Mayweather out Boxes Juan Maquez outclasseed...

Posted by: Neko456

Mayweather out Boxes Juan Maquez outclasseed... - 09/21/09 03:23 PM

Mayweather out Boxes Juan Marquez outclasseed him. badly. Usually when a good big man beats a little good man its because of power and ill positioning. This time it was total domination as if he was boxiug an amature. And giving JM credit he is a world class Mexican fighter meaning that he will bring it. As he did with in his two fights agaunst the Pac Man. Two fights that some believed he won.

But he knows like the rest of the world Money is a better boxer then the expert counter fighter Juan Marquez.

My point since it was a boxing match with no KO or TKO or total over powering the little man is usually faster, quicker, slicker usually and maybe better boxing skills and movement not this time. Maybe its true Defense does win Championships as it is with USA football and basket ball.

My Money is on Money!! In a boxing match you got ruff him up, but then you fall his trap like Ricky Hitman Hatton.

I don't like Floyd's cocky attitude but he is highly skilled boxer. JMM is a great fighter but dos that matters if you lose.
Posted by: Cord

Re: Mayweather out Boxes Juan Maquez outclasseed... - 09/21/09 03:59 PM

I watched it, and you are right, Mayweather's performance was flawless. To come back with 2 years 'ring rust' , and dismantle such a top class oponent is ridiculous.

I would say, however, that Marquez was 3 weights above where his best performances have been, and he did not seem to bring an increase in strength with him up the weights. He did not seem slow, nor did he tire, but at this weight, he was not the fighter who tool Pacman to the wire twice.

Pac seems to only improve as he moves up in weight. His frame seems to take it, and he destroyed Hatton much quicker than Mayweather did. Its also worth saying that the Hatton Pac fought was a more educated beast having been schooled by Mayweather Snr at that time.

I really do think that a Mayweather v Pacquiao superfight will be a defining moment in boxing to round off the decade, but having said that, with Shane Mosely looking so damn good at the moment, and being an oponent who would be a natural weight match, i would find that a fascinating and valid fight.
Its also an easier one to make as they are both under Golden Boy promotions, whilst Pac drives a real hard bargain when it comes to his contract$$$
Posted by: jdkf

Re: Mayweather out Boxes Juan Maquez outclasseed... - 09/21/09 04:28 PM

MAYWEATHER V PAC MAN I tried not to think it as I watched incase it doesnt come off (like benn v jones jr), that fight has to happen, who's your money on ?

agree with the above mayweather looked unbeatable , but manny ?!?!

I cant bet against either of them ...

I thought sugar shane would be next for mayweather... still interesting, would stay up again till 5.30 to watch it!

Re: Mayweather out Boxes Juan Maquez outclasseed... - 09/21/09 04:58 PM

Did you see Floyds defense for the 6 punch combination that Marquez threw usually a skilled boxer like JMM is going to hit you with 4 out of six but to come up gosse egg, "nuutha" numerosu times as SKILLED as JMM is, Flyod is amazing. Because JMM is a world Class fighter with great timing and skill himself. A little guy may can't hurt you with one shot but he usually can beat you to the punch and hit you a lot. Not this time Oscar was wrong.

I do agree he didn't seem to have brought any power with his heavier weight as did Pacman but I really couldn't tell because he didn't hit Money often 59 maybe 65 times in a 12 round fight I'd would have took my gloves off quit in the ring. But thats why JMM is Champion (and I'm not) in three division Knocking out the larger ex champ Casemayor and Diaz that why they thoought he was ready for Money and Pac Man. I don't think so but different fighters styles make the fight he might can still hang with Pac Man you can hit PM sometimes.

JKDr - Mosely is the ex super Middleweight and Middle weight chamo bigger then Floyd and almost as fast it would be a good fight but not as much Money as Pac Man if he can get past Cotto that ain't a given.

Re: Mayweather out Boxes Juan Maquez outclasseed... - 09/21/09 05:19 PM

manny to beat cotto for me...

mosely is strong for weight, would mayweather take him on?, he would only be doing what manny and jmm have done by fighting bigger guys

lets call it then, like the super middles are due to do in the upcoming series, who would win cotto, manny, mayweather, moseley, + 2 others (bradley, clottey?)??

Re: Mayweather out Boxes Juan Maquez outclasseed... - 09/21/09 06:13 PM

I agree that is what Juan Marquez and Pac Man have done that was really brave, really the near same thing Floyd did. And I give them prop for their confidence and bravery. But lets be real the Real reason for going up in weight or going down is MONEY and then wanting to be known as the best. Right now Floyd money Mayweather thats why Mosely want to fight and others. The question is if Manny Pac man gets past mean a$$ Cotto does he have the skill to hit and beat Floyd Mayweather. We won't know until after the fight my Money is on Money. Though I like the Rockem sockem fights that Pac man bring. Again Juan Marquez is a great fighter and got schooled. Floyd was bigger but he was also faster, more skilled more everything except taking chances going for the KO.

Re: Mayweather out Boxes Juan Maquez outclasseed... - 09/22/09 05:31 AM

I dont think Cotto will give Pacquiao any problems to be honest. His recent performances are showing signs he is on the slide IMO, while Pac is just getting better.

I think Mosely has a style that would give Mayweather more problems than Pac, but Pac's hand speed is phenomenal, so it will be interesting to see Mayweathers defence put under that pressure.
Floyd's footwork is just a delight however, and Pac's only tactic is going to be encouraging him into a toe to toe fight, much like Hatton managed, but simply couldnt deliver on. In that kind of fight, Pac would be a different kind of monster.

