My first 'Muay Thai' class......

Posted by: grumbleweed

My first 'Muay Thai' class...... - 06/18/07 06:36 PM

......was great fun despite the fact i will have a few bruises to nurse tomorrow, i dread to think about my condition without pads , my partner was thick set and hit/kicked rather hard.(its sobering to imagine just how brutal a full contact fight would be!!!) Wearing glasses is a real pain in the *ss though having to remove at times then put back on to watch instruction, however not the end of the world, i wasn't the only 4 eyes there! Anyway, i will go back. They seemed a layed back mixed crowd

Now cord cant spend eternity chewing my ear for making more excuses and not going again as he threatend too

The mrs was suitably impressed with my going, so i expect a full massage tomorrow on my aching body
Posted by: MattJ

Re: My first 'Muay Thai' class...... - 06/18/07 07:55 PM

Grumble -

Congrats on the first class! I've never had a chance to do MT, and it sounds very tough. Keep us posted if *ahem* I mean WHEN you go back.
Posted by: Taison

Re: My first 'Muay Thai' class...... - 06/18/07 10:20 PM

Su su! Su woi! (Fight fight! Fight "exclamation")

Good going there.

Cord's gonna be happy

-Taison out
Posted by: Cord

Re: My first 'Muay Thai' class...... - 06/19/07 11:02 AM

yay! Grumbleweed finally grew a set...er I mean 'found the time' to try out something he has been talking about for over a year

I am very pleased for him that he enjoyed it and that the crowd was friendly and welcoming (this can also be read as a big 'I TOLD YOU SO' ).

don't look to me for the massage bro', you done good, but not that good

Who knows, maybe you will motivate me to come along with you? The great thing about it is that you are the practicing martial artist now, whilst I am retired and sustained by the heavy bag and past training.

i await your pi$$taking at work with pleasure

Re: My first 'Muay Thai' class...... - 06/20/07 06:25 PM

thanks lads for the words of encouragement. my left thigh still hurts quite a bit where i got swept off my feet and landed on his foot , i cant walk right nevermind go for a run or do leg presses ....anyway cycling isn't affected by it and in any case i think i'll be ok by next week. yes cord, i'll pave the way and maybe you can join me on a regular basis.
who else here has glasses/eyesight issues to deal with?....i'm thinking of soft contact lenses, glasses are such a pain in the rear
Posted by: Taison

Re: My first 'Muay Thai' class...... - 06/20/07 10:57 PM

Go for the clinch, then you won't need to look

Note; I wear contact lenses. My vision isn't impaired, I just like having blue eyes like dad.

-Taison out
Posted by: ACEZERO

Re: My first 'Muay Thai' class...... - 07/03/07 01:40 PM

yeah i remember my first m t class it was not what i was looking for
Posted by: shadowkahn

Re: My first 'Muay Thai' class...... - 07/03/07 03:13 PM

I wear glasses too and taking them on and off was a royal pain. Then I found out you can get prescription safety glasses - the kind metal workers use when they're grinding. They're made entirely of lightweight plastic or polycarbonate and can take a pretty good impact. Started wearing those in the dojo and, aside from some good natured ribbing about how studly I now looked, was completely satisfied.

Re: My first 'Muay Thai' class...... - 07/03/07 03:18 PM

Interesting. Will investigate this.