Is it to Late

Posted by: Griff

Is it to Late - 06/14/06 04:52 AM

HI im 16 years old and i rly wanna git involved in a Kickboxing GYM Exc. but IS IT TO LATE i need to do sumthign to git rid of my anger and im a decent fighter and i realy enojoy BOXING my freinds and but im kinda pour and ive seen sum gyms that want a hundred a month but i no theres cheaper out there well thanks for the advice to whoever gives me any
Posted by: Eveal

Re: Is it to Late - 06/14/06 08:35 AM

First of all, please take the time to read what your writing and use puncuations.

Your not to young to start kickboxing. Sixteen is a great age to start any martial arts. Its the best age to gain maximum flexibility and to start strength and conditioning training. In the end it depends on your heart and dedication. Its a tough road to but you can handle it if you set your mind to it.

If you fuel yourself off of anger, you will be a poor fighter because it leaves to sloppy technique. Get in a tough school and the higher belts or more advanced students will make you repect them through punishment and if you can't cope with it you will quit. At sixteen you shouldn't have anger just issues and you may need some alternative help with that if your parents can't help you.

Brandon
Posted by: IExcalibui2

Re: Is it to Late - 06/14/06 11:33 AM

yea try and type and talk more properly here

16 is a fine age to do Martial Arts. I mean I started when I was 13, only a 3 year difference and some people dont start till they're in their 20s. But yea using MA as a way for you to vent will eventually be bad. I guess you could think of a growing a bad seed into a bad plant. Find something you're interested in, not just something that could help you with anger issues. Because if your interested in it then you wont have any anger, and plus you'll enjoy doing it too.
Posted by: RossKo

Re: Is it to Late - 06/15/06 05:02 AM

I thought I was too old to start when I was 19. Turns out I was not. I'll be learning till I die but hopefully I will be very old and a very acomplished martial artist by then. I have students who are shaping up very well and will be ready even to compete soon and some of them are in their late forties and only recently started. If you've still got a pulse, you're not too old!!

Rossko
Posted by: Cord

Re: Is it to Late - 06/15/06 02:02 PM

it is never too late to start an MA, or learn to spell correctly. I started the former at 29 years old, and the latter in school, its all about priorities.
Posted by: Taison

Re: Is it to Late - 06/16/06 10:07 PM

Posted by: adaca

Re: Is it to Late - 06/17/06 02:30 AM

Hi.

Look around for a cheaper gym.See if you can purchase a second hand punch bag.

If you cant afford a gym where you live then advertise or ask about for a martial artist who might want to train with you.

If this is the case let them show you the basics such as punching and then work by your self on the bag.

Take no notice of critics and try to practice your writing skills.

Keep going
Good luck
Posted by: adaca

Re: Is it to Late - 06/17/06 02:32 AM

Mr taison man?

Posted by: Taison

Re: Is it to Late - 06/18/06 06:00 AM

First warning. You have broken the following rules;

Quote:

3. If you have an issue with an individual contact a moderator. If you have a problem with a moderator contact another moderator and/or the site administrator.

Quote:

Humour is allowed but as long it is not a personal attack against another member, mod/admin and does not violate the 5th rule.

Quote:

Try to stay on topic

And the last thing. . . I am the mod, either you follow the rule or you're gone. No making fun of me until I know you better. I don't like being "personal" with strangers.

-Taison out