It is a shame that Amir Khan is still so 'green', because there is a guy with speed and reflexes the equal of Mayweather, and had fate made that a viable fight, it would have been incredible.

Re: Mayweather out Boxes Juan Maquez outclasseed... - 09/22/09 01:24 PM

agree with the above apart from it being a shame khan isnt ready for these guys, hopefully he will have his day against the fighters that are around in 3-5 yrs time when he should be hitting his peak and he can do justice to his career.

we're lucky to have these guys around all fighting eachother (whatever the motivation)I guess natures way with Hatton/Delahoya moving aside and mayweather and Pacquiao going for the pinnacle you really find out who is the best. too many potentially great fights dont happen with 4 champions in a weight never fighting eachother...

Re: Mayweather out Boxes Juan Maquez outclasseed... - 09/22/09 03:28 PM

Time caught up with De la Hoya, but I still think he won his fight with Mayweather, and repeat viewing hasn't chaged my mind.

Hatton is in the unfortunate position of being much better than 99.8% of his peers, but far behind the 2 vying for the best of the generation. Should he keep adding easy wins against the 'very good', or bravely being destroyed by the defining elite? I just think if you have 30 mil in the bank, and your only losses are to Floyd and Manny, then you quit with your head held high as one of the best boxers in British history.
Unfortunately, I suspect he will fight on beyond his time, just like his hero Duran.

Re: Mayweather out Boxes Juan Maquez outclasseed... - 09/22/09 05:36 PM

agree with all the above . I really do hope Hatton packs it in I guess the draw is even after recent defeats he could still pack a 50,000 stadium in the UK if not for the money then for the "buzz", he seems the type of guy that feels he "owes" his support something....

Hatton V Khan?, British superfight then retire a champion?!?

Re: Mayweather out Boxes Juan Maquez outclasseed... - 09/22/09 06:49 PM

No way! Its a poison chalice for both of them.
Hatton wins, he has beaten a very talented, but not yet finished article, so no different to beating an 'over the hill' name. And, if he lost, well, he goes out on a loss to an as yet unproven talent.
If Khan wins against Hatton, the cry will go out that Hatton was not the Hatton of old, and he has beat up on another 'past prime' fighter (like Barerra). It does nothing to further Khan's career.
If he lost, well, he was a paper champion, and not ready for the world stage.

The gate for the fight in Britain would be big, but globally, it wouldnt warrant a PPV in the States or Europe, so both would be risking way too much for not much money.
Posted by: Prizewriter

Re: Mayweather out Boxes Juan Maquez outclasseed... - 09/23/09 07:34 AM

Hatton vs Khan would make money in the UK, but as Cord said would it be enough? £££ would be the only reason for them to do it.

Khan is a great offensive boxer. He is aggressive, has fast hands, punches hard and has that "finishing" instinct.

Defensively, he isn't on the same level as Mayweather. Even in the Kotelnik fight, where he dominated the fight for most parts, he was still caught by punches that I don't think Mayweather would've been hit with.

Mayweather has great peception and reaction. He can see punches coming and reacts. His body is able to adjust very quickly to what is coming.

Khan doesn't seem able to do this. He seems to see punches late, or even more worringly, not at all. Perhaps his natural aggression in the ring means his focus lies on dishing it out, rather than what is coming back. Maybe Freddie Roach can work with him to change this, who knows?

Khan to me will always be an aggressive fighter, and a coach should encourage this, but factor into this aggression ways to address weakness in a boxers style. I don't know though if this aggression and his undoubted ability will be enough to overcome Mayweather. Would be interesting to watch though.

Just a quick word on an Indonesian boxer called Chris John, who boxed on the undercard. He has been the World Featherweight Champion for 6 years now, and he currently has a 45-0-2 record. Very good little boxer who is fast closing in on Marcianos undefeated (if not the Rock's perfect)record.

Re: Mayweather out Boxes Juan Maquez outclasseed... - 09/23/09 04:14 PM

Khan is very young, very talented, but is not yet the boxer he will become. That is why I said it is a shame we will never see Khan at his peak, against Mayweather.
The impressive thing about Khan is that he improves every fight, and has already improved his defence massively under Roach, in quite a short space of time.
Let him season, continue to improve as an all round boxer, and I think he will be quite special.

Re: Mayweather out Boxes Juan Maquez outclasseed... - 10/06/09 11:00 AM

If you were Mayweather what would you do? Would you fight Sugar Shane Mosely or wait for Pac Man? After Juan Marquez I'd wait for Pac Man and then maybe fight Mosely after the Pac Man fight just to shut people up that he didn't fight the best of the best.

Personally I think Shane would be a hard fight for him if he fights like he fought Marguritta but if foughts like he fought Forrest he would get shut out, of course Mayweather doesn't have Veron's power and size.

Re: Mayweather out Boxes Juan Maquez outclasseed... - 10/06/09 01:07 PM

That's a tough question. I feel a bit bad discounting Cotto from the mix, but I just dont think he is the man to beat Pacquiao.

I think stylisticaly, that Mosely poses more problems for Mayweather than Pac, and that Pac is where the rep is at, so I think he will wait for Pac, with Mosely as a nice little earner should he fail, or as a good challenge to his confirmed status should he win.