids for 16 hours and I didn't want to take the kids out of the car everytime I filled up the car. Yeah I drove by myself across 4 states with two kids in the car, I'm crazy!

Dereck I can hear electricity hum too and it drives me nuts! The alarm clock is on my side of the bed because my husband will turn it off and not get out of bed.

Casey

Re: A Boring Thread... - 10/26/07 02:12 PM

Razor, both my bathrooms, my closet, and one of the walls in my son's room are all the same length. I've been in my house too long. It feels like it's time to move.

Casey

Re: A Boring Thread... - 10/26/07 03:02 PM

Shhhhh! Hear that...hmmmmmmmmmm. Electrical humming has been sited as one of the factors leading to serial pillow fighting. Truly too annoying for words.

I have one long fingernail. All the others I bite off. Don't know why.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 10/26/07 04:29 PM

I cut my finger nails still with my teeth. Toes, I use a clipper. My wife hates it and always jokes that I probably chew my toe nails too. Heck, if I could reach my toes with my mouth that would be a miracle ... and if I could I probably wouldn't be chewing toe nails.

Posted by: aikiuke

Re: A Boring Thread... - 10/28/07 06:36 PM

Skipped judo again today... I need to not be lazy I guess... Maybe tomorrow I'll go.

Watching the "Heroes" marathon on G4. It's addicting...

Wondering if I should be writing this in my blog instead of here... All well, no one reads that anyway.

My dad just walked in with his pants pulled up as high as they can go. My mom said he reminded her of her old lady teacher friend.

Yep... Toenails and fingernails I tend to trim often and keep short, or else I am too tempted to bite them... Fingernails That is...

Re: A Boring Thread... - 10/28/07 10:31 PM

Switch is a really hard word to guess in hangman, because it's got such an unusal structure (6 letters and only one vowel). Give it a try.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 10/28/07 11:06 PM

Hangman is of the devil. I think I might have one once.

I suck at spelling. One time in the 7th grade I almost won the class spelling bee but decided I didn't want to have to go somewhere school related after school [or on a Saturday or whatever] so instead of even trying to get the word right, my answer was "abcdefg".

Re: A Boring Thread... - 10/29/07 06:23 AM

I need to get a girl-friend asap.

Going to the cinemas alone just sucks. Aiki, you up for it?

-Taison out

Re: A Boring Thread... - 10/29/07 12:42 PM

If not, I rent Matt out for parties and socials. 4 hour minimum and he better have all my money when he gets back!

Re: A Boring Thread... - 10/29/07 05:23 PM

Quote:

Hangman is of the devil. I think I might have one once.

Dang it, I thought I fixed that stupid "one" to "won"
...Just proves I can't think and watch TV at the same time.

Quote:

Going to the cinemas alone just sucks. Aiki, you up for it?

haha, don't think I can afford flying to Thailand to go watch movies with you Taison, maybe you can make a deal with Razorfoot for Matt, lol.

Wow, my sis just changed the channel and Bill Nye "the Science Guy" is on this "most stupidest model" show on VH1...pshh Bill, what will you do next... I used to look up to you!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/04/07 07:23 PM

I got permabanned on another forum...yup.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/05/07 01:02 AM

*Bans Glm*

Now you're permabanned on this one as well!

MUHAHAHA!

J/K.

-Taison out

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/05/07 09:21 AM

I have filled two steno pads in the last week with work related issues and tasks I need to complete, yea!

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/05/07 02:28 PM

I'm in a class in which I came about 10 mins late to...
woot.
man, I need a car...

The instructor just stopped talking...
I wonder if the class is supposed to be doing something now...
Awkward turtle.
Posted by: Reiki

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/05/07 02:50 PM

I crash tested my new 15th C armour by accident the weekend before last.

CLUNK!

I came off at warp speed when my steed threw a monumental wobbly / hissyfit.

yes you can do breakfalls and rolls in armour and I did one judging by the line of dirt in all the right places. Can't honestly remember doing it but it is a pretty automatic reaction whenever I am falling to try and roll and breakfall.

Saw stars & felt dizzy for a few moments and had to roll onto my knees to catch my breath.

The only bad bit was getting my left foot stuck in the stirrup as I was coming off and I think I cracked several bones in my foot judging by all the black and sore bits.

Its going down now but meant I couldn't kick to save myself all last week and have only just started getting my balance back on that leg this week. To top it off I injured my other hip joint a day later in a couple of freak accidents involving large cardboard boxes and a door frame.

Note to self to remember to check first if cardboard box will fit through door instead of trying to dislocate leg when it gets stuck!

