New 2 Forums... Sry if wrong section!!!

Posted by: TwiggetArms

New 2 Forums... Sry if wrong section!!! - 12/17/06 12:39 PM

Well I just wanted to post and let everyone know who I was b4 my name started poping up around the forums...This is my first fighting forum I mostly stayed with the bodybuilding area but im training to fight after my 18th birthday and have been doing so since I was 16.. I have a freestyle type-fighting technique but I really plan to have a all around mixed personal technique.

Taking fighting seriously, im joining military branch after graduation and will be traveling hopefully to places where theres plenty of compitition fighting to be done (ring not iraq).

Never been in official match. Been in plenty of fights and around 10-15 backyard matches (boxing mostly). Havent lost yet but honestly mostly been fighting drunk or idoit kids who dont know what they are doing.

Well wanted to introduce myself... Names Twigget. Hope I can help some out just as much as I can learn here.
Posted by: Prizewriter

Re: New 2 Forums... Sry if wrong section!!! - 12/17/06 01:12 PM

"I was trolling through the park one day la la la..."
Posted by: TanOsaurus

Re: New 2 Forums... Sry if I Twink you out!!! - 12/17/06 01:53 PM

Good Luck with that...

Re: New 2 Forums... Sry if I Twink you out!!! - 12/17/06 04:04 PM

LOL!!!!

We'll atleast I know this is a more serious forum and you guys dont like hearing the BS!!!

Ill post my fights up here soon so you guys can see. Can I just encode the video's or must I make it a save as program?

Re: New 2 Forums... Sry if I Twink you out!!! - 12/17/06 07:00 PM

Oh yeah yeah for sure defintely do that. Videos oh yeah...encoding.. save as.... hmmm yeah sounds good. Make sure to include the one were you defeat King Kong and that time you caught Moby [censored].....

Re: New 2 Forums... Sry if I Twink you out!!! - 12/17/06 08:44 PM

Wow... Whats up with the hostile fire? My bad for introducing myself and maybe adding a little chit-chat but darn.

Must be a lot of Hard(censored)s on here or something.

And what because I have vidoes of my fights means something negative. And encoding is simply a way to add something through a url it was a question not a reason for you to try and be a jerk!

Thx for the positive welcome though guys!!!! Ill Remember all of you tommorrow during hammer training .
Posted by: Taison

Re: New 2 Forums... Sry if I Twink you out!!! - 12/17/06 10:26 PM

Welcome to the boxing forum.

Sorry for the hostility but most people here are really seasoned. It's not that easy going on this forum stating you've done something really macho and expect people to believe you.

For example, Prizewriter here. He's respected and seen as a serious contributor due to his knowledge of the sport and art of Boxing.

Another thing is we have had plenty of trolls coming on here and posting stuff which was frankly, bs.

It'll be hard to gain acceptance in the beginning but try hard maybe people will listen.

Me? It takes a lot more than 15 backyard matches and a few videos to impress me.

I don't mind videos, but don't forget, too many will annoy me, and will ultimately lead to your demise.

Anyway, enjoy your stay and train hard.

-Taison out

Ngong jing jing lei kon roon mai. (Youngsters really confuses me, really.) A little Thai

Re: New 2 Forums... Sry if I Twink you out!!! - 12/18/06 06:36 AM

Quote:

Wow... Whats up with the hostile fire? My bad for introducing myself and maybe adding a little chit-chat but darn.

And what because I have vidoes of my fights means something negative. And encoding is simply a way to add something through a url it was a question not a reason for you to try and be a jerk!

Thx for the positive welcome though guys!!!! Ill Remember all of you tommorrow during hammer training .

Really, I'm terrified. Hope my 8 years of boxing will be enough to save me.

First off, if you are DUMB enough to engage in ILLEGAL fighting AND VIDEO YOURSELF doing it, you have to question your sanity. And then posting yourself engaging in ILLEGAL activity on the net. Good job.

Second, I take it English is not your first language? You seem to have difficulty with spelling and grammar, so maybe your posts aren't coming over as you mean to.

Thridly, fighting "kids" and "drunken idiots". So what? Get in a ring with a trained boxer, a Muay Thai practioner or kick boxer, hit the mat with a BJJ student or a Judoka, or go to a MMA club and pick a fight there. Places where people know what they are doing. Then we will talk. I have no time for kids who fight other kids and think they are Mike Friggin Tyson. Right now you are a nobody who has faught nobodies and given idiotic advice on the strengthening forum.

Feel free to correct me though. Tell us all about how and where you have trained, and how you came about this "style" of yours.

Re: New 2 Forums... Sry if I Twink you out!!! - 12/18/06 09:33 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Really, I'm terrified. Hope my 8 years of boxing will be enough to save me.

First off, if you are DUMB enough to engage in ILLEGAL fighting AND VIDEO YOURSELF doing it, you have to question your sanity. And then posting yourself engaging in ILLEGAL activity on the net. Good job.

Second, I take it English is not your first language? You seem to have difficulty with spelling and grammar, so maybe your posts aren't coming over as you mean to.

