Can anybody beat Maywether Mayweather vs. Mosely.

Posted by: Neko456

Can anybody beat Maywether Mayweather vs. Mosely. - 05/03/10 08:44 AM

Can anybody beat Maywether Mayweather vs. Mosely.

Mosely with his speed, power and technical know how I thought it was a dangerous fight for Floyd. Mosely heavy right hand almost knocked Floyd down but he recovered and the very next round started putting a whipping on the speedy Mosely winning a unamoimost decsion pretty much spanking Sugar Shane Mosely.

Mosely admitted that the near knock down made start to look for a knock out and when you wait for that perfect punch sometiimes it never happens. It was a Good showing for both fighters its believed that Mosely can still beat anybody in his weight class but Money.

Lets see what Pac man csan do with Money. For $30-$40 million I'd drug test.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Can anybody beat Maywether Mayweather vs. Mosely. - 05/03/10 10:04 AM

Where else can Mayweather go now? It's Paq or nothing at this point. If Floyd beats Paq, then it's totally cemented that he is the man.
Posted by: Cord

Re: Can anybody beat Maywether Mayweather vs. Mosely. - 05/03/10 11:49 AM

Mayweather is incredible. No doubt. His record is perfect, but I am among the half of the boxing public that thought he lost to De la Hoya.

He also has an uncanny run of luck with partisan ref's. Joe Cortez helped him preventing Hatton from using his strengths, and Bayliss happily stood and watched him hold on to Mosely's arm illegally for 4 seconds in the second round while he recovered. They don't call him 'money' for nothing smirk

Rounds 3 to 12 you can't argue with though, it was a masterclass against a champ coming off an amazing destruction of Margarito. Never seen Mosely negated like that before, ever.

The drug testing stipulations in Mayweather's contracts are nothing to do with steroids, they are a psychological component of the fight. Mayweather relies on controlling his oponent, and this now starts 12 weeks before the fight.

Let Pac comply with the boxing board testing regulations, and agree to a pi$$/blood test straight after the fight, and lets get a european referree, and see who is the best fighter, not the best player of the game.
Posted by: TeK9

Re: Can anybody beat Maywether Mayweather vs. Mosely. - 05/03/10 05:37 PM

Put him in the ring with me...I will do it, I will kick his A$$.

Cord, I am also one of the many who thinks he should have lost to De La Hoya as well.

The closest Mayweather has come to losing was against Jose Luis Castillo a true Mexican do or die fighter. Castillo shows the perfect blue print on how to approach Mayweather. It's all about keeping that forward pressure on him. Not being afraid to keep throwing as many over hand rights as possible.

De La Hoya did this, but unfortunately he was no longer in his prime and although he brought most of the pressure he just couldn't maintain it all through the fight.

A man who should have and for the likes of me I don't know why he changed his style at the last moment. Is the Argentine boxer Carlos Baldomir. Here we have a guy who normally walks around at 200 pounds and is known to be a none stop power puncher with knock out power. He gets his big chance against Mayweather and what does he do? He decides to box the greatest defensive boxer of all time.

I believe there is just one man now who can posibly exploit the chink in Mayweather's ultimate defensive armor (style). Manny Pacquiao has power in both of his hands, and maintains enough forward pressure and throws enough over hand rights in combination's in order to break through Mayweather's defense/counter style.

Juan Manuel Marques who in my eyes is the greatest counter puncher of his era played a great game against Mayweather. I disagree with people who say Mayweather put a clinic on him. Marques counter punched in 5, 6, 7, combination's. However, and this is where his game failed. He could not break Maywather's defense. Almost every punch he threw was blocked by Maywather. He either hit his shoulder, forarms, or gloves. Anything and everything except Mayweather's body and face. And Mayweather was so fast he was able to pop Marques 1 or 2 times per round with clean solid shots. Which won him the fight.

Re: Can anybody beat Maywether Mayweather vs. Mosely. - 05/04/10 04:39 AM

I agree that the trick is to fight Mayweather the man, not Mayweather the rep. but if relentless forward pressure was the only key to victory, Hatton would have had more success than he did, even with Cortez interfering in his perfectly ring-legal strategy.

The thing about Mayweather, is that when he is put under pressure, he proves to be an accomplished toe to toe fighter. It may not be his preferrence, and by taking fight-control away from him, it will help, but he has the tools at all ranges.

I think Pac has the speed, power and style, to cause Mayweather real problems. But I thought that about Hatton, and Mosely.

The only way to know how a fighter will do against him is to see it in the flesh, because using performances against other fighters as a barometer simply doesn't work.

Re: Can anybody beat Maywether Mayweather vs. Mosely. - 05/04/10 06:19 AM

Your right he can go toe to toe but he does not prefer it. After all the name of the game is to hit and not be hit back. He has shown he has the skill to brawl, but it's only been seen in short burst. He he stands toe to toe with a puncher like Manny he may regret it.

Personally I never liked Hatton. I think he was over estimated. I mean if he were like Mike Tyson who bull dogged his way into opponents and knocked them out consistently maybe I would have believed the hype. But Hatton really only gained world wide recognition when he managed to knock out Kostya Tszyu. Hatton like to rush in, but his combination's suck, which makes him different from Tyson. He got lucky with Tszyu, funny how nobody remembers that Tszyu had nearly a 2 year layoff period before getting in the ring with Hatton.

