Will or Should Hatton Retire or fight again?

Posted by: Neko456

Will or Should Hatton Retire or fight again? - 09/23/09 04:31 PM

Will or Should Hatton Retire or Fight again? I think he still has something left he could still make some good money, still pretty popular. Being better then 98% of his peers still forminable and with a exciting style.

I like to see him fight again. What do you guys think?
Posted by: Cord

Re: Will or Should Hatton Retire or fight again? - 09/24/09 12:16 PM

He should retire.
He has a magnificent record, and with a relentless workrate and a granite chin, managed to become a 2 weight world champion, unifying the light-welter division in the process.
There are no glories left for him to attain that are within his reach, and with the number of wars he has been involved in, his workrate and punch resistance can only diminish.
He has £30 million + ($50 million US ) in the bank, and the love of a nation. His after dinner speaking and stage tours (talking about his career, and an excellent line in stand up comedy), sell out in minutes, and he could walk into any comentating job he wants.
If he overstays his welcome in the ring, he will open himself up to criticism. He could not possibly have more love or loyalty from his fans, and will never have to buy his own drink in any pub in britain. We love him, he is ours- he doesnt need to do anymore for us, and he shouldnt take what is a great story, and let his pride turn it into a tragedy.
Posted by: jdkf

Re: Will or Should Hatton Retire or fight again? - 09/27/09 11:47 AM

Definately retire, a great career, was an entertainer in and out the ring. I wont forget him coming out to "Blue Moon" in front of a packed Eastlands stadium wearing an oversized sombrero then tearing into Lazcano for 12 rounds. Wasn't a great performance but everyone there knew he was just trying to impress his fans with a big win.

As cord says he's got loads going for him he should quit while he is genuinely ahead.
Posted by: yodmuaythai

Re: Will or Should Hatton Retire or fight again? - 10/27/09 10:20 PM

He should retire and use his experience change to good trainer