Your dream training session

Posted by: Steel91

Your dream training session - 05/25/06 02:50 PM

For just one week if you could choose anywhere in the world you wanted to train and what kind of training you would do and who (if anyone) you wanted to train with or train under, what would be your dream training session?
Posted by: Diabolic

Re: Your dream training session - 05/25/06 03:13 PM

Rio De Janero, Brazil (not spelled right) and just go to the local BJJ studios and watch 7r olds whoop me all over the mat.
Posted by: Cord

Re: Your dream training session - 05/25/06 05:43 PM

I would want to train with the WWE divas I could help them with numerous techniques I am sure

Hey, you did say 'dream training session'
Posted by: Tezza

Re: Your dream training session - 05/26/06 04:54 AM

Im with Cord on this one
Posted by: Diabolic

Re: Your dream training session - 05/26/06 06:14 AM

I hope cords wife inst a member If were headed this way with this, Ill train the cast of girls gone wild on the sports they have to do on that island against eachother. Its like friday night all day everyday.
Posted by: Tezza

Re: Your dream training session - 05/26/06 06:28 AM

Yeah you never know Cords missus could be a member and is planning something when you get home Cord so watch out. Seriously though if I could train with anyone I would love to go back in time and train under Yip Man. I think I would learn a thing or two from him.
Posted by: harlan

Re: Your dream training session - 05/26/06 08:00 AM

Dreams are too close to fantasies...and those I keep to myself.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Your dream training session - 05/26/06 09:18 AM

Here here Harlan.

I don't know much about history as that is not my thing. I'm a today person, in the now. I could not be more happier training with my Instructor and a few other people. I have had some opportunities to train with some impressive people with I'm sure more down the road. So if I had to pick some dream people to train with then it would be meeting and training with some of this forum's members.
Posted by: TimBlack

Re: Your dream training session - 05/26/06 09:46 AM

We are pretty dreamy
Posted by: onb

Re: Your dream training session - 05/26/06 09:52 AM

Dream training sessions huh? Well lets keep this one closer to a martial arts topic rather than turning it into a wet-dream training session. Geez, we're here for martial arts right? Not to become Ron Jeremy

The problem with most dream training scenarios is that I can dream of the perfect training location and regime but knowing my own strengths, endurance, and weaknesses, I'm not too sure I could perform well enough to truely appreciate it... and worse, disappoint myself, my sabamnim and which ever master I was visiting.

But, if given a choice and really I'm only pulling this one out as I am writing... I think I would want to train in one of the meditative arts (tai chi?) in a truely inspiring japanese/oriental style garden. Maybe I'd like that more just cuz I've been so busy here at work and haven't had a proper break in so long. A chance to clear the brain would be rather welcomed I think.

hmmm, I hear Lethbridge has an impressive Japanese garden. Perhaps MikeMartial or Dereck have been?

Re: Your dream training session - 05/26/06 10:03 AM

Drip.

In keeping with the FA.com get togethers, my dream training session would be the following:

Two weeks in New Zealand (Middle Earth) with the guys from FA.com and with each day organized around a style and led by a current 'big name'. Nights would be reserved for pub crawling and weekends for seeing the country.

Grappling, karate, meditation, jousting...heck...I'd never come back home!

Re: Your dream training session - 05/26/06 10:20 AM

harlan... that sounds awsome! If your threw "hobbit tossing" in there it would be just about perfect!

Re: Your dream training session - 05/26/06 10:23 AM

Quote:

Not to become Ron Jeremy

that would be awfull! I would hate to lose a couple of inches just so I could be like him

My WWE comment was pure humour (I actually find most of them a bit skanky).

As a serious answer, i would love to train with Benny Urquidez, Dan Inosanto, any/all of the Dog Brothers, and for conditioning, I would love to train with Sylvester Stallone- he is now utilising so much high end functional work in his routines, that we would make great training partners

Re: Your dream training session - 05/26/06 10:24 AM

Oh yes, there will time for: hobbit tossing, smoke ring blowing, 111 parties, fishing, daydreaming, riding horses, treasure hunts, battle re-enactments and sword training in various koryu (I get to be an elf or wizard)...and a tour of Jackson's studio. (Where's my Viggo...I gotta have Viggo.)

Re: Your dream training session - 05/26/06 10:31 AM

Harlan,

Viggo eh? He's nice to look at... but only if he's got his long Aragorn hair. If he's in his short cut "history of violence" hair... not as much.

Now Cate Blanchett... She's just fine!

Re: Your dream training session - 05/26/06 11:17 AM

Quote:

hmmm, I hear Lethbridge has an impressive Japanese garden. Perhaps MikeMartial or Dereck have been?

Mike lives in Lethbridge so I'm sure he's been there. I don't live to far, but onb it appears you are even closer then me. I actual have never even heard of it. I will keep this in mind and maybe this summer I will venture into Southern Alberta and take a look.
Posted by: Stormdragon

Re: Your dream training session - 05/26/06 12:39 PM

I'd train with lee Morrison, Carl Cestari, Mas Oyama, Randy Couture, Chuck Liddel, and Nathan Qarry. Now that would be a training session to end all training seesions. And of course I'd practice my wrestling with all the girls gone wild chicks... in a speedo and bakinis.

Re: Your dream training session - 05/26/06 01:22 PM

StormDragon, you in a bikini ... oooohhhhh!

Re: Your dream training session - 05/26/06 01:25 PM

Not me you dork!!! the Girls gone wild girls in bikinis, I'd have the speedo! as if that's any better. lol

Re: Your dream training session - 05/26/06 01:27 PM

Re: Your dream training session - 05/26/06 01:33 PM

although I have been told I have a pretty gorguouse body!

Re: Your dream training session - 05/26/06 01:34 PM

I see that we need a 'Tall Tales' thread.

Re: Your dream training session - 05/26/06 03:10 PM

Hey, i'm not kidding, this girl told me I have a gorgious body, honest!

Re: Your dream training session - 05/26/06 03:58 PM

Quote:

Hey, i'm not kidding, this girl told me I have a gorgious body, honest!

yes, but you would be amazed how low some peoples criteria are, I mean, some women fancy Gene Simmons for goodness sake
Posted by: Steel91

Re: Your dream training session - 05/26/06 11:29 PM

My mom is one of them

Re: Your dream training session - 05/28/06 10:34 PM

That's not fair! Thanks a lot, way to shoot down my bloated ego.