Help~

Posted by: XxTaexKidxX

Help~ - 04/21/10 10:15 PM

Ok, so sometime in May I'm suppose to have my debut fight as an amateur for my gym, getting into street fights, and sparring has given me some experience as what to do, and what not to do, but in a street fight, I just get angry and slam the guy, pounding on him, and in sparring we just do light sparring or some heavy contact boxing, but what I would like help on is, how to hit (punch/kick) at your full strength, how could I learn this, and I mean learn it fast, I have plenty of people that are going to help me spar and train for this event, but is there any secret or some sort of method anyone uses to do this, I wanna go in a beam the guy up, I mean I wanna pound him and get a k.o., but saying it's easier than doing it I know, so any information would be helpful...Please and thank you...
Posted by: DeadlyKnuckles

Re: Help~ - 04/22/10 11:03 AM

Ask and listen to your coach.

He/she is far better suited to giving you advice than members of an internet forum.
Posted by: Taison

Re: Help~ - 04/27/10 09:45 PM

<quote>I wanna go in a beam the guy up, I mean I wanna pound him and get a k.o., but saying it's easier than doing it I know,<quote>

It's this type of guys that always get the cr4p knocked out of them in their debut fight.

Basically they bullhead their way towards the guy with no plan or strategy whatsoever and when they get countered, lights go out and they wake up in the locker room saying 'WTF just happened?'.

Go ask your coach on how to approach.

My opinion on this is; if you're doing boxing/kickboxing/muay thai, remember it's a sport. You should learn restraint (as in not just giving into some stupid rage) and plan your matches well. You've got what? 5-12 rounds to fight. Plan them well.

-Donnie out