Always Been Pondering

Posted by: ScottO

Always Been Pondering - 04/16/06 01:25 AM

This is the thread to ask the questions you've always been wondering but never had anybody to ask.

They can be funny or deep. Doesn't matter. Let's try to answer them the best we can as a team. Uno unit. Singular groupage, aight? (?)

My question:

Whenever I'm feeling a bit down, I sometimes don't want to be cheered up at the moment. I feel as though I want to go more intense into the emotion. I'll accept help and advice but I won't take it seriously. I'm not a depressed mopy person. I'm overall very "bright" and always thinking positive, I guess. Any thoughts? Maybe sometimes people don't want to be happy? I don't know...
Posted by: Borrek

Re: Always Been Pondering - 04/16/06 01:47 AM

Quote:

My question:

Whenever I'm feeling a bit down, I sometimes don't want to be cheered up at the moment. I feel as though I want to go more intense into the emotion. I'll accept help and advice but I won't take it seriously. I'm not a depressed mopy person. I'm overall very "bright" and always thinking positive, I guess. Any thoughts? Maybe sometimes people don't want to be happy? I don't know...

I am a depressed person and that is classic wallowing =) sometimes it just feels "good" to feel bad and stay in that state by yourself.
Posted by: ADHDoka

Re: Always Been Pondering - 04/16/06 04:13 PM

I know how that feels, but in the end it feels much better to have someone cheer you up, leeaving that emotion inside or wallowing in it can lead to bad things, I almost started physically fighting with my roommates due to emotions that i was wallowing in or suppresing.