Dangerous Muay Thai

Posted by: WhiteDragon11

Dangerous Muay Thai - 05/11/07 07:13 PM

I have never done Muay Thai just heard about it and seen it in movies, yeah info off movies how reliable. Well my friend was telling me he did Muay Thai and in his training he broke all his knuckles, his feet, his nose 4 times, and his eye got dislocated. How crazy? Man you guys who do it must be tough.
Posted by: student_of_life

Re: Dangerous Muay Thai - 05/12/07 01:03 AM

full contact anything is rough. every play ultimate frisbee?
Posted by: Jer_sm

Re: Dangerous Muay Thai - 05/12/07 01:40 AM

you cant be scared to take a hit.

ultimate frisbee rocks
ever play full contact lacross?
Posted by: Taison

Re: Dangerous Muay Thai - 05/12/07 05:18 AM

Quote:

my friend was telling me he did Muay Thai and in his training he broke all his knuckles, his feet, his nose 4 times, and his eye got dislocated.

Oh well, it happens.

How long has he done MT? With all those injuries it seems he's done it for a long while. If he's been doing it for 6 months and said that, you better go reflect on your friend's honesty.

-Taison out
Posted by: Tom2199

Re: Dangerous Muay Thai - 05/12/07 10:00 AM

boxing is worse on the nose, you better get used to the idea of having a very misshapen/flat/crooked nose

Re: Dangerous Muay Thai - 05/12/07 01:48 PM

I dont know how long he has been doing it, but yeah he has a messed up nose lol.
Posted by: Hagakure

Re: Dangerous Muay Thai - 05/13/07 01:32 PM

Quote:

I dont know how long he has been doing it, but yeah he has a messed up nose lol.

Like owen wilson?

Re: Dangerous Muay Thai - 05/13/07 03:43 PM

Ha yeah something like that.
Posted by: formless

Re: Dangerous Muay Thai - 05/21/07 11:39 PM

been doing boxing/MT for about 4 years now, worst i ever got was bruised ribs, guess im just that good
Posted by: Taison

Re: Dangerous Muay Thai - 05/21/07 11:41 PM

Or you've only met opponent's who couldn't walk the walk, only talk the talk.

-Taison out
Posted by: formless

Re: Dangerous Muay Thai - 05/24/07 12:17 PM

nah, ive been beaten down plenty of times, more than i care for, and the ribs were the only one hurt so far. maybe i am just lucky my partners have great control.