Marciano VS Ali

Posted by: Dauragon c mikado

Marciano VS Ali - 03/20/07 11:27 PM

Here is a clip of the computer fight that has caused alot of controversy over the years...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akMXidwyyfg

Re: Marciano VS Ali - 03/20/07 11:47 PM

Here are a couple of videos that show the difference in their styles fairly well, though the Ali video may seem more impressive because he was better documented but seeing the f*ucking scarey power of Marciano more than makes up for it.
These are just basically to help you decide.

Marciano highlights:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sONtYhVTnHg

Ali Highlights:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w68sXTLsdqI

Enjoy!

dcm
Posted by: Jer_sm

Re: Marciano VS Ali - 03/21/07 07:07 PM

i think marciano would win the fight. he was in incredicle shape for his slugger style of boxing.

He also had a chin made of iron on his side.The Title Fight.Jersey Joe Walcott, the first tiem he was knocked down after 43 fights he was up at the count of three, despite his corner yelling for him to take the 8 count. "I don’t know how Rocky got up, when he got nailed that left hook…perfect shot," Angelo Dundee said.
Rocky claims he wasen't even dazed by this hit.

After archie moore lost to rocky, he was asked which of Marciano's punches it was that hurt him, Archie told reporters, "Man, they All hurt." He would also say that, "After a fight with Marciano, you felt like you had been beaten all over the upper body with a blackjack or hit with rocks." rocky was tireless and relentless. he was an ultra in fighter.

In the fight with ronald lasterza, lasterza kept stepping back, blocking and he kept close to the ropes as rocky swang
A frustrated Rocky started to hit his arms till they dropped.

Rocky savagely beat LaStarza's arms and upper body, until huge hematomas began appearing on the forearms. By the 10th round, Roland could barely lift his gloves above his shoulders. In the 11th, Marciano battered him terribly, knocking him down and through the ropes before the refree stopped the slaughter. LaStarza had chipped bones in his elbows and ruptured blood vessals that turned to hardened clots in his forearms and had to have surgery to repair the damage. It was this display of power that had Joe Frazier remark,when he watched Ali rope-a-dope Foreman, "he couldn't have pulled that with Rocky Marciano!"
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Marciano VS Ali - 03/30/07 04:24 PM

Thanks for finding those hilights. Very cool. Both were amazing fighters. Ali had an incredible technical reptoire, and Marciano had incredible power.
Posted by: Prizewriter

Re: Marciano VS Ali - 03/30/07 05:32 PM

This was actually responsible for a large chunk of the plot in movie Rocky Balboa (the computer simulation in the movie).

There is a perception with boxing historians that Rocky Marciano faught the right figthers at the right times i.e. when they were past their prime. How would he handle a prime Ali? Hard to say.
Posted by: Cord

Re: Marciano VS Ali - 03/30/07 06:19 PM

Quote:

How would he handle a prime Ali? Hard to say.

I think he would have caught Ali on the chin and got a ko victory, or he would have lost on points having failed to close Ali down.
Foreman and liston both had crazy power, Ali was used to dealing with crazy power, but sometimes he inevitably got caught out- 'enry's 'ammer springs to mind
Posted by: Jer_sm

Re: Marciano VS Ali - 03/30/07 06:29 PM

Marcniano was a small heavy weight. unlike Foreman and liston, marciano was a fitness freak and ever since his loss in amateur he had an obsession for endurance.

everyone of his fights, he goes the whole match with relentless power shots. i dont think foreman or liston could pull this off. one of ali's tactics was to tire his oppenent out.(rope-a-dope) I dont think it would have worked with marciano.

he could replace the energizer bunny. he keeps going and going and going.
Posted by: Skullkrusher

Re: Marciano VS Ali - 04/15/07 06:20 PM

Thankfully Blockbuster online had the DVD of this fight and I watched it a while back. It was better than about 99% of the heavyweight bouts I've seen over the last several years...they went at it like middleweights.

Personally I think the simulation was pretty accurate and Marciano would take Ali.

Re: Marciano VS Ali - 04/15/07 06:30 PM

I can't actually 'buy'anything on the internet:

A-because for some reason I cant get a paypal account going.
B-Most sites only takes credit cards instead of debit

I tried downloading it off of limewire but still no luck there....

I really wanna see the whole thing, but noo~, fate has to find more ways to annoy me...