Me sparring (light)

Posted by: Eveal

Me sparring (light) - 03/31/07 08:01 AM

Just alittle boxing sparring here. I train in abit of everything to add to my game but this is for my boxing. Give me tips please!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=61UIhEjrgI4

I am the guy in the blue shirt.

Brandon
Posted by: Prizewriter

Re: Me sparring (light) - 03/31/07 08:37 AM

Good stuff man!

A lot of good things in there. Only some minor pointers:

i) Try and shoot your jab out. This can be hard to do if you are sparring lightly, but really try and fully extend the arm.

ii) Your left dropped towards the end. A common problem for many, it happens when you get tired.

iii) You seemed to move counter-clockwise almost all of the time when circling. Try and mix it up, counter clockwise, then clockwise, then counter clockwise etc... Keep 'em guessing.

Other than that, you did a good job. Keep it up! (guard included lol!)
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Me sparring (light) - 03/31/07 08:56 AM

Very nice, Brandon! You looked pretty sharp. I like the combos, and your "leap-in" left. Good timing.

Posted by: Tom2199

Re: Me sparring (light) - 03/31/07 10:26 AM

Im liking it a lot one of the best vids posted, keep your guard high though and get used to punching from your head not some much from your waste- your head looked like a sitting duck at points a much more experienced boxer would have picked you off.

You guys look like your having fun! try some 16 oz gloves and land those shots, let him walk onto your jab. Also those rounds were really short push push push!
Posted by: Dudley32

Re: Me sparring (light) - 03/31/07 02:15 PM

looks pretty good.
One thing I noticed was you seemed to be on your heels a lot. Remember keep on your toes! literally. Jump roping helps with this a lot.

I noticed on your right cross your left hand would go down leaving you open for a nice right hook. Remember to tuck that chin and have the other hand guard your chin.

I would also be careful with the hop in hook. You left yourself wide for a nice upercut.

Other than that lookin good. keep practicin

Matt
Posted by: Jer_sm

Re: Me sparring (light) - 03/31/07 04:52 PM

nice, like some stated above. keep those hands up. you dont wana let em get easy points.
Posted by: Eveal

Re: Me sparring (light) - 03/31/07 06:21 PM

I just realise that the video was cut short. I will upload the full version very soon. Thanks for the help and give me more on the next one.

Brandon