Full sparring video (me)

Posted by: Eveal

Full sparring video (me) - 04/17/07 06:36 PM

Hey guys this is the full video of the sparring session that me and my training partner had. Remember its light contact but some shots were pretty heavy. Skip through the rest periods lol...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8587121794047668609

Brandon!
Posted by: Cord

Re: Full sparring video (me) - 04/18/07 04:12 AM

Nice stuff Eveal.

Round 1 you started with a great control of the 'ring' holding the centre and him coming to you- then he had to put his shield in, and after the brief pause, you gave up your centre position . You re adjusted and planted yourself more central in the 3rd round and got greater success- whilst you are good at covering and defending on the back foot, you seem most definitely to be an offensive or 'marching' fighter, and when you asserted that plan you started getting the better of him.
Early in round 4 that right cross to his body really stiffened his legs- he definitely felt that one and from there on in as he fatigued, your overhand right found a home with regularity.
I have a question regarding the uppercut- why wasn't it there? your oponents guard and tendency to loosen up as he came forward was begging for an uppercut from your compact defence. I know that uppercuts are more difficult to keep 'light' so maybe you just didnt want to hurt him by accident?
Good footwork, tight guard, and more body movement than on the heavy bag clip. You look like a pretty sharp cruiserweight boxer, which is, I presume, precisely what you are aiming to be. Good job