The Dream Thread

Posted by: ScottO

The Dream Thread - 04/06/06 06:48 PM

In this thread, feel free to share any weird dreams that you might've had recently or at any time.

This one I had last night and it was interesting probably because there might have been many symbols in it...

I was sitting on a couch in some living room. It wasn't mine. The whole room felt like it was in motion, it felt exactly like I was riding a train, but if I looked out of the window, I wasn't going anywhere. I was reading a book, but I wasn't. I subliminally knew that I was reading a book or something, it was weird. I listened to myself narrate what was going on in my actual life in the form of a book.
While listening to that, I fooled around with the seatbelt. The seatbelt was a buckle that you lifted the mouth up and you could slide it right off. But it had the metal stick of an actual pant's belt. So I fiddled around with the stick in the belt and the different holes I was putting it through turned out to be guitar frets(?). You know, those different sections of the guitar neck. Every once in a while, the train would go into a freefall feeling and I would fly into the air, and if I didn't have my belt in a hole by then, I would fly up and bash my head against the ceiling.

Weird...
Posted by: McSensei

Re: The Dream Thread - 04/06/06 07:09 PM

Weird

Yes. See a Doctor.
Or stop the...
Posted by: Dudley32

Re: The Dream Thread - 04/06/06 08:59 PM

My weirdest dreams are the ones where I acknowledge that I am having a dream and try to control it. No joke I have really had these. I say to myself,"hey this is a dream." and try to do stuff but it doesn't work. Guess your not even God in dreams.

Matt
Posted by: ScottO

Re: The Dream Thread - 04/06/06 09:24 PM

Quote:

My weirdest dreams are the ones where I acknowledge that I am having a dream and try to control it. No joke I have really had these. I say to myself,"hey this is a dream." and try to do stuff but it doesn't work. Guess your not even God in dreams.

Matt

Yes! I used to have them all the time. When I didn't like the dream I had, I would commit suicide just to wake up. I remember this one dream I was in an elevator and I noticed that it was falling apart and I said, "This is the stupidest dream ever...." And I killed myself.

Sometimes I would fear I would try to "wake up" in real life.
Posted by: harlan

Re: The Dream Thread - 04/06/06 09:31 PM

I'll spare you mine.
Posted by: RazorFoot

Re: The Dream Thread - 04/06/06 10:36 PM

Hey Harlan, is it the one I am in? You know, with the fruit, the hot oils, and the massage table? The first time you told me about that one, I nearly...wait, you told me never to...ooooops. Disregard this post please everyone. Sorry Harlan, my bad.

Scottie
Posted by: Dereck

Re: The Dream Thread - 04/07/06 01:44 AM

I dream multiple dreams every night and remember almost all of them. I've also had the dreams where I know it is a dream and I try to control it and most time can. I have a lot of dreams of falling and you actually have to catch your breath but when I get closer to the ground it is a soft landing. I also have dreams of drowning but realize afterwards I can still breath and that is when I realize it is a dream. Most of my dreams make absolutely no sense and are all over the place where you can walk in one door and the next room you won't recognize and you turn around and it is different. No rhyme or rythme to my dreams.

What I have also are night terrors. I think this has a lot to do with stress as I have not had these for months. These are when you are half awake and half asleep and you see things in your reality. I have seen things coming down my hallway, at the end or side of the bed, above me, in the bed, etc. They scare the live crap out of me and when I gasp or have even screamed they wake my wife who immediately gets startled. She can usually calm me down but there are times I'm swinging for the fences or leaping from my bed to the light switch which is a fair distance. I hate these and actually wrote a spooky story about these which I think scared the heck out of my wife. When I was highly stressed years ago my wife was so sick and tired of me having these almost every night that one night when I asked her can she see it she said yes which scared the heck out of me even more. She told me she was so sick and tired of it that she wanted to get back at me. Also sometimes she feared that I may hit her but I know where she is and that could never happen.

I also had a dream years ago that I woke up and went to the computer and typed it out quickly so that I wouldn't forget it. I still have it and it would make an awesome movie. I tried doing searches of how or where I could send it to somebody but I guess I never tried hard enough as it still sits on my other computer in the basement. I read it from time to time and still think it would be an awesome movie.
Posted by: ADHDoka

Re: The Dream Thread - 04/07/06 08:16 AM

that is called a lucid dream or is very close to one, where every thing seems real and you can do wahtever you want, except change the lighting, if you every have one of these dreams you can fly see 360 but cant turn on/off the lights, its been proven, try it sometime, its mind blowing
Posted by: Karateka13

Re: The Dream Thread - 04/07/06 03:47 PM

One of my more memorable dreams happened when I was quite little--about six or seven years old:

I was in my dad's study, playing a game on the computer. Then my older sister closed the door and locked it on me--as a joke. I just shrugged and continued playing. Moments later, the brown office chair my dad had (it's the kind with a seat that spins, it's on wheels too) started giving off purple circles, spinning around its base. The chair then started to talk to me. I don't remember being scared, I was just staring at it. It told me there were monsters behind me, and I said "I know that"--in a bit of an impatient voice, like the kind you use when someone's stating the obvious.

The funny thing is, these monsters looked exactly like Tweety Bird did when he drank that formula that turned him into a big scary evil bird that scared the bejeepers out of Sylvester. Anyone remember that cartoon? It was based on the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde book.

Anyways, these "monsters" then grabbed me from behind, pinning my arms down, and started...eating my hair. This actually physically hurt, and I was starting to get pretty scared. Now, I'm actually watching myself in the dream--as if I'm watching myself in a movie. I screamed in my head, "STOP THAT DREAM!"

Five seconds later I woke up.

Tweety Bird????