The armour hadnt been tempered yet so our armourer had to re-adjust the curves on it after I had mangled his work.

We are doing a display on Thursday so hope it all comes right before then!

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/05/07 05:37 PM

Quote:

*Bans Glm*

Now you're permabanned on this one as well!

MUHAHAHA!

J/K.

-Taison out

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/05/07 09:19 PM

Quote:

As long as it wasn't 4chan's /b/...

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/05/07 10:50 PM

There was this guy I new in High School.

Hmmmm?. I wonder what ever happened to him?

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/06/07 12:49 AM

oh yeah, I knew a guy in High School too...
hmm...
yeah, knowing people is good... You should try it some time.

Oh! and peanut butter covered marshmallows are good too.

My friend said she tried to make a taco out of a waffle once... It didn't turn out to be too good she said... Waffles are too sweet and plus the texture is all wrong.

hmm... I wonder why milk goes so well with chocolate... and peanut butter...

Wow, thanks to firefox spell check, I just realized that "peanut butter" is two words...

My mom used to think "chest of drawers" was "chesterdrawers" until she married my dad and he asked her, "Who is Chester and why do you have his drawers?"

Sad... no more fire in the fireplace...

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/06/07 02:17 PM

Why is it that if your boss says something to you that is non PC, it is okay for them but if you say something of the same nature to them, it is not acceptable?

Isn't power wonderful?

My nose itches.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/06/07 02:29 PM

Think booooring, people. We're getting off track and almost into interesting stuff here.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/06/07 04:22 PM

I hate it when people say "anyways" It's "anyway" people!
That s at the end is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/06/07 05:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

As long as it wasn't 4chan's /b/...

I've never been to /b/. I've only been to 4Chan once. It was...weird. Some of the people on the forum go to 4Chan. Some are /b/, but most of us hate /b/. Hell. I think /b/ said that we are making it decline or something like that.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/06/07 11:17 PM

I changed my MySpace song to the Texas Tornados "Uns Mas Cervesa". I might change it again, not sure right now.

Casey

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/07/07 01:52 PM

my nose still itches...

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/07/07 10:26 PM

I wonder what's at the other end of the rainbow?

-Taison out

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/08/07 05:36 PM

I'm eating Doritos.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/08/07 10:55 PM

I had a weird dream about elevators the other night...
Posted by: shills11

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/09/07 10:12 AM

I just Drank two pints of milk........now i feel it bit funny

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/09/07 08:18 PM

I just finished eating a sandwich that had lettuce, mayo, thin sliced chicken, butter and mustard.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/09/07 08:40 PM

HMMMMMM I had a bacon cheese burger for dinner. Not the healthiest thing I could have had but hey I'm not on a diet.

Casey

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/09/07 08:41 PM

Quote:

mayo, butter and mustard.

No......no sir. Try again.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/09/07 09:24 PM

I just ate some cookie dough ice cream. I was thinking, it's dough alright, but they never intended it to be made into cookies. It's not like they didn't plan to put it in ice cream from the beginning. My point is they should cal it "ice cream dough." Plain and simple.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/09/07 10:31 PM

My throat hurts. If it doesn't feel better by Monday, I'm going to call my doc.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/10/07 11:28 AM

Played Call of Duty 4 till 5:00 AM and had to get up at 9:00 AM as I have class at 10:00 AM .... in 32 minutes.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/10/07 11:48 AM

Quote:

My throat hurts. If it doesn't feel better by Monday, I'm going to call my doc.

Perhaps you should write him a note instead.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/10/07 01:32 PM

Quote:

I just ate some cookie dough ice cream. I was thinking, it's dough alright, but they never intended it to be made into cookies. It's not like they didn't plan to put it in ice cream from the beginning. My point is they should cal it "ice cream dough." Plain and simple.

You think too much. I like that.
Posted by: Aeras

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/10/07 03:02 PM

Quote:

Played Call of Duty 4 till 5:00 AM and had to get up at 9:00 AM as I have class at 10:00 AM .... in 32 minutes.

I enjoy that you had enough time to stop by on your way to class and tell us that tid-bit.... .

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/10/07 07:04 PM

Throat still hurts. I have a massive headache, ears are stuffy and feel run down. Yeah I'm calling my doc Monday unless some miracle happens and I'm better by then. My daughter feels warm too. I may have to put myself on hold for her. UGH! I hate being sick! I hate it even more when the kids are sick.

Casey

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/11/07 09:47 AM

I have to iron today.

Casey

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/11/07 12:56 PM

I have to clean the bathrooms today.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/11/07 02:49 PM

Your welcome.