Thridly, fighting "kids" and "drunken idiots". So what? Get in a ring with a trained boxer, a Muay Thai practioner or kick boxer, hit the mat with a BJJ student or a Judoka, or go to a MMA club and pick a fight there. Places where people know what they are doing. Then we will talk. I have no time for kids who fight other kids and think they are Mike Friggin Tyson. Right now you are a nobody who has faught nobodies and given idiotic advice on the strengthening forum.

Feel free to correct me though. Tell us all about how and where you have trained, and how you came about this "style" of yours.

EXACTLY... In the first post I stated that it really didnt matter b/c of who I was fighting. Thats just like saying kimbo is a good fighter when all he fights is trash. And English may not be my major but Ap law is pimp! You find me anything that says backyard boxing with content is illegal in ANY COUNTRY and ill put my hands down and say you win.

As long as consent bewteen both parties can be proven nothing is illegal. It is a sport. Im sorry that I did say fight and not "boxing" but we use gloves and its 100% legal... Whats 2 that????

And for the third thought.. Wherever did I say anything about being experianced? I said I take my training and fighting seriously thats about it... I havent competed anywhere as stated in the original post...

So yeah. Pretty much you took my first post as a BS thread of me trying to make myself sound good where in no meaning it was suppose to be taken that way. It was simply a hello, how yall doing names twigget type thing that you made gay!!!

Good job

Re: New 2 Forums... Sry if I Twink you out!!! - 12/18/06 10:27 AM

From Dictionary.com:

Drunk
Adjective

1. being in a temporary state in which one's physical and mental faculties are impaired by an excess of alcoholic drink; intoxicated: The wine made him drunk.

Fighting people who are in a state where they law may construe that their judgement abilities aren't what they should be is legal eh? Fighting children (anyone under the age of 18) who CANNOT consent to anything without parental.guardian consent in the eyes of the law is legal is it?

If you hit someone in these boxing matches and they fall to the ground and kill themselves, you think you won't face criminal action? In Europe Union you would.
If it's legal, post the videos then, along with the parental/guardian consent for these kids you beat up. Any MA club owner on here in the USA has to get consent forms from a childs parents before they engage in MA, which is the same in most countries in the world.

You cannot expect to be taken seriously on here when people with years, some with decades of experience, and all you seemed to have done is beat up some kids and drunks. So?? Who did you think would be impressed by that? Why would you even post that?

Third point is simple. TELL US, IN DETAIL, ABOUT ALL THE FORMAL TRAINING YOU HAVE HAD. Reason I ask is because, and I quote "Havent lost yet but honestly mostly been fighting drunk or idoit kids who dont know what they are doing." If you have no formal training, wouldn't that also make you a kid that doesn't know what they are doing?

BTW way, how's this for an intro" Hi guys my name is Twiggett, have done some informal training but am looking to do something a bit more formal, either before or when I join the Armed forces. Just thought I'd introduce myself. Looking forward to using the forums"

Instead of "Never been in official match. Been in plenty of fights and around 10-15 backyard matches (boxing mostly). Havent lost yet but honestly mostly been fighting drunk or idoit kids who dont know what they are doing."

Am willing to give anyone a chance. But so far there is nothing in your posts to indicate that you should be taken seriously. Post the videos on Youtube, give us the links, and tell us about your training. Then we can start over.

P.S. http://www.usaboxing.org/2006RuleBook.pdf

Page 103, section 219.1

Re: New 2 Forums... Sry if I Twink you out!!! - 12/18/06 12:37 PM

You are actually 100% correct on the legal matter (except I could easily defend any case brought up agaisnt me due to the fact of liablity laws).. I didnt mean to start anything.

I had been reading the forum for a couple of days before I decided to join up and I really like the knowledge I can access from here.

In no manner when I wrote the original post I meant to polish myself in anyway. For my training, I practiced TKD but was to young to fully understand the training and fighting technique. I used to be a chubby kid weighing in around 200 and was heavily involved in the gym and training. Now 145 btw.

But when it comes to fighting its just from a rough past and being self-taught combined with the little tkd knowledge I know (not much).

Sorry bout the flame if there was any but I do plan on being a positive impact on any topic I can contribute 2. Even If I might be wrong Im going to say it so i can be corrected. Thats how I learn.

No more blah.blah.blah...

Re: New 2 Forums... Sry if I Twink you out!!! - 12/18/06 12:45 PM

Live and learn, its the best way. I myself get it wrong too, as we all do. But I think this one has went as far as it can go. You should ask the mod to lock it down, start again IMO.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: New 2 Forums... Sry if I Twink you out!!! - 12/18/06 01:01 PM

Twigget -

Welcome to the forums. As you can see, this is a somewhat imperfect form of communication. It's easy to miss the nuances that would come across in person. We can be a bit harsh, but it is usually well-intentioned harshness. I do hope that you stick around to learn and contribute.
Posted by: Taison

Re: New 2 Forums... Sry if I Twink you out!!! - 12/18/06 07:50 PM

His holyness, Sir Ban-alot has spoken.

Welcome aboard Midget, err... Twigget.

-Taison out