Anyways the fight I wanna see is Mayweather and Pacquiao. The boxer with the greatest defense in the history of boxing, against the man who is keeping boxing alive. Surely Mayweather is a big name but his fights are boring. Manny on the other hand is an exciting fighter. My personal opinion ofcourse.
Posted by: Prizewriter

Re: Can anybody beat Maywether Mayweather vs. Mosely. - 05/04/10 07:20 AM

I favour Money (slightly) ahead of Pac as I said before. Mayweather has great defensive skill (best of all time is up for debate though!) and is very hard break down. Many people think Manny may have the skills to do this. He has a chance for sure.

That said, what still alarms me about Manny Pacquiao is that he is hittable. He still takes too many shots for my liking. Yes the man has good footwork, but because of his aggressive style he leaves himself vunerable in a fight. I'm not suggesting Mayweather will KO Pacquiao, I just think that when it comes to style hitting and not being hit trumps hitting and getting hit.

Who knows though?

Re: Can anybody beat Maywether Mayweather vs. Mosely. - 05/04/10 07:41 AM

All this talk of the DelaHoya fight made me go check my notes:

http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubbth...ge=1&fpart=

I think I agree with PW here, that while Manny is a very stiff challenge, Floyd's defense and great offensive accuracy would eke him out a decision.
Posted by: LoneFox

Re: Can anybody beat Maywether Mayweather vs. Mosely. - 05/04/10 10:09 AM

Mayweather just came off a break still before his Marquez fight. I think he should have one more fight before facing Pacquiao. Maybe against Margarito or some other recognized fighter. This can warm up and show people that hes not the ducker he is.

Re: Can anybody beat Maywether Mayweather vs. Mosely. - 05/04/10 05:33 PM

Good point Prize,

Looks like I'm guilty of getting caught up with all the PAC-MAN hype that I totally ignored the fact that Manny takes a lot of shots. It's just that so many of them have not phased him. It's funny but the only real challenge Manny has had since his winning streak has been against Juan Manuel Marquez. Whom Manny managed to knock down 3 times in one round. And Marquess stilled pulled out a draw whom many believe Marquez should have one.

I to would favor Pretty Boy Floyd Mayweather ahead of Manny by just a slight margin. It seems when it comes to the sport of boxing the Mayweather brand dominates.

If Mayweather could be like Marquez and throw counter combination's in punches instead of single punches, he too would be an exciting fighter.

Re: Can anybody beat Maywether Mayweather vs. Mosely. - 05/05/10 10:39 AM

I have come around when it comes to Mayweather and his style. I used to find watching him frustrating and a bit boring, but have found that the more I take the time to actually see what he is doing, instead of looking for KO's, the more I am impressed.
I think a good analogy is watching MMA, where a lot of people want only the blood and the beatdown's, and find the grappling 'boring', but the more you understand, the more you can appreciate the subtle skills.

Mayweather's boxing is kinda like that for me.

Re: Can anybody beat Maywether Mayweather vs. Mosely. - 05/11/10 09:40 AM

Paquiao wins! The vote, that is.....

http://boxing.fanhouse.com/2010/05/10/manny-pacquiao-declares-landslide-congressional-victory-in-phi/?icid=main|main|dl1|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fboxing.fanhouse.com%2F2010%2F05%2F10%2Fmanny-pacquiao-declares-landslide-congressional-victory-in-phi%2F

"The current WBO welterweight boxing champion and seven-time title holder scored the most personally satisfying win of his life in his birthplace in the country's national elections early Tuesday morning, soundly defeating a heavily favored candidate, Roy Chiongbian, from an entrenched billionaire clan to win a seat in the Philippines Congress representing the province of Sarangani on the island of Mindanao.

By doing so, Pacquiao, 31, becomes the first professional boxer to hold national public office while still active in the ring. After his victory in the Philippines' first fully electronic national elections was deemed largely official by early Tuesday morning, Pacquiao felt confident enough to declare victory over Chiongbian, 61.

Earlier, as election results came into his campaign office, the country's most famous athlete had no doubt.

For, even though the final vote tallies weren't complete, Pacquiao's approximately 90,000 votes out of 125,000 registered voters made it mathematically impossible for the boxing hero to lose.

"This is the biggest achievement of Manny's life. More than any boxing match," said Pacquiao's adviser, Michael Koncz, adding that Pacquiao will make an official proclamation of victory at 11 a.m local time Tuesday.

"It's a landslide!" an ecstatic Pacquiao, clad in jeans, sneakers and a Lacoste polo shirt, said excitedly 90 minutes after the polls closed nationwide Monday at 7 p.m., marking the conclusion of an electronic voting process that was surprisingly smooth despite scattered reports of violent uprisings, random attacks and at least six killings during the final days of voting.

Widespread campaign violence and murders have marred and disrupted previous national elections in this country.

Pacquiao's confidence Monday night stemmed from polling results relayed directly to him on mobile phones and powerful two-way radios by his poll watchers stationed throughout Sarangani's 379 clustered precincts. All of them were instructed to read results as they were reported electronically to the Philippines Commission on Elections, or Comelec."

Re: Can anybody beat Maywether Mayweather vs. Mosely. - 05/11/10 03:28 PM

Congrats to the Pac-Man!! cool

Now presumably Mayweather will insist Obama has blood tests before meeting him in the future too smirk

Re: Can anybody beat Maywether Mayweather vs. Mosely. - 05/11/10 05:22 PM

He may not be qualified for the job but he has a good heart. Who know's maybe he can make some real positive changes.
Posted by: Prizewriter

Re: Can anybody beat Maywether Mayweather vs. Mosely. - 05/13/10 05:46 AM

Based on recent events, Pac is only going to the squared ring once more it seems:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/8677150.stm