Round 3!

Posted by: Eveal

Round 3! - 06/30/07 09:20 PM

This is a last round of todays training session. I am trying to work on movement and keeping these hands up. Tell me what you think and give some tips please.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3818621475752688049

Brandon
Posted by: Cord

Re: Round 3! - 06/30/07 11:42 PM

Guard is definately tighter
During the first half of the round your range was out on your hooks- you were hitting shallow, not in the 'belly' of the bag so causing a push effect, spinning it like a top. You self corrected your range however, and the hooks took on a much more powerful role later on.
You have a snappy jab when you lead with it, but have a tendency to lose that snap when you lead with the right in a combo, thats not a huge issue, but maybe thinking more about the next 'proper' punch than the one you are throwing?
your best work comes in the last 45 seconds, a strong finish is a sure sign of good pacing, and your speed combos are very impressive, its easy for us bigger guys to lose a bit of balance from punch 3 onwards, but you keep tight form throughout.
Once again, you are looking like a very handy boxer
Posted by: Viator

Re: Round 3! - 07/02/07 02:07 PM

That was better than 95 percent of the bagwork you'll ever find online. I have nothing constructive to say. A+
Posted by: Cord

Re: Round 3! - 07/02/07 02:22 PM

Quote:

That was better than 95 percent of the bagwork you'll ever find online. I have nothing constructive to say. A+

i agree, but Eveal is his own harshest critic, and is striving to improve in even the smallest detail possible. Rounds 1 and 2 were both pretty damn impressive, but his work ethic and wish to here feedback has lead to round 3 being the best example he has posted so far. His sparring clip was pretty damn sharp too. The big guys got got game
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Round 3! - 07/05/07 04:34 PM

Finally got to watch it!

Agreed with Cord, et al. Brandon, your work is sharp, and your commitment to improvement is most impressive.
Posted by: Tom2199

Re: Round 3! - 07/08/07 11:20 AM

VERY NICE
so good to see,
a tip try training for more explosive power lets see some speed on those punches next