I'm eating the most amazing cinnamon bu n made by CinnZeo ... wow.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/12/07 01:39 AM

It thunder stormed here last night when it had been around 40 degrees F out all day. Today it probably was around 60 silly weather...

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/12/07 02:41 AM

HMMMMM today was 86. Not a drop from the sky. Reminds me...I need to water the yard. I'll do that tomorrow after I finish ironing and laundry.
Posted by: Aeras

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/13/07 10:42 AM

86? Really? wow.

28 degrees and snowing at the moment.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/13/07 10:53 AM

Watered my yard yesterday. Forgot the water was on and left it running for 3 hours. The next water bill is going to be fun.
Tomorrow's forcast is 90. A "cold front" is supposed to blow through Friday night dropping the high on Saturday to 80. I thought November was supposed to be cold. Well here at least cool. Oh well looks like it'll be another Christmas in shorts and tee shirts.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/13/07 05:40 PM

I need to pee.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/13/07 05:40 PM

And I just farted.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/13/07 06:25 PM

Was windy last night and into the morning; so bad it was ripping shingles and siding from houses especially new houses. It is currently 2C (35F). I'm tired as it is my first day back from holidays and I have to adjust to going to be early so I never slept at all last night due to sleep habits, wind and my brain wouldn't shut off.
Posted by: jakmak52

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/18/07 05:47 PM

How many fights YOU'VE lost?

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/19/07 11:11 AM

Only one or two in actual fights (our of 12 or 13) but many in training and competition.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/19/07 11:12 AM

Is there a standard for what a fight is? Is it simply any physical confrontation? Because in that case I've been in dozens.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/19/07 11:39 AM

I hate those tiny fruit flys.

I hate horse flys.

I hate flys.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/19/07 11:46 AM

"I know an old women who swallowed a fly ... I guess she'll die."

(Note: You may have to be older to understand this)

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/19/07 11:51 AM

And now, I do truly feel old...

No wait, I forgot. I stopped aging to wait for Dereck and Matt to catch up.

Whew! That was close.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/19/07 02:36 PM

I know an old lady who swallowed a spider to catch the fly. It wiggled, and wriggled, and tickeled inside her.

Casey

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/19/07 04:24 PM

Correction Casey ...

"I know an old women who swallowed a spider; that wiggled and giggled and tickled inside her. She swallowed the spider to catch the fly, but I don't know why she swallowed the fly ... I guess she'll die"

As for Scottie ... don't wait too long for us to catch up.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/19/07 04:48 PM

LOL that's the way it goes! I have the tune stuck in my head now. Thanks, Dereck.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/19/07 04:53 PM

Any time Casey, any time. PM me if you want the rest of the song.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/20/07 12:22 PM

No no no I was cleaning the yard of kid's toys and remembered that a bird was next, then a cat, dog, goat, cow, and finally a horse. She died of course!

For those who have no clue what we are talking about.....enjoy! http://youtube.com/watch?v=YPAGJgCsFWY Oh and Dereck, it's lady not woman

Casey

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/20/07 12:51 PM

I am wearing this black shirt today that is about the dust-catchingest thing ever. It's like wearing a Swiffer.

Particles actually STUCK IN the fabric. Geez. They should make mops so good.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/20/07 12:58 PM

I had my truck damage appraised today, then I came to work.
Front left fender,front bumper,grille, front left wheel, front left side markers,and paint. Stupid flatbed trailers!!

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/20/07 01:00 PM

Quote:

I am wearing this black shirt today that is about the dust-catchingest thing ever. It's like wearing a Swiffer.

Its not the shirt, its your magnetic persona...nope, my bad. It's the shirt.

Just being a arse.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/20/07 01:07 PM

Quote:

I had my truck damage appraised today, then I came to work.
Front left fender,front bumper,grille, front left wheel, front left side markers,and paint. Stupid flatbed trailers!!

That blows. I work in the auto industry, and I would guess that would cost at least $1K in parts, plus the paint and labor. $3K or so altogether? Depends on what kind of truck you have, though. Full-size or smaller? Trim level makes a difference, too. Alloy wheels are much more expensive than steel, etc.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/20/07 01:59 PM

We may have to change the name of this thread. This is getting down right interesting.

Sorry to hear about the truck Brian. I know how painful it was for me to have $520 pulled out of my pocket by ATT for some BS, but to have to put out that kind of money for a vehicle repair, ouch!

