mike tyson vs bruce lee

Posted by: Jer_sm

mike tyson vs bruce lee - 03/28/07 03:16 PM

yeah, i see this posted a lot. people acutally think bruce lee would stand a chance in a match against mike tyson.

i mean sure bruce knows how to punch and pound for pound he is really strong. not so much endurance though.

but do you guys really think he would stand a chance against a legend like mike tyson?

i dont think it would go past the first 30 seconds of the first round. OR bruce is a no show cuz hes too scared.
Posted by: Zombie Zero

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 03/28/07 03:20 PM

It's hilarious to me when people talk about Bruce Lee in the present tense.

Mike Tyson = Alive
Bruce Lee = Not

Winner... Tyson by default.

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 03/28/07 03:24 PM

pshhh...

IF bruce was alive then.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 03/28/07 03:25 PM

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 03/28/07 03:27 PM

you make a great point matt.
Posted by: Zombie Zero

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 03/28/07 03:30 PM

Quote:

pshhh...

IF bruce was alive then.

In that case, he'd be 66 years old. Advantage Tyson.
Then again, these days, Tyson has a LOT of quit in him. Don't know what kind of shape Lee would be in today. Advantage Lee.

What rule set are we using? Is this a street fight? UFC match? Is Tyson restricted to boxing rules? Is Lee? This is all purely speculative.
Posted by: Dauragon c mikado

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 03/28/07 03:35 PM

Quote:

not so much endurance though.

Have you actually seen the guys routine?
Posted by: Cord

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 03/28/07 03:52 PM

Quote:

yeah, i see this posted a lot. people acutally think bruce lee would stand a chance in a match against mike tyson.

i mean sure bruce knows how to punch and pound for pound he is really strong. not so much endurance though.

but do you guys really think he would stand a chance against a legend like mike tyson?

i dont think it would go past the first 30 seconds of the first round. OR bruce is a no show cuz hes too scared.

this is a redundant argument as clearly Mr. T would beat them both with one Chuck Norris tied behind his back.

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 03/28/07 04:38 PM

MAN... you guys...

erm nvm, but uhh i was just joking around like i said tyson in his prime vs lee in his prime. not at their current age..

ANYWAYS obviously you guys take this too seriously :P so
forget it.
Posted by: Prizewriter

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 03/28/07 05:55 PM

Think that is for the best on this one...
Posted by: govt_issued

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 03/30/07 04:03 PM

Oh ya? Well how about this one?

The green power ranger vs. Michaelangelo (the ninja turtle)

Both in their prime of course. Streetfighting. And no, mikey can't use his chucks.
Posted by: gojuwarrior1

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 03/30/07 05:41 PM

Lets settle this once and for all. Someone make a computer generated fight and then we will see who the best was.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 03/30/07 05:43 PM

BJJ FTW!

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 03/30/07 06:33 PM

Quote:

Oh ya? Well how about this one?

The green power ranger vs. Michaelangelo (the ninja turtle)

Both in their prime of course. Streetfighting. And no, mikey can't use his chucks.

the ninja turtle wins hands dowmn.

but uhhh, im pretty sure th master chief from halo can take both of them at once.
Posted by: ShangTsung

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 03/31/07 10:19 AM

It doesent seem like you have looked at Tyson Or Bruces training in much detail, These kinds od posts are stupid but if i had to asner i would bet on Bruce. Sure tyson might be stronger but you could just attack his joints like his knee bruce could of kicked him before tyson got near him. And how can u say bruce had bad stamina have u any idea of his training ?
Posted by: Taison

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/01/07 11:19 AM

Taison wins because he can lock this thread, and he's a demi-god in the boxing forum so his words are the law.

Tyson is 17-19 stones, BL was 8-10 stones. You're talking about a fight between a guy that literally weights 2x times more than the other, not only that, has a punch that could break ribs. Tyson in his prime was well conditioned, well nurtured and definitely had access to supplments that BL could only dream of in his days.

Tyson would win in his prime.

And that's the final verdict.

Case closed.

-Taison out
Posted by: Chen Zen

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/01/07 12:57 PM

You just said that cuz your name sounds like his.

