David Haye.... gets heavy

Posted by: Prizewriter

David Haye.... gets heavy - 04/28/07 06:38 AM

David Haye made his heavyweight debut last night (well, his professional heavyweight debut). One word: WOW!

Did anyone else see it?
Posted by: Cord

Re: David Haye.... gets heavy - 04/28/07 07:19 AM

Yes indeed i did. I was a little hesitant to post a thread on in due to not really knowing the previous form of his oponent. Irrespective of that however, it would appear that what Haye has always said (he struggles to rinse down to cruiser, and suffers for the effort) is absolutely true. His trademark speed survived the weight increase unhindered, and as for the power- . I have always been of the opinion that Haye had enough hitting power to take on heavy's whilst a cruiser, but last night he unleashed a small flash of his true potential, and it was awesome. He nearly floored the guy with his first jab for goodness sake .

once he gets his cruiserweight title fight out of the way (he is mandatory challenger), win or lose I expect him to move back up to heavyweight where, at just 26 years old, I have high hopes of him being the saviour of the division. He has the reflexes, power and athleticism to negate any of the fatties and genetic freaks that populate the class, and he has the charisma to break america.
Posted by: Prizewriter

Re: David Haye.... gets heavy (Spoiler) - 04/28/07 07:53 AM

Bonin was ranked number 11 by the WBC for what that is worth. Looking at his record, there aren't too many names on it. But it took Audley Harrison 9 rounds to stop Bonin.

Anyway, it was a great win. I honestly think he could not fight for the cruiserwieght title at the moment. He intends to give it up (the title) anyway should he win it.
Posted by: Cord

Re: David Haye.... gets heavy (Spoiler) - 04/28/07 07:59 AM

oh absolutely, he will not keep at cruiserweight, but winning his title shot would make him undisputed cruiser champ, thus helping start him higher up the heavyweight ladder when he makes the move permanent. He definately wants to fight at cruiser one more time for the belt(s). Maloney has said the fight will be negotiated for before September providing Don King comes up with some sensible figures during negotiation.
Posted by: Al_Fernz

Re: David Haye.... gets heavy (Spoiler) - 04/29/07 06:12 PM

I too was very impressed. Everything about David Haye I like. He seems like a top guy both inside and outside the ring. Great attitude. Did you see the slow-mo's of Bonins face when he got hit? I think Haye is the real deal and has the potential to be a heavyweight champion. His ring-card girls weren't half-bad either!