My finances would be devastated beyond repair if that happened to me now. I hope you are in a better place than me. Good luck bud.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/20/07 03:13 PM

Thanks for that Matt and Scottie. I didn't mean to ruin the thread though,lol.

It's a 95' GMC Sierra Ext. cab stepside,burgandy,alloy wheels,tinted windows,5.7liter 350 V8, 167,800 miles, and it's mine all mine!!

It MAY be worth about $4k in good condition. I have a $500 deductible,that's all I have to fork out. Fortunately,my job wants me to live here. Double time and a half for this friday!!
I know,more taxes!!

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/20/07 06:13 PM

Quote:

No no no I was cleaning the yard of kid's toys and remembered that a bird was next, then a cat, dog, goat, cow, and finally a horse. She died of course!

For those who have no clue what we are talking about.....enjoy! http://youtube.com/watch?v=YPAGJgCsFWY Oh and Dereck, it's lady not woman

Casey

Casey, when I think of this I always think of this Muppet version. I remember watching this when I was younger, perhaps Grade 5. The women lived in a shoe ... lady swallowed the fly; thanks.

Brian, sorry to hear about the truck accident. I know what it feels like having had a few accidents in my life. Also my wife last year had a pretty bad one writing off her car. Thankfully after the deductible the insurance actually paid us more then what the car was worth if we were going to sell it for; we were thinking of buying a new vehicle this year. We had to last year but having been put through this plus my wife still being a little hesitate to drive on icy roads was and still isn't a good thing. Not to mention the raised insurance rates ... who cares that we had no previous accidents or tickets on our record for over 17 years. Hope things get better for you.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/21/07 11:51 AM

Today I woke up a little congested and with a sore throat. I think the weather is going to change soon. UGH. I don't feel well...

Casey

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/21/07 03:09 PM

I woke up on Saturday starting something and Sunday it hit. Wednesday today and even worse and I'm giving up and going to the doctors at 3:00 today. It seems over the last 9+ months I have never really gotten rid of this.
Posted by: Ironfoot

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/21/07 03:44 PM

I'd have to classify a fight as punches being thrown in malice. I probably lost a third of the 30 or so fights I had as a kid, since I often found myself pitted against older, larger foes. Even losing seemed more interesting than figuring out how many paperclips are in my desk drawer, or how often I clip my toenails...

I'm so bored, I'm reading THIS thread!

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/24/07 01:12 PM

Because you have nothing better to do for the next 55 seconds... http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1435088

Casey

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/24/07 03:05 PM

I actually watched the whole thing. I love cats.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/24/07 03:46 PM

I just realized today is Saturday. I thought it was Sunday.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/25/07 05:40 PM

I have a fever, I hurt all over, and I'm very weak and dizzy...I have to work 5-10:30. This sucks.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/25/07 06:15 PM

My girlfriend is having her step dad come get her and bring her all the way from one town over to work my shift. I love her!

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/25/07 09:19 PM

I'm in your Internets, posting in your thread.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/25/07 10:28 PM

That was such a boring, waste of a post. Fantastic!
Except saying internets is mildly funny and interesting (even though it's been overused horrendously since it's first use by the infamous Dubya).

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/26/07 08:38 AM

If water has no taste, how come different waters (bottled included) taste...well, different.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/26/07 09:08 AM

Do you want an honest answer?

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/26/07 09:49 AM

Sure. Hit me!

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/26/07 10:03 AM

LOL Distilled water (which we shouldn't drink) doesn't have a taste however spring water, filtered water, etc. has different minerals in it. The different tastes come from the different sources and the different mineral levels. Make sense?

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/26/07 11:13 AM

I love the taste of water. I'd rather drink water over anything else. My daughter drinks only water as she dislikes pop (soda).

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/26/07 11:21 AM

Guess I'm lucky...we have well water. Tapped into the source...so to speak.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/26/07 12:27 PM

Harlan, you could consider well water filtered as well. It's filtered through porous rock(limestone is common). Yeah I know, I'm a nerd!

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/26/07 01:19 PM

And you made fun of Cord, Dereck, and me for our sword & sorcery thread? Science nerd, science nerd, nah nah na nah nah!

Sorry, most mature reply I could come up with on the spot and yeah, I kinda figured that's what it was but was bored and wanted to post. Sometimes the different filtering media adds a slight but distinct taste as well, depending on what is used.
Posted by: Ironfoot

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/26/07 02:32 PM

Recent studies show how many adults get a THIRD of their caloric intake from what they drink (not suprising when you consider heavy drinkers), and that your body doesn't feel as full from the beverages as it does from solid food. So keep drinking that water. Even that {urp} well water, harlan.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/26/07 05:36 PM

Quote:

And you made fun of Cord, Dereck, and me for our sword & sorcery thread?