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/01/07 12:59 PM

tyson would murder him :[.

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/01/07 01:01 PM

Bruce lee would murder him even more!

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/01/07 01:06 PM

Its all speculation. In a ring, with boxing rules id say Taison. In your local alley, Id say Bruce.

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/01/07 01:12 PM

Yeah, but Bruce did this and that, Tyson didn't do this and that, HA!!

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/01/07 02:53 PM

Quote:

In your local alley, Id say Bruce.

Not in my local alley he wouldn't. I would win there

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/01/07 02:54 PM

Same reason I didnt say in MY alley.

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/01/07 04:40 PM

i still say tyson would win.

first punch in any of your alleys.

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/01/07 06:00 PM

Quote:

first punch in any of your alleys.

But only I know where the weapons and my 12 friends are situated in my alley

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/02/07 06:25 AM

In an alley, Tyson would call Tupac Shakur, and he'll arrive with his crew. Then BL would be screaming in pain, as the crew literally rap him to death with gibberish lyrics and bad beats.

-Taison out
Posted by: Tom2199

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/02/07 11:49 AM

nah Bruce would fry them some nice Chinese cuisine so they wouldn't have time to speak, they'd all sit down and talk about how all this fighting is just a cover up for their true passion, To make it in Broadway!

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/02/07 08:01 PM

what they dont know is tupac called up snoop dog. while they are eating s to the n to the double o-p pops out of the blue with a rat-a-tat-tat of his ak shooting like a wild man. izzle
Posted by: Shadowtitan

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/04/07 11:29 PM

Resisting the urge to make any jokes, this is a really stupid question. Obviously in a boxing ring tyson would win no doubt about it unless bruce got real lucky. But in a street fight if bruce could just break a bone...but always rember theres a major luck factor, so its obviously impossible to answer, but i figure everyone knows that already.

And seriusly Bruce has no endurance...where the hell did you hear that...man its times like this i want to kill someone, stupid people...bah...

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/06/07 04:42 PM

i still think mike would beat bruce in a street fight.

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/06/07 04:46 PM

A man who ran ten miles a day has no endurance? ok.

The man trained many champions, I would imagine he knew what he was doing and had the capacity to perform quiet well. Its bruce's speed and intelligence that would have destroyed Iron Mike outside the ring. I think Bruce probably would have a chance in the ring if he wasnt reduced to only boxing style punches. Irregardless, retarded topic, and its been done beore too.

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/06/07 04:47 PM

Mike Tyson in his prime was a 220lb man who made a living out of actualy hitting people.
Bruce Lee was a 150lb man who made a living out of acting and theorising on the best way to hit people.

Draw your own conclusions from this truth.

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/06/07 04:53 PM

Very true.

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/06/07 05:49 PM

Quote:

Mike Tyson in his prime was a 220lb man who made a living out of actualy hitting people.
Bruce Lee was a 150lb man who made a living out of acting and theorising on the best way to hit people.

Draw your own conclusions from this truth.

touche!
Posted by: Tom2199

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/06/07 07:42 PM

As far as intelligence goes i think Mike has what he does down to the science my friend, the guy pretty much moves faster than most of us type is freakishly strong and is conditioned as Bruce could ever have been.

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/06/07 07:54 PM

While he was fast, and in great shape, make no mistake that he was no technical wizard. He had a hard and fast punch. Thats it. Thats why he lost to quality fighters like Holyfeild and lewis. Not to mention he could barely make it past the third round before gassing out.

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/07/07 12:30 AM

tyson made the tools he had work for him. Those tools worked great for him. tyson has lost to a hand full of quality fighter but has beaten a lot.

you could say the same thing for lewis and hoylfield. they both have loses and wins just like mike.

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/07/07 02:10 AM

Tyson was actually simple-minded. He'd rush you from round one until round twelve.

Lennox, Holyfield. . both were 'boxers'. It was fairly easy for them to win over Mike.

In this cases, Mike was a raging bull, while Lennox/Holyfield were matadors.

-Taison out

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/07/07 02:26 AM

Exactly.

Personally, I believe bruce would have been a highly skilled matador.

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/07/07 02:37 AM

To be honest, Mike had lousy techniques.

