me on the x2 end bag...

Posted by: ashe_higgs

me on the x2 end bag... - 10/25/07 04:34 PM

put this on photobucket just for you thaison!

i'm using the double end bag to train striking accuracy, hand speed, body movement, footwork and i liq chuan's "double striking".

thoughts are appreciated...

bag work
Posted by: Taison

Re: me on the x2 end bag... - 10/26/07 01:53 AM

Ashe,

Very thoughtful of you, but youtube is working as intended now in Thailand after me and a few people went to the department of IT and b!tched from dusk til' dawn.

As for the video;
Very nice footwork. Going to the sides like that is very useful in avoiding incoming strikes, and going from orthodox to southpaw and back again guarantees mind-f*ckery (excuse my cussing ).

Your techniques are crisp and very accurate I may say.

One thing I have to advice however, is that you need to keep your rear hand closer to the chin.

Other than that, good display of technique, power and speed. I have to add that you make a good example of moving around the speedbag, I see waay too many people who stand still while working on the bag. It's like their legs are stationary when they should be moving.

Good work mate.

-Taison out

Re: me on the x2 end bag... - 10/26/07 02:14 AM

hey thanks for the suggestions!

i often use a low hand to bait my opponent, but in this case i wasn't aware of it dropping until i watched the video.

i think a lot of people just use the x2end bag as simply another target to hit, but miss out on the opportunity to use the bag as something closer to a "live" opponent. i.e. the bag moves back at you in simulated counter strikes, etc.
Posted by: Taison

Re: me on the x2 end bag... - 10/26/07 02:19 AM

Aye,

Although I've not have the luxury of trainig with the x2 bag often, it's quite good in that you have to work defensively as well as offense, whereas a normal sandbag, you can unleash a barrage and it won't 'hit' back.

-Taison out
Posted by: MattJ

Re: me on the x2 end bag... - 10/26/07 09:14 PM

Ashe, very nice my man. Good speed and fluid footwork. I know the feeling with the hand-dropping thing! But sharp overall. I liked how you transitioned from punches to elbows at times.

I need to get one of those bags. Been a while since I've used one. Thanks!

Re: me on the x2 end bag... - 10/27/07 02:41 AM

i love mine! some of the best money i've ever spent.
Posted by: Cord

Re: me on the x2 end bag... - 10/28/07 03:25 PM

That was cool. A lot of people underestimate how elusive those things get if you dont hit them flush. The fact that you make it move so predictably is a sure sign that your fist/wrist alignment and striking mechanics are consistently sound.
That little girl waving in the background was extremely funny Isnt it funny about kids and bag work- when I train in my garage with the door open, you can guarantee that a little crowd of neighbourhood kids will form a little spectator group outside within seconds of the first round starting

Re: me on the x2 end bag... - 10/28/07 08:38 PM

Quote:

That little girl waving in the background was extremely funny

my daughter. just turned six on wednesday.