The Good side of life!

Posted by: UofM Shorin Ryu

The Good side of life! - 04/12/06 08:16 PM

So as I'm walking through campus, on such a MARVELOUS Michigan day (for once.... ), I'm just kinda dazing out and appreciating the little things in life.

The wind gently blowing, the sun, clounds, beauty of campus, green grass, beauty of the building architecture.

But more than that, the beauty and opportunities U of M offers. I never really think about it, but it's a very diverse school. I've heard that we have students/faculty from all 50 states and over 100 foreign countries, that's an impressive feat. And honestly, you can do ANYTHING here. Nearly every subject matter you would want to study has its own building (except the Classics Department, which has 1/2 a floor in 1 building ), and U of M is constantly building more and more (we follow the "if you build it, they will learn philosophy ). Not many other places can offer that type of variety. It's a great thing to see all sorts of people walking to class, talking, laughing, singing, and dancing.

I actually stopped for a few minutes and sat on a bench just to soak it all in, thinking first what a wonderful University I attend, and then expanding, what a wonderful country I live in. Some days these things get ignored, we take things for granted, we sweat the small stuff, but not today

Just another good day to be alive!

Anyone else have days like this? Or any other things to say? (trying to make this as "general" as possible )
Posted by: ScottO

Re: The Good side of life! - 04/12/06 09:34 PM

Quote:

Anyone else have days like this? Or any other things to say? (trying to make this as "general" as possible )

You know, every day could be like that. It's all in your head. I walk outside, the sun is warm and the breeze is cool, I'm happy to be outside. I would love to walk around the block in it.

I walk outside, the sky is grey and the streets are foggy. Rain is misting down or even pouring down and everything is a different shade. I would love to walk around the block in that.

The beauty of each of these days are that each one is different. It would be boring if each day was beautiful and gorgeous. I love anything that changes and forces you to notice it.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: The Good side of life! - 04/12/06 10:28 PM

Something like this?

http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/15778465/an//page/0/vc/1

Enjoy
Posted by: ScottO

Re: The Good side of life! - 04/12/06 10:35 PM

Oh, look at that. Way to be original, UofM

Just kidding, just kidding
Posted by: UofM Shorin Ryu

Re: The Good side of life! - 04/13/06 01:53 AM

Quote:

Something like this?

http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/15778465/an//page/0/vc/1

Enjoy

....... ....yes.....

Quote:

Oh, look at that. Way to be original, UofM

Just kidding, just kidding

. I'm claiming this constitutes an original work and is not in violation of copyright laws under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act, and by God, I'll take it to court!!!!