Question about hooks and blocking in streetfight

Posted by: Speedy

Question about hooks and blocking in streetfight - 01/02/09 04:34 AM

When u perform a hook are u supposed to keep ur arm fixed so that only ur legs and hips generate the power or should u move in ur arm as well before the impact of the fist to the target?

How do u block a straight punch in a streetfight, wouldnt someone's fist break mine because of the knockels against the smaller finger bones?
Posted by: TheCrab

Re: Question about hooks and blocking in streetfight - 01/02/09 05:48 AM

Quote:

How do u block a straight punch in a streetfight, wouldnt someone's fist break mine because of the knockels against the smaller finger bones?

Get out of the way, parry it out of the way, block it by putting any part of your body in front of it?
and what do you mean by the fist break thing?
Posted by: Speedy

Re: Question about hooks and blocking in streetfight - 01/02/09 07:03 AM

Quote:

and what do you mean by the fist break thing?

In boxing u use the thickness of ur gloves to deflect punches but doing this without it would mean that his fist impacts on ur backfist.
Posted by: TheCrab

Re: Question about hooks and blocking in streetfight - 01/02/09 07:44 AM

just turn your hands out so its hitting the bottom part of your hand, or just ignore it.

its the least of your worries
Posted by: Ilove2Hit

Re: Question about hooks and blocking in streetfig - 01/03/09 08:06 AM

block with palm or elbows if u are so concerned...

even more.. (since we are talking about streetfighting) duck under or just grap his hand. if u duck under then it is ur turn to attack and he wont be protected after the missed punch. duck under and come back with some good atack. u can do whatever u feel like doing... headbuttin, punching, kicking, tacklin.. up to you

Re: Question about hooks and blocking in streetfig - 01/03/09 08:08 AM

oh and wont worry about breaking ur hands.

iŽd be surprised if they would. i got in a fight yesterday, didnt mean to, but the other guy started hitting. (dunno why) iŽd like to show u some picks of what happens when u block like u block in box/kickbock etc... not as bad as u think!

just put anything u want inbetween the punch and your face in order to protect urself..
Posted by: Tom2199

Re: Question about hooks and blocking in streetfig - 01/03/09 08:12 AM

surley anything hitting ur arm is about 100 times better than it connecting with your face!
Posted by: WhiteDragon11

Re: Question about hooks and blocking in streetfig - 01/04/09 01:54 AM

I agree with many of these other guys. If you are preventing the punch from reaching your face, you are doing the right thing. Just stay loose... I dont see how you would break anything if you are loose. Block with the palm or forearm. You do not have to maintain a fist.

Re: Question about hooks and blocking in streetfig - 01/05/09 11:11 PM

again agreed palms and forearms really work great! u dont need to worry.

except if u have some medical problems or ur bone are made out of "glass" or something we dont know of.

as long as u have no problems use this easy "techniques".
Posted by: Neko456

Re: Question about hooks and blocking in streetfight - 01/13/09 05:33 PM

I like the clam shell block if made to block a hook and immeadiately go for a take down I don't trust it for multiple strikes a sharp striker can punch around or through it.

I also like if I can read his intention the shoulder slap deflect that catches the hooking arm with the forearm or elbow on tight hooks. Otherwise wide hooks I like bobbing under it and weaving behind him grabbing a hand ful or slapping the groins as I past to his back or off shoulder.
Posted by: Nijado

Re: Question about hooks and blocking in streetfight - 03/01/09 02:34 AM

Dont worry too much about being "pefect"

Anyone whos been a real fight will tell you nothing they did was textbook.