Keep your hands UP, stupid!

Posted by: Zombie Zero

Keep your hands UP, stupid! - 11/21/06 04:03 PM

It's simple. If you don't keep your hands up, you're going down.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2213902104526316548&q=knockout
Posted by: silvershamrock

Re: Keep your hands UP, stupid! - 11/21/06 04:53 PM

HAHA Great little clip!
Posted by: dre9292

Re: Keep your hands UP, stupid! - 11/21/06 10:16 PM

I had a similar experience while sparring, I let my guard down for a second and my opponent landed a kick right on my chin. One of the best lessons I ever learned lol
Posted by: Taison

Re: Keep your hands UP, stupid! - 11/22/06 05:38 AM

That dude in red pants, I give him 10/10 on the idiot meter.

Muhammad Ali wanna-bes. Tisk tisk.

-Taison out

Re: Keep your hands UP, stupid! - 11/22/06 09:00 AM

His lights were out before he hit the floor. The ref could have counted to 1,000.
Posted by: vegantkd

Re: Keep your hands UP, stupid! - 11/22/06 09:36 AM

When someone new comes into my boxing gym and I'm telling them to keep their hands up, I get tired of hearing "but the pros don't keep them up all the time why do I have to?" I always tell them, "when you have as many fights as any of the guys you're talking about and you're paying my salary you can start putting your hands down sometimes. Until then keep them up." I've been fighting for 21 yrs and I still keep them up as much as I can. It's become a good habit.
Posted by: Supremor

Re: Keep your hands UP, stupid! - 11/22/06 12:07 PM

who the hell were they? Both of them had their hands down, not just the guy who dot KO'd. Not exactly a lesson in technical kicboxing.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Keep your hands UP, stupid! - 11/22/06 12:14 PM

Quote:

who the hell were they? Both of them had their hands down, not just the guy who dot KO'd. Not exactly a lesson in technical kicboxing.

LMAO
Posted by: jamesjj

Re: Keep your hands UP, stupid! - 11/22/06 01:27 PM

Some people learn visually, some by audio, and others need PAIN!

Re: Keep your hands UP, stupid! - 11/22/06 01:30 PM

The only thing missing was Chris Tucker standing over the guy, shouting "You got KTFO, man!"

Posted by: DavidDude

Re: Keep your hands UP, stupid! - 11/22/06 02:07 PM

wtf lol.

I remember to keep my hands up (usually) And ive been learning Muay Thai for less than a month. lol.
Posted by: crablord

Re: Keep your hands UP, stupid! - 11/22/06 11:18 PM

Quote:

The only thing missing was Chris Tucker standing over the guy, shouting "You got KTFO, man!"

I think chris tucker could take them lol...on a (slightly) more serious note though, that black dude looked like he was trying to do his best king kong impersonation..i mean jesus his arms were almost hitting the floor
Posted by: Umbra_777

Re: Keep your hands UP, stupid! - 11/23/06 09:46 AM

Quote:

I was a quick learner on this.

It took my exactly two full hits to the face to learn to keep my hands up.

-Umbra
Posted by: aeclark82

Re: Keep your hands UP, stupid! - 11/25/06 01:08 PM

Quote:

I too was a little stubborn when I first started training in Muay Thai. I was doing a bit of focus training and he told me if I put my guard down he'd give me a little pop as a reminder. Over the next few minutes I got a lot of reminders. Now I'm constantly aware of my hand positioning
Posted by: Taison

Re: Keep your hands UP, stupid! - 11/26/06 11:56 AM

Is writing in red a new trend now? Oh my god I miss the days when text was black. .

You guys are just trying to hurt my eyes!

-Taison out
Posted by: aeclark82

Re: Keep your hands UP, stupid! - 11/26/06 01:20 PM

NO! You've caught on to our little plan!!!
Posted by: Raul Perez

Re: Keep your hands UP, stupid! - 12/02/06 04:46 PM

The guy who got knocked out is Jay R. Palmer. He was a superbrawl champion like 2-3 times. He is or was a TKD practioner and beat a lot of people including BJJ practitioners from BRAZIL. That was possibly a later round KO where both practitioners were completely tired. who knows. But give the guy a little respect.
Posted by: gojuwarrior1

Re: Keep your hands UP, stupid! - 12/02/06 06:59 PM

SHHHHMACK!
Posted by: Mingram

Re: Keep your hands UP, stupid! - 01/14/07 12:59 PM

hahaha great find, ive also noticed that when a lot of people kick they drop their hands. Tisk tisk gotta be more careful, people always think it sok to dropt their hands because the pros do, they also forget that its about round 6 by then and your unbeilivly tired. If you start with your hands down you wont live to see round 2
Posted by: KempoBJJ6

Re: Keep your hands UP, stupid! - 01/25/07 06:41 PM

both of those clowns hands were down kinda dunny nice little clip.