DMX is not boxing

Posted by: MattJ

DMX is not boxing - 11/08/09 06:50 PM

Shockingly, it looks like we won't get the fight we were all looking for after all. From this link here:

http://www.theboombox.com/2009/11/06/dmx-pulls-out-of-upcoming-boxing-match/?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl4|link6|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theboombox.com%2F2009%2F11%2F06%2Fdmx-pulls-out-of-upcoming-boxing-match%2F

"Quitters never win! It appears as though DMX has already given up on being a boxing champ and will not go toe-to-toe with New Mexico based fighter Eric Martinez. The rapper was scheduled to get in the ring with Martinez in Alabama on Dec. 12, but sources close to the matter reportedly told Allhiphop.com that the fight has been canceled.

Sources claim X pulled out because he wanted the event's sponsor Thunder Promotions to "fix" the fight. It has also been reported that Thunder Promotions may take legal action against X. However, there appears to be a silver lining for the promotion company as other rappers have been contacted to take his place. Stay tuned for the replacement announcement next week."

This is what happens when you make movies with Steven Seagal.
Posted by: Cord

Re: DMX is not boxing - 11/09/09 12:23 PM

So X isnt going to give it to us frown

Typical Rap BS. Fiddy is tough because he got shot 9 times!? No, Fiddy failed to duck, thats all.

Ice-T? About as OG as a care bear.

Cube? Fat and grumpy does not = tough

Snoop!? Too stizzle to be tizzle, hizzle rizzle is a jizzle

Like Mike Muir so wonderfully sang: 'I hate puff Daddy, and his friend, the Dead Fatty'

Here endeth the rant.
Posted by: TheCrab

Re: DMX is not boxing - 11/11/09 08:21 AM

Tupac at least capped a few people. hes still cool

Re: DMX is not boxing - 11/11/09 12:26 PM

Originally Posted By: TheCrab
Tupac at least capped a few people. hes still cool

You see, maybe its a cultural, or generational thing, but while I loved the 1st wave of 'hard' rap (NWA, T, Early Wu-Tang, Public Enemy etc), I never equated shooting someone with being tough. A baby can kill someone with a gun. Being tough and having no conscience got blended somewhere in the late 90's, and I will never understand that.
Posted by: Zach_Zinn

Re: DMX is not boxing - 11/11/09 05:39 PM

Hey public enemy was never "gangsta".
Posted by: TheCrab

Re: DMX is not boxing - 11/12/09 12:29 AM

I suppose the willingness to do so takes a certain state of mind or personality. The reason I like pac is that most of the stuff he sings about has a bit of truth to it.
I really dont know why rappers who obviously have never done so always sing about people theyve shot and stuff like that. they would be arrested. lol

Re: DMX is not boxing - 11/12/09 01:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Zach_Zinn
Hey public enemy was never "gangsta".

Never said they were - I specificaly avoided the term so as to include them as an exemplar.

The fact is that they did the whole 'Black Panther' combat fatigues and intimidating image, and then threw Flavour Flav at you, who was too weak to stand up straight with that clock around his neck.

I just find all the posturing in rap very silly, that's all.