Pacquiao vs. Mayweather - Who would win?

Posted by: Christy

Pacquiao vs. Mayweather - Who would win? - 12/07/08 06:41 PM

In the wake of last night's destruction of Oscar DelaHoya at the hands of Manny Pacquiao, it seems that the biggest potential matchup in boxing would be Pacquiao vs. Floyd Mayweather, assuming Floyd could be tempted out of retirement. Two guys in their respective prime's each with a legitimate claim to the #1 p4p ranking. Who would you pick?
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Pacquiao vs. Mayweather - Who would win? - 12/08/08 12:45 PM

HAH! I called it for Paquio, and everyone laughed at me.

Tough call between Mayweather and Paq. I'm inclined to go with Paq at this point.
Posted by: Cord

Re: Pacquiao vs. Mayweather - Who would win? - 12/09/08 04:52 AM

Make no mistake, Pac-man was awesome against the Golden boy, but there was something badly wrong with De La Hoya- he came in under weight, for a start, and then only put on 3 lbs before the fight. That means he went in badly dehydrated. From round one, his legs were stiff, and his mind was not in the ring.
Its easy to look good against a punching bag, and thats what Pacquiao did.

As such, I dont think it is fair to use that fight as a barometer against a potential Mayweather clash.

i am however, salivating at the prospect of Hatton v Pacquiao. With Hatton already showing great improvement in defence and head movement after only 6 weeks with Mayweather snr. and outboxing Malignagi so comprehensively, he will be a real challenge for Pacquiao.