*SPOILER* Mayweather vs. Judah

Posted by: MattJ

*SPOILER* Mayweather vs. Judah - 04/09/06 10:33 AM

Good fight. They were fairly evenly matched. Both displayed excellent timing and defensive footwork. Judah is very fast, but I think he was trying to use his speed too much, causing his accuracy to suffer.

Mayweather showed his conditioning in withstanding some vicious body shots from Judah, and a 4th (maybe 7th?) round blitz from Judah that almost put him on the canvas.

Mayweather dealt several hard straight shots into Judah's face that left him a bleeding mess. To his credit, Judah shook them off well.

Judah did land a horrific low blow square into Mayweather's groin, and followed it with a lovely rabbit punch to the back of his head. This caused an instant mini-melee between handlers of both fighters and security. Order was restored fairly quickly.

The fight ended up going the distance, with Mayweather looking very confident (sometimes sticking his tongue out at Judah). The unanimous decision went to Mayweather.
Posted by: Prizewriter

Re: *SPOILER* Mayweather vs. Judah - 04/09/06 03:55 PM

I never saw the fight, but I heard Mayweathers cornerman tried to entered the ring after the low blow was scored by Judah. Is this correct? Is Mayweather lucky not to be disqualified? (If someone from a boxers corner steps into the ring during the round, then the boxer in question is disqualified)
Posted by: MattJ

Re: *SPOILER* Mayweather vs. Judah - 04/09/06 04:56 PM

Quote:

I never saw the fight, but I heard Mayweathers cornerman tried to entered the ring after the low blow was scored by Judah. Is this correct?

It is true, although it looked like Judah's cornerman came in at nearly the same time.