How to do a spinning reverse round house kick?

Posted by: Renegade

How to do a spinning reverse round house kick? - 04/23/06 01:07 AM

how do I do those kicks? I've tried but after a couple times I start getting dizzy and fall..hehe well ive been googling for a long time but I couldn't find anything useful. The kick that im talking about is the one where you spin, and you do a reverse roundhouse kicking the opponent int he face with your heel...the one that ramon dekkar likes to use. Well thanks for any info that you give me =) o and I can kick above my head with a roundhouse...if that helps you with anything its just when I try it I can make it go high I dont know when to lift my leg n stuff.
Posted by: Dan1986

Re: How to do a spinning reverse round house kick? - 04/23/06 03:10 AM

first start slow by spinning with just your knee up. then as you get used to that, start spinning with your knee side ways, after you get used to that, then start extending your leg out and kicking about mid level and then work your way up. hope this helps.
Posted by: Supremor

Re: How to do a spinning reverse round house kick? - 04/23/06 05:30 AM

I have learnt to do the reverse roundhouse this way:

-the power comes from the torque in the spin and a pull in your hips. So you want to pivot nice and quickly on the ball of your foot(but don't raise the heel) without turning your torso. When your lower body has got most of the way round, it pulls your torso round. At this point you lift the leg nice and straight and let the leg come round. You then pull the leg into the target using your hips.

-It is very important to pull the toes back on the foot, otherwise the heel will not be very solid. I use this kick to break boards occasionally, and it will not break anything without proper foot position.
Posted by: Taison

Re: How to do a spinning reverse round house kick? - 04/25/06 11:23 AM

I got two suggestions for you;

1) The one that Supremor said.
2) Find an instructor.

-Taison out