BBQ Season has started, homemade marinades?

Posted by: Diabolic

BBQ Season has started, homemade marinades? - 04/21/06 04:19 PM

Well it is a nice sunny day here in California, the second day of straight sunshine in a about 2 months. Gonna go out and dust off the grill and throw some pork chops on. Lets share some backyard experience here..
Today I am using my marinade of garlic(1 whole clove crushed and diced), oregano(dont know how much but alot), soy sauce(1/2 cup), "cattlemens" bbq sauce(1 cup), and fresh ground pepper(about 1 tablespoon). Whats your favorite and for what kind of meat/fish?

P.S. I came to the general thread to make this post, and I find it hard to not troll and post on this damn forum, made like 4 posts heh.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: BBQ Season has started, homemade marinades? - 04/21/06 04:55 PM

Just dusting off the BBQ? I use mine all season round even in -40 C (-40 F) weather. In fact in the fall I fill up two bottles so I don't run out. Hate opening the gate to walk through snow that is hip deep to retrieve a bottle to go get it filled.

I love to marinade but usually I'm lazy and just buy the marinade packages. I like beef best marinaded and I usually buy Rib/Rib Eye steaks or sometimes T-Bones. I also like chicken and am really starting to like chicken with catalina dressing and wrapped in bacon.

Cattleman's BBQ Sauce? That stuff probably tastes like sawdust compared to Cattleboyz BBQ Sauce made in Calgary, Alberta where we know beef.
http://www.cattleboyzsauce.com/distributors.html