Haye vs Valuev

Posted by: Cord

Haye vs Valuev - 11/07/09 08:29 AM

I can't believe I am having to start this thread on the day of the fight!! Is nobody the least bit curious to see Haye take on the biggest fighter in the world? Or to see how Valuev does against a legitemate, athletic heavyweight?

Haye is giving away 11 inches and 100lbs!!! shocked , but is a fighter the likes of which the heavyweight division has not seen in over a decade.

Anyone else watching it tonight? Am I the only one getting excited? Has the world gone Mad!!!!????
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Haye vs Valuev - 11/07/09 10:29 AM

Ooh, tough one, bro. Also have the Fedor/Rogers fight AND the Couture/Nogueira fight tonight, too. Gentlemen, start your DVR's!

Re: Haye vs Valuev - 11/07/09 10:53 AM

Quote:
Couture/Nogueira fight tonight, too.

Eh!!?? That already happened didnt it? I thought Couture was fighting Vera next week?

Re: Haye vs Valuev *spoilers* - 11/07/09 07:12 PM

Well, despite giving away 7 stone (98lbs), 11 inches in height, and breaking his right hand in the 3rd round, Haye outboxed, out thought, and out fought Valuev, to become the new WBA World heavyweight champion.

His footwork, reflexes, and power, were matched by a real thinking fighters approach that meant he went into the final round with a good lead, despite having fought off the back foot throughout the match. When he decided to use his right hand again in the 12th, (knowing he didnt need to conserve it anymore), he became the 1st oponent to ever rock Valuev, and if the ref hadn't completely mismanaged that exchange, getting in the way for no reason, then Valuev would have finished the fight flat on the canvas.

Britain has a new world champ, and the heavyweight scene has a genuine, exciting, and talented star once again.
You are welcome world smile

Re: Haye vs Valuev *spoilers* - 11/08/09 12:51 AM

Very impressive display of skill by Haye! Score one for the UK!
Posted by: Gavin

Re: Haye vs Valuev *spoilers* - 11/08/09 05:40 AM

This is the best quality vid I can find at the mo.... still watchable though!

http://themartialarchive.com/mma-and-combat-sports/david-haye-vs-nikolai-valuev-full-fight

Re: Haye vs Valuev *spoilers* - 11/08/09 10:05 AM

Yeah, seriously, WTF was that ref doing? He had no reason to break Haye off while he was swarming. That was stupid.

Re: Haye vs Valuev *spoilers* - 11/08/09 02:10 PM

Originally Posted By: MattJ
Yeah, seriously, WTF was that ref doing? He had no reason to break Haye off while he was swarming. That was stupid.

Valuev is a Don King Fighter smirk

It occurred to me when the Russian national anthem started, that I was watching Rocky IV, and I was listening for a corner man to say something about 'a lump of iron', but it never happened wink