Yeah I beleive I called you guys dorks but I could be wrong. There's a difference between dorks and nerds.

Quote:

Science nerd, science nerd, nah nah na nah nah!

UMMM that's Ultra Nerd to you!

Hey who ever adds the smilies....we need a Superman type of smilie.

edited for spelling

Re: A Boring Thread... - 11/27/07 01:32 PM

Thanks for fixing my spelling mistake Scottie! I saw it after my time limit was up to edit my post.

UGH! All I want to do is breathe! Friggin allergies!

Re: A Boring Thread... - 12/07/07 12:41 AM

I just put towels in the dryer. I think I'm going to start a load of jeans.

Casey

Re: A Boring Thread... - 12/07/07 12:44 AM

12:45 AM, at work, in my office. Nuff Said.

Third shift sucks but hey, what can you do. Only here once a month for a week and it means Friday off so, could be worse. Three day weekend kinda but too tired to enjoy the Friday, lol.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 12/09/07 11:11 PM

Today I found out that it's not "all well" it's "oh well"

Re: A Boring Thread... - 12/10/07 02:41 PM

I just emptied my pockets. I have a pen, two pennies, a mint, and a set of hearing protection with an NRR of 29.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 12/19/07 11:17 AM

My boss is insane and is trying to take us down with her. She has a tendency to over react to things, calm down, and then come back and act like nothing happened or it was your fault she over reacted. I am getting used to it but initially, it really used to freak me out.

Nothing like getting ripped a new one for nothing only to have someone come back and kinda apologize but insinuate that you caused their reaction in the first place. Weird.
Posted by: BodhiHuss

Re: A Boring Thread... - 12/19/07 12:39 PM

Chickens don't really have fingers. That's right. Everytime you order chicken "fingers" you are being lied to. Is anyone interested in a class action lawsuit against Applebee's? What about Ruby Tuesday's?

Re: A Boring Thread... - 12/19/07 01:24 PM

Quote:

My boss is insane and is trying to take us down with her. She has a tendency to over react to things, calm down, and then come back and act like nothing happened or it was your fault she over reacted. I am getting used to it but initially, it really used to freak me out.

Nothing like getting ripped a new one for nothing only to have someone come back and kinda apologize but insinuate that you caused their reaction in the first place. Weird.

Scottie, I deal with some of the same people ... drives me nuts. Sometime I just hope that these people over-react to a point they have a heart attack so that they aren't able to work ... or have a nervous break down. But then I'd hate to see them suffer ... sort of .

Re: A Boring Thread... - 12/20/07 10:08 AM

Quote:

Chickens don't really have fingers. That's right. Everytime you order chicken "fingers" you are being lied to. Is anyone interested in a class action lawsuit against Applebee's? What about Ruby Tuesday's?

Which really makes you wonder what chicken "nuggets" are, eeeww.

Yeah Dereck, I would never wish something bad to happen to anyone but as we know, karma is a b!tch. And time wounds all heels so she has probably got hers coming. Trust in the powers that be.

Scottie

Re: A Boring Thread... - 03/05/08 01:02 PM

I wonder if I can claim I am the long lost king of Scotland? First order of business,new name for the country.

SCOTTIELAND, Aye, has a bonnie ring to'it.

Posted by: Craigm

Re: A Boring Thread... - 03/05/08 05:10 PM

Some of the worst mistakes of my life have been haircuts

Re: A Boring Thread... - 03/07/08 10:39 PM

I just spent the day at the spa.....AHHHHHHH!!!!!

Casey

Re: A Boring Thread... - 08/04/10 11:24 AM

UPDATE -

I tuck my shirt in most of the time now, even when I'm not working.
Posted by: bcihak

Re: A Boring Thread... - 08/04/10 03:35 PM

Do you put your right shoe on first or your left shoe?

Re: A Boring Thread... - 08/05/10 12:58 AM

How many times have you sung 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall?

Re: A Boring Thread... - 08/06/10 04:38 AM

I just peed.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 08/06/10 04:39 AM

And sneezed...

Re: A Boring Thread... - 08/06/10 08:52 AM

In that order?

Re: A Boring Thread... - 08/06/10 09:54 AM

I eat pizza at least once a week.

Re: A Boring Thread... - 08/06/10 11:15 AM

There is one pen on my desk.
Posted by: Kimo2007

Re: A Boring Thread... - 08/06/10 03:22 PM

The older I get...oh Sh**t what was I saying.