MT RH Kick

Posted by: who238

MT RH Kick - 04/19/06 05:59 AM

probably a simple question, but what is the proper way to execute a MT RH kick? where does the power come from?

I sean MT RH kicks where the guy doesn't turn his hips, but tries to turn his foot - is this a RH kick?
Posted by: Taison

Re: MT RH Kick - 04/19/06 06:16 AM

Probably a simple answer, go find a teacher

Anyway, It's done quite simply. In the Orthodox stance, you take a step with your lead leg 45 degrees to the left. Then as you step forward, you twist your waist as you send your foot towards your intended target and when you have impact your body should have a straight bone alignment.

A trick I learned from the Filipino was to lift your leg up and then send it downwards at an angle of about 45 degrees for more "cutting" effect of the kick instead of "blunt" effect made by the original.

-Taison out
Posted by: who238

Re: MT RH Kick - 04/19/06 12:34 PM

thks Taison, just as I thought and practice, just lazy people doing RH kicks.

also 45" downward chop requires very high or jumping kick. I guess u want to hit the side of neck or head.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: MT RH Kick - 04/19/06 03:03 PM

I would think that the 45 degree downward kicks would be used primarily to the opponent's leg.
Posted by: mouli

Re: MT RH Kick - 04/19/06 04:49 PM

Hi Who,

There are a couple of things that you must take into account when you do the MT RH.

I'm assuming now you are doing your Rh with your right leg. While in stance, your body weight should be forward in the ratio prob 70 :30.
Then lift your kicking(right) leg so that you see your heel.
Then twist your right hip and pivot the other(left) leg simultaneouly as the kick goes through.
You should feel as if you are falling onto the side of your opponent or bag in front of you. And then sink into it.
Allow the kick to pass through the bag and do not snap it back.
Remember your leg is only the weapon used to strike.
your hips and the pivot and the sink gives you the power.
Try to use your whole body in whatever moves you do to get optimum results.
Hope this helps.

Mouli
Posted by: JKogas

Re: MT RH Kick - 04/19/06 05:51 PM

Another thing that helps a LOT is a quick twist of your head toward the direction the kick is going, as you initiate the movement. It sort of sets in motion the rest of the body for a more balistic rotation of the hips as they turn over.

-John
Posted by: Taison

Re: MT RH Kick - 04/20/06 04:47 AM

That's right. On the legs, high kicks are just "flash".

-Taison out
Posted by: ashe_higgs

Re: MT RH Kick - 04/20/06 04:27 PM

Quote:

-Taison out

i used to agree with you, but lately i've seen quite a few RH to the head that were scary knock out's, especially in a lot of the sanda clips.
Posted by: GuitarNinja

Re: MT RH Kick - 04/21/06 08:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

-Taison out

i used to agree with you, but lately i've seen quite a few RH to the head that were scary knock out's, especially in a lot of the sanda clips.

Indeed, it seems like I see more and more knockouts with high kicks to the head. Roundhouse, back kicks, axe kicks, spinning kicks, me being a TKDist I do alot of high kicking but ive always said low kicks for SD, I think the moment just has to be right like any other technique I guess.