His defense was virtually non-existant which became obvious during the later years of his career (basically he was beaten to pulp because he didn't have defense).

His strength and stamina got diminished, so he couldn't do the same "rush from round 1" tactic anymore.

His offense relied on constantly hitting the opponent to force your game and rhytm onto them, which didn't work later when he couldn't apply constant pressure.

Basically, his style worked only when you got a boxer in his prime. If he starts losing strength, stamina and endurance, this style will backfire on you.

Lennox's style, although boring as hell, is the safe way to play.

-Taison out

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/07/07 10:24 AM

rocky marciano seemed to be doing pretty [censored] good with that bull rush style. he was on you from 1-12 slugging.
Tyson had more defence then marciano and he had a pretty damn good bob and weave and counters.

correct me if i am wrong but i do beleive tyson started to do bad after his jail sentance.

i still think tyson would win. only way bruce could really fight back i think is with kicks befor mike is all over him.

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/07/07 10:37 AM

Don't know what you've seen, but Tyson lacked one thing. Defense. None whatsoever, in his prime, after or before. He never had any type of defense.

Basically if you bull-rushed Tyson, he wouldn't know how to act accordingly. Now the thing was that Tyson never was bull-rushed because at his weight division few could do what he did. Most of the heavyweight division at his time (Late 80's) were out-boxers.

Rocky. You're stepping on delicate stones here. He had defense, trust me. Or he wouldn't be coined the top of the fierce trio (Marciano, Dempsey, Tyson).

At the time when Rocky was fighting didn't have to fight defensively because his cross would break down your defenses by round 3, which is quite quick if you look in boxing in detail. You had two options when you fought with Rocky, take the cross, or the uppercut.

Marciano was very good in doing offense defensively. He could get in, and stay inside without taking much damage something Tyson never was able to do. Tyson was coined "bull in a china shop" because he could get in, but he got hit a lot while in so he was basically giving and taking, whereas Marciano was mostly giving.

Quote:

correct me if i am wrong but i do beleive tyson started to do bad after his jail sentance.

This is my own opinion and it might not be right. Tyson was doomed when he rose to stardom. He started slacking off, he never took any fight seriously, he trained no harder than a kindergarten kid at PE class. He did so many things which weren't necessary but that's going into non-boxing stuff here, and I'm locking this thread if we're talking about Tyson's background. Have some respect for the man.

If we're talking about power, all hands down to Dempsey. No point in arguing that. He was the reason for the neutral corner rule, do I have to explain more?

Quote:

only way bruce could really fight back i think is with kicks befor mike is all over him.

It's not even an even match. Do you have problems with weight differention? 7 stones vs 17 stones. 150 lbs vs 220 lbs. We're talking about a guy that weighed little more than 60kg vs a guy who weighed 110kg. It's not even a fair match.
(Don't pick on me because of my math. I suck at it.)

-Taison out
Posted by: Shadowtitan

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/07/07 11:53 AM

If we are talking about a street fight...couldent someone just pull out a knife? y'know use their intellegents? to win the fight. dont think Mike or Bruce could box or kick with a knife in their heart?

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/07/07 02:48 PM

Marciano did have defence but he ate a [censored] load of em too. if he dodged a jab he would almost say sorry and put himself right back in the way. :P

they aren't just gona jump infront of the knife xP.
PLUS its a street fight. not a murder

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/07/07 09:05 PM

Tyson had no defense? I've seen the guy skillfully avoid his opponents attacks by ducking and leaning quite a few times, and as with most of his fights the other guy ended the fight wondering where the hell his jaw went because he could swear he had one earlier...

dcm

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/09/07 02:01 PM

HAHA funny how everyone said it was a dumb topic. yet most of those people are taking part in it.

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/10/07 03:24 AM

If it can be argued, it can be found here at FA!
Posted by: Skullkrusher

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/15/07 06:30 PM

I think Tyson's decline was after the death of Cuss Damato. Tyson did have decent defense, I thought. Remember how he'd tuck his chin, hold the gloves over it, and rush inside on someone to unleash some serious uppercuts? After Cuss died, his training went to crap, and people who would actually box him (keep him at a distance jabbing and so forth) could do a number on him.

