Fighting Arts Online tournament?

Posted by: Cord

Fighting Arts Online tournament? - 04/24/06 06:04 AM

Ok, i have no way of knowing if this could work, but here goes.

It has become clear we have quite a few gamers on here, is it worth taking a head count regarding those with xbox live/pS2 net play, capability, and from there organising an online Dead or Alive/Tekken tournament?

i am merely the ideas guy, I have no online game set up, but if someone here knows the logistics and how to set up such a thing, I suspect it would be quite a laugh.

Just a thought
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Fighting Arts Online tournament? - 04/24/06 09:24 AM

Have X-Box but neither of the games listed. Never done it live as I believe you have to pay a monthly fee to do so. It would be interesting to know more as I've never gone out on my own to discover this out, so those of you with knowledge should enlighten us. Thanks.
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: Fighting Arts Online tournament? - 04/24/06 03:31 PM

I'll look into it...I'm interested how the technology for it works.

isn't it just a matter of having an internet ready PS2 and then joining a member website, like Dereck mentioned?

if so, then no way. I wouldn't pay for that. I'm surprized no one has come up with a hack to be able to make their own website allowing at least 2 people to play...for free.
Posted by: imcrazy

Re: Fighting Arts Online tournament? - 04/24/06 05:03 PM

Actually they have Ed, but it works a little differently than you mentioned. And the PS2 has free online play, only xbox live costs money.

2 free online services for xbox:
http://www.xbconnect.com/

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/ (also works for other platforms, including PS2)
Posted by: Mr_Heretik

Re: Fighting Arts Online tournament? - 04/24/06 11:58 PM

I'm on Xbox Live but some of the people on it are sore losers. If I played a match where all I did was counter and I won I would get f-bombed..those n00bs!

XBL Gamertah: MastaPwnage

When I get the xbox360 and get better at doa..I'll try to go pro, not world class level...but on a national level.