Cheerleaders!

Posted by: Ket

Cheerleaders! - 11/01/05 01:27 AM

Ha! Thought that subject would get your attention.

I apologize firsthand for this ridiculous question, but I'm genuinely concerned about something. My own safety.

Heres the scoop. I work for a fast food joint, as I've complained of before, and one of my co-workers a few days ago told me about her time as a cheerleader back in high school. I simply rolled my eyes at first, until she related stories of backflips and all that crazy stuff I always wished I was agile and limber enough to do.

When she noticed my growing interest, she then suggested I learn, and she'd teach me! Apparently, she'd done that plenty of times before with other cheerleaders in the past (Hey now, don't laugh. Who wouldn't want to know how to back flip!)

My concern is ...is learning how to do such acrobatics really something I should put into the hands of a retired cheerleader?? Last thing I want to do is break my neck, but dag nabbit, I wanna backflip!

Laugh, make jokes, poke fun, do it all, but throw something worthwhile in there.

-Ket
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Cheerleaders! - 11/01/05 01:36 AM

Quote:

My concern is ...is learning how to do such acrobatics really something I should put into the hands of a retired cheerleader?? Last thing I want to do is break my neck, but dag nabbit, I wanna backflip!

In general I would say no. Unless you have access to proper training areas I would not try something like that.

Unless she has a lot of experience training others (I mean years, not just a few kids here and there) I would not risk my neck (literally). But that's just me.

Sorry, no jokes about you in short skirts for now, if I think of any I'll be sure to add them in.
Posted by: butterfly

Re: Cheerleaders! - 11/01/05 01:50 AM

I guess the other question would be: Is she cute?

Ok, I know, somewhat sexist question. In that case, yeah...what Joel said. But really, is she cute?

Posted by: Trarup

Re: Cheerleaders! - 11/01/05 02:10 AM

I agree with butterfly.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Cheerleaders! - 11/01/05 09:16 AM

LMAO @ Butterfly. We know where your priorities are.

Go for it Ket. Mrs. MattJ was a cheerleader in high school and college, and she has helped me learn a few basic things (headstands, cartwheels, few others I don't know the names).

Not MA really, but what the hell. She is cute, right?
Posted by: Kintama

Re: Cheerleaders! - 11/01/05 09:24 AM

If given the choice:
http://www.geocities.com/what_dayaknow/dog-cheerleader.jpg
or
http://3boysproductions.com/images/Cheerleader-Ninjas.jpg

I'll rather call the cute one 'sensei'.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Cheerleaders! - 11/01/05 11:19 AM

Hey Ket ... now you will be pretty and you will be able to shake your pom poms. My suggestion, see what she has to offer and then deside for yourself if it looks too dangerous ... though danger be your middle name. Never hurts to see what she has to offer you ... and like the rest ... if she is cute the better. Maybe future Mrs. Ket?

Kin ... where do you continually find this stuff?
Posted by: hedkikr

Re: Cheerleaders! - 11/01/05 11:28 AM

Well...is she cute or not?

You see, all of us are living vicariously through you. If she's cute, I suggest that you fall a lot. You really need hands-on instruction.
Posted by: Gavin

Re: Cheerleaders! - 11/01/05 11:39 AM

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm....Hands on instruction and Cheerleaders! Remember to insist that she teach you in the proper and correct MA way, naked and covered in baby oil! Tell her it aids in the direct transmission from teacher to student!

Think I just killed a chance of anyone ever having private lessons with me!