I think Tyson would take Lee...but Lee would definitely get some shots in.

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/15/07 06:34 PM

I feel sorry for both Mike and Cus.
Mike for losing the closest thing he ever had to a father, and Cus for not getting to see his success...

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/17/07 04:26 PM

yeah.. mike didn't have anything. no friends no nothing, he was alone.

"hated by most, respected by all"
Posted by: Mastah

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 04/18/07 06:48 AM

I say it could be either one, both were legends and skilled. Though if anything was allowed i give it to bruce for he could just strike joing and pressure points, BUT if mike would get a hit on him either in the jaw or temple it would be a done deal aswell.
Posted by: Turner

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 05/06/07 05:09 PM

jesus christ jer_sm talk about annoying mate

End of day bruce is dead tyson is not who cares who would win get your head out of tysons [horrible word].

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee - 05/06/07 09:45 PM

Quote:

jesus christ jer_sm talk about annoying mate

End of day bruce is dead tyson is not who cares who would win get your head out of tysons [horrible word].

hey mate, if am so annoying why did you read my posts or even bother replying? unless you are trying to pick a fight.
I KNOW tyson is alive and bruce is dead... ive known this for quite some times and it has been stated by a hand full of people already.

I dont see the problem in asking a simple question like who would win in a fight with those 2 trained fighters. I do beleive it is a legitimate question. There are no rules against it.(that i am aware of) Only people who feel the need to argue, mate.
Posted by: Kwai_Chang_Kaine

mike tyson vs bruce lee? - 05/07/07 04:28 AM

That is quite unfair to assume that Bruce Lee wasn't a great Martial Artist just because Mike Tyson would evidently win. First of all Bruce Lee had influenced many martial artists and even boxers, including Sugar Ray Leonard by his concepts and skills and by the way he moved. Even Arnold had commented early on that he was influenced by Bruce Lee's intensity.

Bruce Lee was intense

To match up a 135 pound man at 5'7" against a 5'11 220 pound Heavyweight Champion, who was one of the best in history is quite unfair.

Name any 135 pound man that would have beaten Iron Mike?

In 1970 Bruce Lee was ahead of the many in thought and training procedure. And he discovered and trained himself most of the more advanced martial arts knowledge and skill that he had aquired.

Mike Tyson was handled by numerous modern day trainers who had instilled great skills that Bruce Lee would have noted and surely would commented about. Remeber Bruce had talked about what if he and Ali had gotten in a fight. Bruce had said that Ali would have killed him, First off because of his size along with the skill.

Still The fact that Bruce Lee is still talked about shows his uniqueness. He was a great actor and choreographer and athlete. He was quite philosophical and artistic and also a great teacher.

Mike Tyson was a great Boxer- and a wrecking machine, that's about it.

You know Bruce was very clever and knew how to adapt. Perhaps if Bruce Lee pulled out his nunchakus or even threw a few darts..well Mike Tyson would have been defeated by him.

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee? - 05/07/07 06:45 AM

And this is the end of this discussion. I feel that the thread has moved from being educative towards confused mish-mashing of facts.

The only thing we know is that we won't ever know. They were fighters of two different eras, one being an actor another being a sportsman. Can't really compare them, now can you?

So this is the end of discussion.

Oh, Chang-hai Kwai, what happened to the David Carradine pictures you used to add to every post of yours?

-Taison out

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee? - 05/07/07 02:41 PM

End of discussion eh?

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee? - 05/07/07 04:10 PM

Quote:

And this is the end of this discussion. I feel that the thread has moved from being educative towards confused mish-mashing of facts.

LOL... mish-mash... OK, i just wanted to say that. im done.

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee? - 05/07/07 06:54 PM

Normally when a mod says it's the end of a discussion they usually mean to lock it, but maybe I'm just old fashion that way, or atleast misunderstood. (Strange, I don't normally encourage thread locking...)

Re: mike tyson vs bruce lee? - 05/08/07 12:00 AM

You see, I don't like locking threads but yeah, seeing how this has run its course; I'm locking it now.

-Taison out