Mike Zambidis

Posted by: Taison

Mike Zambidis - 03/08/07 07:44 AM

What happens when you combine the "blunt force trauma" of Rocky Balboa, the flying knees and kicks of Buakaw Por Pramuk, the technical genius of Rocky Marciano, the heart and soul of a Spartan warrior and put them all into a body no taller than 165 cm?

You get my "twin"; Mike Zambidis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KurrUEY9qq4

By twin doesn't mean I'm good like him, or anything. It just means his style is pretty similar to mine. We both don't use the jabs, we both abuse the shovel hooks and lead hooks, have devastating body shots, and love doing knees from unorthodox angles.

And we both have "Iron" as our nickname.

Enjoy the highlights. If you don't know him, you've missed out a lot.

-Taison out
Posted by: Tom2199

Re: Mike Zambidis - 03/08/07 08:29 AM

thanks for that Taison his hooks are a beaut

Re: Mike Zambidis - 03/08/07 08:40 AM

Really good body blows. If only he was a bit taller and bigger. Clinches are destroying him recently.

His main weakness is the clinch. He is very weak in that area. To beat Zambidis, get him into the clinch, and for the love of god, don't let him out.

He also seems to exhaust out in the 3rd round, another weakness. If you were to beat him in his own game, you'll need to last all his attack until 3rd round.

Another weakness? No jab. Sadly, but since his reach is short, he has no use for the jab. By the time he steps in to deliver a jab, he's already in the distance to deliver hooks and uppercuts. The interesting thing is, because of his short reach, the cross is an option for him in in-fighting. Imagine being able to deliver the strongest blow, from inside. Yikes!

-Taison out
Posted by: Ayub

Re: Mike Zambidis - 03/08/07 09:32 AM

Wow, you must be a very dangerous little fella . I like the style, but coming from a JKD background I think the jab is of integral importance. Now get to the nearest heavy bag and jab 500 times, like this:

Re: Mike Zambidis - 03/08/07 09:46 AM

I'm not dangerous, I'm just like the rest of you. Normal.

Jab hasn't been that important for me. I use my teep to check my distance, and by the time I deliver a jab, I'm in a position to deliver better blows such as hooks.

But the jab is effective and shouldn't be ignored. Boxers that don't use the jab will be defeated by the jab. That's a fact.

Quote:

Now get to the nearest heavy bag and jab 500 times, like this:

I'm going to jab like this;

-Taison out
Posted by: Legend of the Hungry Wolf

Re: Mike Zambidis - 03/09/07 11:21 AM

great video. very cool. This guy is very good with his legs. kicking is not my thing, but mike zambidis is just one of those guys who can make it work. The video makes it appear as though he's on a different level than his opponents.

I like the feint RH, to a straight. the shot where he would fake the beginning of a kick and just throw a straight on one foot(3:13 for example). very cool. and his jumping knees, also very cool.